• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by strophy

1. strophy

v19.2.0 Release Announcement

Insight 4.0.3 has been released with a fix, and deployed on testnet and mainnet, please verify protx requests are working now
  2. strophy

v19.2.0 Release Announcement

Rango has had uninterrupted access to DCG Slack since February 2016, and remains a member today, I'm not sure if this is "new Slack" since it the same server we always use. I've provided instructions on how to reset his password. The narrative that we somehow cut off communication with him is...
  3. strophy

Dash Core v19.0.0 Release Candidate and Testnet HardFork

I'm not sure how platform guys intend to set versions, but I agree requiring a platform release just to bump the core version is not optimal. It might be an idea to be able to fetch a good config from a remote server, but this would require a bit of setup and maintenance. We could also use...
  4. strophy

Core 18.2.0 withdrawn! Cannot sync past block 1800330 on mainnet

The issue has been identified and the fix prepared here: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/5142 Since this will result in a hard fork, it will likely be included in the v19 release.
  5. strophy

Core 18.2.0 withdrawn! Cannot sync past block 1800330 on mainnet

WARNING! Dash Core 18.2.0, released two days ago on 2023-01-04, contains an issue that does not permit it to sync past block 1800330. Please do not use this version on mainnet! The build will be withdrawn and devs are investigating to find a solution. Further communication will be posted in...
  6. strophy

protx update_service. protx-dup issue

Hi, did you follow these instructions? https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/maintenance.html#proupservtx You need to use the original proTxHash that you got when you first registered the masternode.
  7. strophy

Should Platform run on all nodes or should Platform run only on High Performance nodes ?

Agree on this, it makes more sense to have the concept of how platform works audited, than to have someone cold-read the code and try to reason about it. The chance of finding bugs like that is pretty low, although I can see how it might make sense in more limited code bases like smart contracts.
  8. strophy

Should Platform run on all nodes or should Platform run only on High Performance nodes ?

STRONGLY agree with this. We urgently need to strengthen our management and internal communication at DCG, devs are burning out doing management work.
  9. strophy

I believe introducing new, higher collaterals is unlikely to attract new people to Dash, and I think introducing a new lower collateral would have the same effect. If the goal is to reduce the number of masternodes running platform in order to reduce storage fees, wouldn't running platform on...
  10. strophy

Thanks @QuantumExplorer for engaging with the questions here in good faith on a weekend! Really appreciate you taking the time to explain the concepts in the video and responding here so actively. My question is about the hypothetical scenario where something bad happens on platform and takes...
  11. strophy

*Reward* Another old darkcoin wallet - transactions unconfirmed in latest dashcore?

Hm, something does seem weird here. If the wallet is showing transactions on the `Xp9kBkSGghczGebi5wXLfqReFf4rnwydqM` address (did I copy that out exactly correctly?) then these should exist on the blockchain, but I can't find them either. Can you paste actual text (instead of screenshots) of...
  12. strophy

I need the Dash Electrum Wallet installation file for Windows or Mac to recover my Dash

You can attempt to create a new Dash Core wallet by specifying a recovery phrase as described here: https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/wallets/dashcore/advanced.html#create-hd-wallet You should also be able to import recovery phrases in other wallets like Edge if this does not work. If you still...
  13. strophy

Dash Ecosystem Overview graphic update May 11, 2022

Hi demo, it was my decision to put the ecosystem graphic overview on the front page. My decision to put it there had nothing at all to do with the presence or absence of any particular DFO or self-funded projects, in fact I was completely unaware of mnowatch being moved around because I just did...
  14. strophy

Dash Radar maintenance

Dash Radar has been shut down due to lack of a maintainer.
  15. strophy

Dash Radar maintenance

Hi everyone, as you know DCG has taken over maintenance and operation of radar.dash.org after Antti was low on capacity. We also used this tool internally to track metrics that were presented in the quarterly calls. Since these are no longer taking place, I would like to gauge how much community...
Back