• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by strix

1. strix

V12 Testing Thread

Once again, i find the preponderance of terminal nines interesting. Is this just a coincidence? Ref. my previous post copied below...
  2. strix

V12 Testing Thread

Just fired up V. .20 with --reindex but did NOT delete any files. Sync flew past 75799, but got hung on 84999 @ 14 hours. Will retry with files deleted. Edit: Interesting--I simply restarted the client without --reindex and it dutifully continued syncing up to block 85299 at T- 1 hour where it...
  3. strix

V12 Testing Thread

Same here--block 75799. Seems like I have seen that number before. Edit: Deleted all files but wallet.dat, started with --reindex--sync complete @ block 84970.
  4. strix

V12 Testing Thread

Looks good on my end. Block 84804 and DS working faster than I have ever seen it do.:cool: Funny thing, I've got my "real" MN working fine on my Pi2, but have never had a chance to set one up here on Tnet. I guess it's time.:eek:
  5. strix

V12 Testing Thread

All is well--I am posting this for posterity in case anyone else runs into this problem. Seems my hypothesis was more-or-less correct. The solution from the ArchWiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PaX#PaX_exceptions) : PaX exceptions Some of the PaX exploit mitigations prevent certain...
  6. strix

V12 Testing Thread

This may or may not be relevant; I have been working on upgrading my technical prowess in the area of Linux security and just started running the Grsecurity kernel and PaX on my Arch Linux Lenovo T400 laptop. My .11.2.23 wallet runs fine but the last two test wallets fail with the following...
  7. strix

V12 Testing Thread

OK, thanks! I only have one pi, and it is busy running my MN. Arch compiles from git in the background so time is not a concern there. For testing I am just using my poor little laptop.:oops:
  8. strix

V12 Testing Thread

Sorry to be so erratic here but the demands on me are somewhat difficult.:oops: I have been checking in as I have been able. Oh, and thanks to the folks who sent me the tdash a while back.:smile: A quick question concerning the Pi-build; What is the OS this is aimed at, I am assuming Raspian...
  9. strix

V12 Testing Thread

Long time no see.:smile: But it is good to be back (if even for a short while) and see that things are progressing nicely.:grin::cool::grin: I have a test wallet up and running; it is currently mixing 320 DASH to six rounds and seems to be going smoothly. It is also cpu mining and earned me...
  10. strix

Official Vote Update / Team Member Update

Thank you Minotaur! FWIW, I have not forgotten that it was your gracious gift of 10 D which kicked off this journey for me! So double thanks are in order.:cool::grin::grin::grin: We are all responsible for our own choices, and I feel conflicted because mine are leading me to a position where I...
  11. strix

Official Vote Update / Team Member Update

Yes indeed--congratulations and thank you to you Crowning!:grin: I have a question for you folks... As of today I finally have my masternode up and running,:cool::cool::cool:; can I vote, or did it need to be running before the vote was called? It would be an honour to participate if it is at...
  12. strix

Problem with Dash on Arch Linux

UdjinM6, I could kiss you on the lips!:eek: That solved the problem. I have more that I will comment on tomorrow when I have more time, but wanted to let you know asap. I will point out however that while I DO NOT know how to compile,, my OS does! The yaourt -Syu command will automatically...
  13. strix

Problem with Dash on Arch Linux

I sure hope someone can help with this; One of the things that I really appreciate about Arch is the way I have been able to install Dash with "yaourt -S dashcore-git" and upgrade it with the command "yaourt -Syu". However, the AUR repository now seems broken. I am concerned because vertoe is...
  14. strix

Self-sustainable Decentralized Governance by Blockchain

Well your left brain is certainly welcome, appreciated, and needed here. I am in FL near the Space Center, so I am quite comfortable rubbing shoulders with left brains. Please feel free to let your right brain know it is welcome to come along for the ride, if it so chooses.:wink:
  15. strix

Self-sustainable Decentralized Governance by Blockchain

It is an honour to meet you Solarminer.:smile: I have truly appreciated your level headed input, and the way you have clarified and collated the suggestions to this point. It really does help one to think about the options more clearly when they are laid out side by side. My respect for you is...
Back