• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I hope to contribute. My background is more surrounding SaaS apps than peer-to-peer. When I read the Evolution documentation
One thing that jumped out at me as a question is the discussion surrounding the process of emailing account requests. To me it's difficult to comprehend email
in a decentralized manner.

Because of so much spam filtering on the internet most filters do a reverse DNS blacklisting, which checks the IP against the domain used to send the email.
1)If the masternodes send through a central dash server, then that's centralization of that communication which I would think is not the first choice since decentralization is the goal.
So many will want to do it at the masternode level.

2)If the masternodes send through their own SMTP relays then they will have to have their own domain matching the sent emails. It could be accountnotice @ mymasternode1 . net
or accountnotice @ mypizzashop.co or whatever. With 20,000 potential masternodes that's potentially alot of variety in the domains emails are coming from.

Perhaps it can be overcome with just simple naming conventions for the domain. In any case, when I was considering how I would setup an email server for my masternode that came up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I hope to contribute. My background is more surrounding SaaS apps than peer-to-peer. When I read the Evolution documentation
One thing that jumped out at me as a question is the discussion surrounding the process of emailing account requests. To me it's difficult to comprehend email
in a decentralized manner.

Because of so much spam filtering on the internet most filters do a reverse DNS blacklisting, which checks the IP against the domain used to send the email.
1)If the masternodes send through a central dash server, then that's centralization of that communication which I would think is not the first choice since decentralization is the goal.
So many will want to do it at the masternode level.

2)If the masternodes send through their own SMTP relays then they will have to have their own domain matching the sent emails. It could be accountnotice @ mymasternode1 . net
or accountnotice @ mypizzashop.co or whatever. With 20,000 potential masternodes that's potentially alot of variety in the domains emails are coming from.

Perhaps it can be overcome with just simple naming conventions for the domain. In any case, when I was considering how I would setup an email server for my masternode that came up.
Yes there are a lot of details to be sorted out, that's for sure.

Hi! I've been following Dash for over a year but just joined the forum. It's been exciting to see the "evolution" of features over time (couldn't resist the terrible pun). I recently set up a node on a Vultr VPS (sadly only a full node - don't have enough funds for a Masternode) and am getting up to speed on the Evolution papers.

Hi! I've been following Dash for over a year but just joined the forum. It's been exciting to see the "evolution" of features over time (couldn't resist the terrible pun). I recently set up a node on a Vultr VPS (sadly only a full node - don't have enough funds for a Masternode) and am getting up to speed on the Evolution papers.
Welcome to Dash, thephez!

Hello, Dash newb here. I compiled and ran the client back when it was in the early phases and still called Darkcoin, then got distracted. Now that bitcoin is getting a bit stale and the blockchain limits are being arbitraged, it's time to branch out.

I will try to be of use to the community. So far, I am impressed with the documentation and good energy present here.

Hello, Dash newb here. I compiled and ran the client back when it was in the early phases and still called Darkcoin, then got distracted. Now that bitcoin is getting a bit stale and the blockchain limits are being arbitraged, it's time to branch out.

I will try to be of use to the community. So far, I am impressed with the documentation and good energy present here.

welcome newb, make yourself comfortable here
:wink:

Hello, I have been following the Dash since last spring. Dash's continuous innovations and moving forward makes me believe it will become an outstanding cryptocurrency down the road.

welcome :grin:

Hello, to all new DASHers!

We're glad you joined the Dash community.

Just the fact that you're here reading this represents the interest that is out there for a serious alternative to Bitcoin and other digital currencies. On behalf of all DASHers, I welcome you to the community, and look forward to your contributions to the development of this innovative coin.

Please take the time to browse around the forum, and use this thread to introduce yourself, and ask any questions you may have about DASH! If you have any special skills (particularly QT or C++), let us know! If you would like to tag a particular member for a response, you need to put an "@" in front of their name (Example : @tonythetiger) When you do this, you will see their name in blue when you post.

We look forward to hearing from you, and welcome any comments, concerns, and suggestions you may have. Remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked.....

Once again, welcome to the community!

:grin:
Thanks!

Hi! I'm a developer looking to get involved with a cryptocurrency. I really want to work with CryptoGovernment and its applications because I think it makes sense. Can someone give me a quick pitch on how Dash's government style differs from Bitshares and Decred's? Also, do you know of any other cryptogovernments?

Hi! I'm a developer looking to get involved with a cryptocurrency. I really want to work with CryptoGovernment and its applications because I think it makes sense. Can someone give me a quick pitch on how Dash's government style differs from Bitshares and Decred's? Also, do you know of any other cryptogovernments?
Welcome to Dash Nation, ponysauce! I'm not sure about BitShares or Decred, but you can check out this video about Dash's governance:

welcome to dash

Hi, a pleasure to join the forums,
I am OKtoshi, Lead developer for OK and ROKOS among others,
I believe in decentralization and empowerment of the users, and would be honored to integrate Dash into
The ROKOS flavors System, (OS for IoT devices with integrated fullnodes).
Will start a thread with a proposal for the community by tomorrow, as I just signed up and cant start one until my account is 1 day old.

Same way I love to support great projects and do cross collaborations, feel free to reach me anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back