• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by Technologov

1. Technologov

Feature-request: Add tx index by default, allow ElectrumX RPC

Hello, Today a server guy needs to install Linux, then Dash Core node, then configure txindex=1 , then Install ElectrumX to allow any light wallet Electrum users to connect. I would recommend to save the last 2 steps: *. Ship Dash Core software with tx index enabled by default. This is...
  2. Technologov

v13.0 Testing

Hello, while working on v13 "Evolution", can you please revisit my idea of new address type for Dash Insta-Send, as described here ? https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues/1559 "Assume a retail merchant wants to accept ONLY InstantSend transactions. Today there is no way to make it happen. A...
  3. Technologov

ATTENTION !! Time to withdraw from Bitfinex

They didn't rebuke anything. The ONLY way to rebuke such claims is to give a top 4 auditor a chance to give a public independent audit of their balance.
  4. Technologov

DashNexus - The Next Generation Dash Governance Platform

Please make a return of dashvotetracker.com !! (Dash Nexus has problems !!) https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/9ilmk8/please_make_a_return_of_dashvotetrackercom/
  5. Technologov

I suggest using hybrid Masternode PoS + PoW mining

Buying 15000 D3 miners ($500 each = $7.5M, flat price) is much cheaper than buying 2000 Masternodes. ($400M and rising, because market of Dash is very thin .. After anyone buys a hundred Masternodes, Dash prices will rise quickly). Attacking vs. POS is much more expensive than vs. POW coins...
  6. Technologov

For Dash: vs PoW it is better to build a hybrid PoW+PoS because we could do odd numbered blocks via PoW Mining and even numbered blocks via Masternodes (PoS), increasing defences vs 51% attacks (attacker will need to have both 51% POW + 51% stake to attack Dash... ) I propose to tech Masternodes...
  7. Technologov

and now Dr. Craig Wright publicly threats to attack Bitcoin Cash network, a network bigger than Dash, and he might be able to pull this off. https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/9b9mf0/csw_threatens_to_double_spend_steal_and_attack/ I opened official feature request on github...
  8. Technologov

Bitcoin Cash (BCH/BCC) and Dash

If you speak about Bitmain, then it holds 312k DASH out of 8304k DASH in existence, or 3.8% total outstanding. And 1M Bitcash is not such a big deal for a billion dollar corporation. maybe Dash is more decentralized, maybe less. It’s very difficult to compare, because we don’t know how many...
  9. Technologov

Bitcoin Cash (BCH/BCC) and Dash

well, I hold a sizable amount of both DASH and BCH. Dash is technologically superior, but Bitcoin Cash just has a bigger community. The question is: will technology prevail? or larger community? If you look at audio codecs, then MP3 prevails, while superior audio codecs do exist, like Ogg...
  10. Technologov

For Dash: vs PoW it is better to build a hybrid PoW+PoS because we could do odd numbered blocks via PoW Mining and even numbered blocks via Masternodes (PoS), increasing defences vs 51% attacks (attacker will need to have both 51% POW + 51% stake to attack Dash... ) PoW is still needed to solve...
  11. Technologov

Dash-qt has a memory leak !

Leaving my Dash Qt (wallet) opened up for 2 days, it's memory commitment went up to 10 Gigs ! Dash Core 12.3.2 (latest) on Windows 7 x64. Debug log attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/35lby4nb8ql9txu/debug - memleak -10Gig -2018-08-12.log?dl=0
  12. Technologov

Vote against 'Core Team Taxes' could put things into jeopardy

Hello, Just wanted to inform us all that voting against 'Core Team Taxes' could put entire Dash Core team into jeopardy. This is because by law, taxes are payable *before* salaries. And 119 votes against it could make it hard to pass this proposal. Basically Dash Core team could be forced to...
  13. Technologov

Suggestion: Mine half blocks via Masternodes

>why change anything? 1. To diversify mining algorithm(s) 2. To reduce energy consumption >What will miners be doing while its MNs turn to mine? They will save electricity. (computers can micro-sleep for 2.5 minutes, between blocks, reducing power consumption by 10x factor)
  14. Technologov

Suggestion: Mine half blocks via Masternodes

Since Masternodes already play an important part of the Dash ecosystem, Dash is already defacto PoW/PoW hybrid algorithm, I'd recommend that every 2nd block be mined by Masternodes. Odd blocks by PoW miners; Even blocks to be mined by Masternodes (via PoS). This lead to better security (because...
  15. Technologov

Problem upgrading Masternodes to 12.3

according to this document: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v0.12.3.1/doc/release-notes.md section “Governance system improvements”. it seems like watchdog (same as Sentinel?) is not used anymore.
Back