• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by Arthyron

1. Arthyron

Dash DAO Governance Improvement Discussion

I was asked to transfer the points I was making about the problems with the current state and model of the Dash DAO's Governance system and ways it can be improved from Discord to the Forum for posterity. Feel free to discuss such matters in this thread: "Probably no single post contains all...
  2. Arthyron

Rename Dash Core Group

I'm aware that this happens frequently, but what I'm saying is that I do not believe that the frequency with which this occurs really correlates or contributes to FUD regarding perceived centralization. I think the two are unrelated or at least non-causal in nature. I do agree that education and...
  3. Arthyron

Rename Dash Core Group

I really don't see why so many people are bent out of shape about people misunderstanding Ryan's position within the network. I think it's great that the professionalism of DCG is often people's first exposure to Dash and that they do a fantastic job of representing the network in that capacity...
  4. Arthyron

What's this Trust Protector thing all about? Let's meet them and chat about Dash stuff.

I too am running for one of the six Trust Protector positions. I've been following the developments of the industry since before the "10,000 BTC" Pizza event in 2010. Toward the end of 2013 I decided it was time to actually get involved in the industry hands-on and a friend and I set out to to...
  5. Arthyron

***Attention: Pre-Proposals Moved to Dash Nexus***

With the recent launch of Dash's new governance platform, Dash Nexus, the creation of Pre-Proposals has been reimagined from the ground up in to the creation of "Concepts," which serve as the rough draft for what could eventually become a full proposal submitted to the treasury. Unlike the...
  6. Arthyron

Buy with discounts in Dash, 2 Cities Valencia and Los Teques Venezuela

Merchants may not want to hand over all of their receipts or invoices, and their customers may not want their personal information revealed either. I would encourage you to pursue different solutions to this problem. I don't know how regulations are in Venezuela, but that might violate them in...
  7. Arthyron

DashUP: potential to get +10000 Dash Users or more

I think it's a good idea. As I understand it, the new version of Dash.org will be launching soon, sometime early next month last I heard, and it should eventually--if not immediately--have a prominent section about our new Dapp platform.
  8. Arthyron

EletroPay POS + SIGN Solution

@Rod Ambrissi -- Hello and thank you for your pre-proposal. With the Treasury budget being what it is as the market continues to decline, competition for funds will be fierce, but this is a really great project and one I will gladly support. Whether or not this project receives funding, I will...
  9. Arthyron

DashUP: potential to get +10000 Dash Users or more

@GarciaGil -- Hello, and thank you for your Pre-Proposal. Indeed, what Unstoppable says is what I was going to say. The upcoming changes to Dash will make this much easier and more efficient, but it wouldn't hurt to get a head start on creating your version of this program so that you can be...
  10. Arthyron

Buy with discounts in Dash, 2 Cities Valencia and Los Teques Venezuela

@rjjerez -- Hello, and thank you for your pre-proposal. Incentivizing merchant usage with subsidized discounts is sometimes a viable strategy, but moreso when the Treasury budget is not so tight, it would be hard to justify this kind of expenditure in current market conditions. You'll also want...
  11. Arthyron

DASH FOR EMPLOYEES-Dash Maracay-Venezuela

@wgollini -- Hello, and thank you for your pre-proposal. As you have rightly identified, it's not enough to onboard merchants to create a living Dash ecosystem, people have to have ways of obtaining Dash that don't rely on them being able to navigate exchanges and other complex systems. Being...
  12. Arthyron

ABEE Pre-Proposal: Dash Integrated Rideshare App

Hello, @ABEE , and thank you for your Pre-Proposal. I was wondering if/when we might hear from you, as you seemingly appeared out of nowhere in the NBC Segment on Dash a few months back, seemingly fully-formed and having already integrated Dash on your platform. Obviously you know what you're in...
  13. Arthyron

Pre-Proposal: Modular Networking Backend for Dash Core

Hello, @ol, and thank you for your pre-proposal. This is a very interesting project, and quite ambitious for one person, but I can see the value in it, especially for the cost described. I played around with I2P a few years back, but at the time there just wasn't much happening with it, and I...
  14. Arthyron

Pre-proposal: Dash BE (Business Evaluation)

@Dash Business Evaluation - Yes, it's much like a business, but it is also much, much more. There are reasons for funding various proposals that may not have any demonstrable ROI, for example, but may none the less accomplish important goals for the DAO. For the projects where ROI is important...
  15. Arthyron

Pre-proposal: Dash BE (Business Evaluation)

Hello, @Dash Business Evaluation , and thank you for your pre-proposal. This is actually something that several of us have been talking about for quite some time. Dash Watch has been indispensable where honest and accurate reporting and better oversight are concerned, but due to the very...
Back