• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by John Ferguson

1. John Ferguson

Decision Time

The larger proposals we first posted on the forum and Slack, and all referenced stuff, was to try to lay out the whole, big picture and get feedback from some who saw enough merit to dig in. With that we were able to isolate the best way to communicate the proposal, and indeed what to ask for...
  2. John Ferguson

HempSweet Decentralized Industrialization Alliance Proposal

I understand your fears here but ask you to consider a few things that will hopefully alleviate your doubts. 1. There is no contract in any legal sense, especially not between any or all MNs and the bioprocessor. They are not party to this funding request. We personally (Travis and John) have...
  3. John Ferguson

Actually, that is exactly what we are doing. The funding in Dash is key, and funding coming from a decentralized community is key as well. See HempSweet whitepaper for the logic of this. Pre-sale of the final product could also be part of the decentralized support. That will play a part later...
  4. John Ferguson

You may not understand how desperate a lot of the players on the production side are to be able to transact in some way OTHER than fiat. Can't bank, means farmers and others sitting on actual cash. Sounds nice, but it exposes them to all sorts of hazards from theft to "asset forfeiture" for...
  5. John Ferguson

The initial proposal will be one-off, with the necessity to continually prove efficacy to maintain funding. All parties are in agreement on this. Re ongoing funding: The funding is going to a biomass processor. That that processor has a division that focuses on processing and development of the...
  6. John Ferguson

(This is a long post because it has to be. It our the last substantial post on the subject before we complete formulating a proposal, so it is hoped that MNs will take the time to read it, and if interested, look further into other posts. Any additional feedback would be appreciated. We...
  7. John Ferguson

Funding directly for promoting Dash is part of it, and might be something we could do otherwise, but the picture is a lot bigger. See next post, shortly.
  8. John Ferguson

Thanks for the suggestions. An interview with Travis would be a good idea. On Potcoin: well, it's in the name. Dash is digital cash, designed to be used broadly as money. The HempSweet project addresses the non-marijuana (pot) part of the cannabis industry, which has vast other uses. I'm not...
  9. John Ferguson

tl;dr This is an intricate proposal, so a summation of the value given and received by the Dash community is needed as an entrance point. The proposal seeks to establish an alliance between the Dash community, the BitShares community and HempSweet (a project by Value Choice Research and...
  10. John Ferguson

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Hello All, Just joined this forum and Dash Nation. Delighted! By way if intro, my name is John Ferguson. I have two podcasts: the SAFE Crossroads podcast, and Technology & Choice, both on the Let's Talk Bitcoin network. I'm also an editor, proofreader and writer, and specialize in trying to...
Back