• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

If you're not on this chain, please reindex. I'll watch it this time and see if anything wierd happens, we might just not have enough hashpower.

getblockhash 89354

0000000e61467909da94761e656415db29dd6e140a04d07f3642a1a6c0e151fb

I will update and check when I get home from work. Quick question, is there anything else besides peers.dat that we should be deleting before updating? This data folder has a few new entries to keep track of... :smile:

Sorry so late, had a bunch of stuff come up, but reindex took care of everything

But the windows one fell off, so I'll reindex it as well. BTW, it haddn't been reindexed yet.

Having trouble with my windows, but my linux boxes say this:

"version" : 120028,
"protocolversion" : 70096,
"walletversion" : 61000,
"balance" : 1264.72686988,
"darksend_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 89438,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 79,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.03990090,
"testnet" : true,
"keypoololdest" : 1437525664,
"keypoolsize" : 1001,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00010000,
"errors" : ""

is that right?

The linux servers for some reason, are no longer running masternodes, and they say not capable. But when I checked them a while ago, they were on. So I've restarted my nodes.

Woooh, now it says "Node just started, not yet activated" (after restarting dashd) and I've never seen that one before (masternode debug)

Ok, now they've turned on.

And finally, my windows wallet resync'd and masternode started automatically. I'll see in the morning if it stuck :)

Finally, I have 4 cpus mining.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're not on this chain, please reindex. I'll watch it this time and see if anything wierd happens, we might just not have enough hashpower.

getblockhash 89354

0000000e61467909da94761e656415db29dd6e140a04d07f3642a1a6c0e151fb

v0.12.0.28 : syncing from scratch, no problem during syncing (in the past i had to use bootstrap to get past certain blocks, with current version no problems during sync).
Block 89354 matches your mentioned hash in my wallets so its on the correct chain..

- i have noticed the masternode count in debug console now shows three categories x / x / x and after a good sync they all match the exact number of masternodes so i assume
thats implemented to keep the masternode network up to date with regards to : number of masternodes it connects to / number of masternode it sees / number of masternodes from a list ?

- now that we have the core parts up and running (meaning the sporks that have all been activated and enforced) maybe its a good time to check on the collateral payments
we receive during mixing, is it still a high number of collateral payments we receive and does it need adjusting or is it acceptable at this point?
I will do some mixing to see how many i will receive...

- maybe its also a good idea to make a list of action points that still need looking into and may have been overlooked during the focus of getting core parts of update version 12
up and running..

v0.12.0.28 : syncing from scratch, no problem during syncing (in the past i had to use bootstrap to get past certain blocks, with current version no problems during sync).
Block 89354 matches your mentioned hash in my wallets so its on the correct chain..

- i have noticed the masternode count in debug console now shows three categories x / x / x and after a good sync they all match the exact number of masternodes so i assume
thats implemented to keep the masternode network up to date with regards to : number of masternodes it connects to / number of masternode it sees / number of masternodes from a list ?

- now that we have the core parts up and running (meaning the sporks that have all been activated and enforced) maybe its a good time to check on the collateral payments
we receive during mixing, is it still a high number of collateral payments we receive and does it need adjusting or is it acceptable at this point?
I will do some mixing to see how many i will receive...

- maybe its also a good idea to make a list of action points that still need looking into and may have been overlooked during the focus of getting core parts of update version 12
up and running..

- "DS compatible / Enabled (legit for payments) / Total" - I'll make it more descriptive on that screen (smth like this).
And to save some time... :)
"Why DS compatible and Enabled are different?" - "Because in v12 we are able to pay to multiple versions of MNs but you can mix only on compatible ones. That also should give you a mixing security overview - in general, the more MNs are compatible with your wallet the safer it is to mix".

- mixing is fine imo

- translations and other UI cleanups I guess. AjM is holding the list there https://dashtalk.org/threads/enhanced-darkcoin-wallet-ui.1705/page-25#post-58570 :)

- "DS compatible / Enabled (legit for payments) / Total" - I'll make it more descriptive on that screen (smth like this).
And to save some time... :)
"Why DS compatible and Enabled are different?" - "Because in v12 we are able to pay to multiple versions of MNs but you can mix only on compatible ones. That also should give you a mixing security overview - in general, the more MNs are compatible with your wallet the safer it is to mix".

- mixing is fine imo

- translations and other UI cleanups I guess. AjM is holding the list there https://dashtalk.org/threads/enhanced-darkcoin-wallet-ui.1705/page-25#post-58570 :)
I can add to my list more GUI bugs if someone wishes so.
Atlassian -> JIRA is unusable now because the is no correct project and issue type when you try create new issue.

damn, all my 4 windows wallets stopped syncing at block 89499 during Darksend mixing and are also dropping connections.. i will do a -reindex & -zapwallettxes
(and delete peers.dat & mncache.dat)

damn, all my 4 windows wallets stopped syncing at block 89499 during Darksend mixing and are also dropping connections.. i will do a -reindex & -zapwallettxes
(and delete peers.dat & mncache.dat)
On block=89544 , mixing,IX and masternode have no problems here.
(I kicked up the hash speed a notch is might help)

I can add to my list more GUI bugs if someone wishes so.
Atlassian -> JIRA is unusable now because the is no correct project and issue type when you try create new issue.

There is only a placeholder project, and for a reason. I asked Evan and other devs when we should transition to JIRA for development, and the response was to wait for v12 to be released first. It is normal that at the moment issues cannot be created for the DASH project in JIRA.

In the meantime, please use whatever tools were used up till now.

There is only a placeholder project, and for a reason. I asked Evan and other devs when we should transition to JIRA for development, and the response was to wait for v12 to be released first. It is normal that at the moment issues cannot be created for the DASH project in JIRA.

In the meantime, please use whatever tools were used up till now.
Yep, please use https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues until further notice :)

I am a bit surprised to have not noticed this service by myself. Granted, I've been a bit away from the forums as of late. Mind linking me to his service? I'd like to check it out, it's the second time this week I've heard of scratchy - don't think I even recognise his handle. Is he new around here? Great to see new guys enter the scene and gain community respect!

Im not really new, but not that active in forums.

That's what i heard, that the service is a bit flaky. But BIG UP to him for running a free service (for the time being)!
Thats the reason why its currently absolute free. The way the cloud is running came me on night and thought it would be a nice approach.
But there are a lot of complications i have to fix until its getting really stable :)

Anyways the main-net seems pretty stable. Im running own nodes and they are running for about 3 weeks.

GUI bug.

On Ubuntu 15 I'm running 2 wallets with windowtitle=.... When I focus on the second created wallet, the top bar still displays the title of wallet 1. Menus point to wallet 2, but the title is contradictory.

XA9KnE7.png

GUI bug.

On Ubuntu 15 I'm running 2 wallets with windowtitle=.... When I focus on the second created wallet, the top bar still displays the title of wallet 1. Menus point to wallet 2, but the title is contradictory.

XA9KnE7.png

The top bar of Ubuntu (more precise, the Unity desktop) has all kinds of hickups together with Qt. Ubuntus with other desktops like LinuxMint/XUbuntu/etc. don't have those issues.

I'm not sure if I can work around this at all, but I'll have a closer look next week.

Back