• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MEGA-"HELP! WALLET NOT SYNCING"-THREAD

Hey All
we are a new team at Facebook/Darkcoin !
Please 'like' the page to get our numbers up
and the word out !!
Tx
https://www.facebook.com/Darkcoin
Please note: This is no longer the official Darkcoin Facebook page.

It's a long story - suffice it to say that the person who controls this page has been...less than cooperative.

The official Darkcoin Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/DarkcoinOfficial

I realize that darkcoin.io still points to the old address. We are working on getting that remedied.

Thanks to whoever merged my posts into this thread. I updated the peers.dat file and used -reindex and now I'm synced. A bit surprised that there are no (even tiny fractions of) drk in my wallet after around 72 hours solid mining over the last week but Im probably averaging 40 kh/s and after looking around that doesnt seem very much.

Thanks to whoever merged my posts into this thread. I updated the peers.dat file and used -reindex and now I'm synced. A bit surprised that there are no (even tiny fractions of) drk in my wallet after around 72 hours solid mining over the last week but Im probably averaging 40 kh/s and after looking around that doesnt seem very much.
Your welcome.

Which pool are you mining at? elitter.net looks like a litecoin p2pool node.
And yes, only "yay!" counts.

I know we are going offtopic, but try adding the following to your worker name.
Code:
XsWp6DXrEiEtBpyU5YMctXf15BYNHhufrG/0+0.00002

Thanks. I was tampering with stuff like this yesterday thanks to a post I read by tomfoolery and got interesting results. Generally about 30% lower average kh/s but lots more yay's. The plan was to look into it more today. So thats modifying the difficulty? I have a rough idea of whats going on but not totally clear on the specifics yet :)

Please help!
stuck on 75222 of 75327 with 20 connections(5-days behind). Restarted several times (v0.9.4.11-unk-beta).

ElectricSavant™

Anyone else is stuck at 81208? A transaction to my wallet hasn't cleared for more than 20 minutes now. It shows in 'unconfirmed' but zero confirmations (0/unconfirmed). Please advise.

EDIT: False alarm! It works just fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the 10.7.3 wallet and now I have the 10.8.11 version. The damn thing has been running for two days and has even been restarted once or twice but it stays stuck on 11 days to go, and once it got to 5 and stayed there most of the day.

What the hell?

Of course, there was a hard fork weeks ago. Delete everything in the Darkcoin folder except wallet.dat, then run the wallet.

This link has latest wallet url.
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/postponing-masternode-payments-till-may-25th.578/

first update, start wallet, wait simply 10mins.

Then if you still have problem.
Replace peers.dat with http://drk.poolhash.org/files/peers.dat
(first stop wallet, then replace)

And check firewall, if outbound port 9999 is blocked.

How to check ?

using browser, open http://portquiz.net:9999/
If you can see following message, it's ok.
Code:
Outgoing port tester

This server listens on all TCP ports, allowing you to test any outbound TCP port.
You have reached this page on port 9999.
Your network allows you to use this port. (Assuming that your network is not doing advanced traffic filtering.)
Network service: unknown
Your outgoing IP: ~~~

I still have a problem with sync.When I open the wallet,it can connect the network,it can download 500 blocks,then stop.But it still connect the network,just can't download the blocks.So I turn it off.When I restart the wallet,it can also download another 500 blocks,then stop again.So what's the problem?
1.I have download the latest wallet.My version is 9.10.0.
I have wait 10 mins.
3.I have replace the new peers.dat
4.my port 9999 is open.

I still have a problem with sync.When I open the wallet,it can connect the network,it can download 500 blocks,then stop.But it still connect the network,just can't download the blocks.So I turn it off.When I restart the wallet,it can also download another 500 blocks,then stop again.So what's the problem?
1.I have download the latest wallet.My version is 9.10.0.
I have wait 10 mins.
3.I have replace the new peers.dat
4.my port 9999 is open.

Give your wallet more time.
"it can download 500 blocks" means it connected to networks, but need more peer.
use getinfo to check number of connected peers.

Give your wallet more time.
"it can download 500 blocks" means it connected to networks, but need more peer.
use getinfo to check number of connected peers.

How to use getinfo to check number of connected peers?
I have been wait for 40 mins.
The old wallet don't have this problem.
I updata the wallet to 0.9.10.Then the problem come.

Exactly the reason why we started Cointopay, the desktop wallet suck! The protocol and technology behind it is great, but the desktop user experience sucks big time, especially when you have multiple alt coin wallets.

This should be easy enough to fix... it sounds like you didn't update your Darkcoin client and now you've lost sync with the network and can't catch up. You're probably also running on a bad fork of the block chain. This would explain why you never see coins appear in your wallet or receive transactions from your mining pool payouts.

First thing you need to do is ensure you're running the latest version of Darkcoin-qt. You can check which version you're running by going to the top menu-bar in your client window and clicking Help >> About Darkcoin. This will bring up the "About Box" for your Darkcoin-qt client. The very first thing you should see in this window is your client version number. Mine says this:

DarkCoin version v0.10.11.4-unk-beta

If you're running anything other than v0.9.11.5 or v0.10.11.5 then your Darkcoin client is out-of-date and you need to download the new client version from the official Darkcoin website (www.darkcoin.io). You can see my thread here about updating your client and download the correct version directly from my download links.

Once you've made sure you've got the correct client version, let's fix your problem. The problem is most likely, as I said, that your client is running on a "bad fork" of the Darkcoin block chain. This means that your local copy of the block-chain on your PC is probably corrupted/invalid. To fix this, we're going to totally wipe the slate clean and re-sync with the network. Please follow these steps:

1) Navigate to your Darkcoin data directory. By default (for Windows) this directory can be found in your AppData folder in the Roaming directory. On my PC, for example, the path is as follows:
C:\Users\DRKLord\AppData\Roaming\DarkCoin

You can easily find your directory by opening a fresh Windows Explorer window and typing this into the address bar and pressing the Enter key:
%AppData%\Darkcoin
2) Now that you've found your Darkcoin data directory, let's make a back-up copy of it just to be on the safe side. Copy either the entire AppData\Darkcoin folder or copy everything inside of it and paste it to a safe and easily accessible location in your file system. For example, make a new folder on your Desktop named "Darkcoin Data Backup" and paste the copy there for safe-keeping.

NOTE: It's also a good idea, at this point, to make an extra back-up of your wallet file. Copy your wallet.dat file (found in your data directory) onto a spare USB flash drive and save another copy in a safe place on your hard-drive where you can find it in the future if you ever need it.
3) Now that we've got a back-up of our entire data directory and your wallet file, proceed by deleting all of the contents of your AppData\Darkcoin directory except for the wallet.dat file. Yes, everything, except your wallet.

4) After deleting all of the contents of the data directory, leaving only the wallet.dat file, you should now launch your Darkcoin-qt client.

5) Your client should launch, connect to the network and begin the process of downloading the correct version of the blockchain and resynchronizing with the rest of the network. This may take several hours or more, so be patient.

6) Once you've done all of this, report back here and let me know how it went! :)

Good luck!

The DRK Lord

Back