• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by vampyren

1. vampyren

Should a Dash-PIVX merger be explored?

Yeah the EVO is a huge milestone and that alone could put this in a awkward situation. Plus on both side there are people who are very very vocal and can't imagine any change to the name, brand and all of that. Still i keep hoping the teams can collaborate and help each other. Similar to Firo...
  2. vampyren

Should a Dash-PIVX merger be explored?

Really a shame to see this merger will not even get discussed properly. I love both projects and i think there are lots of great people on both side and each project has something unique to bring to the table. But before that people with the maxi hat need to step back and think about the...
  3. vampyren

Utah Dash Conference 2023

Sadly living in Europe with heavy work and kids + having already planned a trip to spain mid Sep this will not fly with wife and RL. I can help with anything i can do remote. I will for sure watch and follow too if its broadcasted. With we could do these things in Europe so it can be some...
  4. vampyren

Miner reallocation2 / DAO refill

In a way if we get to the point of no money in the treasury it will be like we are a startup and everyone who sees value in the project need to put on the big boys pants and help out. Or we simply go down with the ship. Is that what we want? You know the answer for me, i don't so i help with...
  5. vampyren

I'm not saying they go working for free. What i'm saying is that perhaps they don't pack their bag day 1 and move away. Plus if they know the problems WE are facing they would stick around a few months supporting the work and help move us forward. If there is no progress i get that people need...
  6. vampyren

I want to see significant change but i didn't understood what the proposal will achieve actually. Maybe its my english.... I put a question in the thread So who is to decide what is a poorly crafted or ineffective proposal? this is very tricky and can be abused for sure. I don't get the benefit...
  7. vampyren

Being total honest and open its a lame excuse to not attend a meeting. Hell you guys can even allocate a week to spend it on Teams meeting using Miro or meet half way. In the grand scheme of things what is 1 week? I see teams like Firo or even Pivx do amazing work with a handful of devs which...
  8. vampyren

Yes that would be a wise thing to do. Question is then who/when/how we can meet and discuss the next chapter!? It would need 2-3 or maybe a week for some proper brainstorming and talk around governance and strategy. I'm not sure who does what exactly but people who leading like Sam, Rion and...
  9. vampyren

Sorry i just don't get your idea and how that would improve anything. I will create other problems and abuse in my view.
  10. vampyren

So what is the plan? We don't increase the budget and don't take any other actions? We can't simply put our heads into sand and think the problem goes away! If people are used to get paid and there is no money what happens with maintenance and bugs? What if the chain halts again? We need a...
  11. vampyren

Has everyone forgotten why Dash has mining?

Even so we need more than 1 Dash warrior to keep the chain alive, unless we go fully PoS + MN like say pivx. Also considering the price for GPU's today i doubt anyone would waste their GPU unless they make big profit. Hell i wouldn't. My 3090 and 4090 cost an arm and a leg and i want them for...
  12. vampyren

Has everyone forgotten why Dash has mining?

So let me ask this, what happens if profitability falls so much so that no one mines Dash anymore? Then no one basically writes the blocks to the chain! Then what?
  13. vampyren

Registering (encrypted?) xpub keys for masternode/miner payouts to improve "hygiene"/Coinjoin

For me it don't matter much. I do like to be able to get the reward to 1 specifc address. If privacy would be a concern i would use our coinjoin or use monero :)
  14. vampyren

Dash Roadmap Update (with ETA)

Would be great to see the value of these points instead of abbr or something that's vague. I mean if the roadmap if for people visiting the site they are intressted in seeing what they will be getting that is of value for them. Like what is DPNS for users in term of value? We need to start...
  15. vampyren

Development hell: A case study

Since i'm working as a product manager today i totally understand this message and stand behind what your saying here! I often get amazed how much time and money is wasted due to bad planning, lack of communication, lack of commitment etc etc. As you know i been around for a while and i see...
Back