• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by Martin Rue

1. Martin Rue

Pre-Proposal: DashRoots – the grassroots crowdfunding platform for Dash.

The COSTS and TEAM sections are continued here from the above proposal document. --- COSTS With the current market conditions in mind, we have made every possible effort to reduce our costs to the minimum viable in order to complete the work detailed above. Given the work already produced at...
  2. Martin Rue

Pre-Proposal: DashRoots – the grassroots crowdfunding platform for Dash.

Hello everyone, After running a proposal last year to fund the development of our proposed system for crowdfunding, we're really pleased to have now launched the system and able to return with a second proposal. Any comments on the proposal would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks folks...
  3. Martin Rue

Release announcement: DashRoots, the crowdfunding system exclusively for Dash

Hi everyone. Just a quick note to mention that anyone can make a proposal on DashRoots to seek funding from the community. We already have a small community and available funds for good ideas. If you have always wanted to do something for Dash but never been able to afford the proposal fee to...
  4. Martin Rue

Release announcement: DashRoots, the crowdfunding system exclusively for Dash

Hi everyone! Some folks here may remember the budget proposal we ran last year to create a crowdfunding system (similar to Kickstarter) for the Dash community. Despite the proposal not passing, we continued to work on it and today we're pleased to announce that DashRoots has finally been...
  5. Martin Rue

Pre-proposal: Grassroots Crowdfunding System

Hey everyone. I wanted to share a short progress update in case anybody was wondering what's happening with the project following the proposal. Using our own funds, we've been developing the project (which is called DashRoots) since shortly after the proposal failed to gain the required...
  6. Martin Rue

[Pre-Proposal] DashBoost - Funding Small Projects By Sub-DAO

In principle I support the idea because I had the very same one :) Here's a link to the proposal: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/grassroots-crowdfunding-system It's now called DashRoots, and we've been developing the system since a little after the proposal failed to gain enough support to...
  7. Martin Rue

PEC Prioritized and Categorized List of Evaluated Proposals

Hi Biltong, I also don't see my own proposal (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/grassroots-crowdfunding-system) on there unfortunately. The preproposal and proposal occurred before the 7th. Are there other criteria required to make it onto your review? Thanks, Martin
  8. Martin Rue

Splitting the proposal would work so long as Core had a plan, and resources, to build out these protocol pieces to support this idea. But a few things occur to me: - Core are busy on things I personally think are more important right now. This shouldn't take attention away from Evolution's...
  9. Martin Rue

That's a perfectly fair concern. There is a risk that a successful version of this project could cause the incentive to build protocol support to diminish. On the other hand, the community supporting this and showing it to work successfully could act as an incentive *to build* it into the...
  10. Martin Rue

Yeah, exactly – kicking off the funding is a good way to phrase it. Sort of like "Look, I support my own project, so please help me make it happen." The idea of 0.5 was a sort of initial collateral, to help encourage people to take it more seriously and make it easier to go ahead and support...
  11. Martin Rue

Hey bhkien, great question, thanks. I will update the pre-proposal with this question and answer. The plan is use a BIP32 HD set of addresses. This will allow the server to generate unique addresses for users, but ensure all funds flow into an offline hardware wallet, entirely separate from the...
  12. Martin Rue

Pre-proposal: grass roots crowdfunding system for Dash projects. TL;DR I want to build a community crowdfunding platform for Dash, aimed at smaller projects and individuals. Please let me know whether you would support this proposal. I'm really excited about the potential of this idea, and I...
Back