• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding Followup

Maybe my post was not noticed by a lot of people so let me try again.

What do you guys think of SPARC, SPARC Pay or something along those lines? (Secure Private Anonymous Revolutionary Currency/Cash)
Does it sound good or stupid to you guys?

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS USE ALL CAPS WITH LOTS OF ITALICS AND UNDERLINE.

You are sure to win any argument with that case.:what:

With that being said,

DASH here we come. It's here. Get used to it!

That's very productive.

Now, I'm going to be equally productive. Your suggestion sucks. See how that works?

I, among many others, had nothing to do with the naming idea DASH, and I still support it 100%.

Let me be productive then. You're a dweeb. And the only thing you have contributed to this discussion is repeating the same "Dash! It's digital cash!" bullshit over and over again. The only thing I want is for people to stop for a second and actually work on alternatives.

Maybe my post was not noticed by a lot of people so let me try again.

What do you guys think of SPARC, SPARC Pay or something along those lines? (Secure Private Anonymous Revolutionary Currency/Cash)
Does it sound good or stupid to you guys?

SPARC is already way better than Dash. It has a nicer feel to it, sharper and stronger. Feels like it belongs more among other good names like Ripple etc. The acronym could be worked on I guess. Although a quick google search reveals lots of people using SPARC for different reasons.

Let me be productive then. You're a dweeb. And the only thing you have contributed to this discussion is repeating the same "Dash! It's digital cash!" bullshit over and over again.
You know your argument is running out of steam when you resort to slander and baseless personal attacks. My friends think I'm quite cool!

We don't need an amazing name? Are you completely insane?

AIwFHwn.png

This is from the PDF I linked above from a company which specialize in creating brand names. You do this rebrand ONCE and you get something that sticks. That's not done in a few pages of posts, half of which are people saying they either hate or like "Dash.

DASH is sterile and neutral and businesslike and boring enough to be liked by adults, which makes it good imo. Just reflects how DRK has matured.

But if we want something "cool", then why not:
dizzle-logo-350x150.png

Here I made my Pollar mashup (even using the D people like), it's more fun to say imo and sounds more powerful, yet it's not necessarily the right thing.

Sorry - it is hard for me to explain complex things in English, but let me try:

Evan and team are going to make something really new, even great! Here is no anything similar on the planet yet…
We really need neutral word - so it will be easy to fill it with NEW meaning! All names with strong existing meaning (especially «dollar» and such stuff) may harm this target.

When you sell toys - you need a kiddy name, when you sell a food - you need a yummy name.
But when you create something revolutionary - you need «empty» name. Except may be «cash» name (because it’ll help to explain complex term «private cryptocurrency»).
May be not "DASH" - but with same principal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to chime in here shortly: I think the reasoning for Dash is sound (i.e. it's generic and can be filled with meaning as the project evolves). So while waiting for the legal issues to clear up, the best we can do is to think of a plan b in case we need one. So here's an idea for an equally nondescript name:

Pulse.

It isn't a clever acronym that contains a mission statement (which is a really geeky thing to do imo), just some simple term that also works as a verb. Like an apple, it's something familiar, with connotations of healthy (or even essential for life). It also contains slight allusions to network (and how everything works together as one).

The explanation may sound a bit new age, but it's just to try and get the point across. The features/mission statement (digital, anonymous, instant or whatever) can just be added as a subline. No need to burden the name with it.

DASH is sterile and neutral and businesslike and boring enough to be liked by adults, which makes it good imo. Just reflects how DRK has matured.

But if we want something "cool", then why not:
dizzle-logo-350x150.png

Not sure if serious. Boring enough to be liked by adults is a dumb thing to say. Mastercard is used by millions (billions?) and while being pretty generic, it also could never be considered weak or bland.

Let me be productive then. You're a dweeb. And the only thing you have contributed to this discussion is repeating the same "Dash! It's digital cash!" bullshit over and over again. The only thing I want is for people to stop for a second and actually work on alternatives.

SPARC is already way better than Dash. It has a nicer feel to it, sharper and stronger. Feels like it belongs more among other good names like Ripple etc. The acronym could be worked on I guess. Although a quick google search reveals lots of people using SPARC for different reasons.

Thank you for the reply. It seems that other usages are a computer architecture, some sparc servers for Oracle and a scholar publishing and academic coalition. All those are in a different subject from us. Can they be a real threat to a digital currency that has the same name?

I'd like to chime in here shortly: I think the reasoning for Dash is sound (i.e. it's generic and can be filled with meaning as the project evolves). So while waiting for the legal issues to clear up, the best we can do is to think of a plan b in case we need one. So here's an idea for an equally nondescript name:

Pulse.

It isn't a clever acronym that contains a mission statement (which is a really geeky thing to do imo), just some simple term that also works as a verb. Like an apple, it's something familiar, with connotations of healthy (or even essential for life). It also contains slight allusions to network (and how everything works together as one).

The explanation may sound a bit new age, but it's just to try and get the point across. The features/mission statement (digital, anonymous, instant or whatever) can just be added as a subline. No need to burden the name with it.

There we go, now ideas are flowing a bit more. It's simple, it evokes emotion, it's not bland. Money is the pulse of life blabla whatever you want to come up with. Here's a logo.

eQBA8Fo.png

Not sure if serious. Boring enough to be liked by adults is a dumb thing to say. Mastercard is used by millions (billions?) and while being pretty generic, it also could never be considered weak or bland.
Don't look now, but you may have switched sides, as this is a perfect argument to go with DASH. It will be used by billions, because WE define it.

You know your argument is running out of steam when you resort to slander and baseless personal attacks. My friends think I'm quite cool!

The argument is "Let's think of alternatives" - There's nothing else to talk about. You're holding on like you've struck gold with Dash but in reality you've found a shiny rock.

Baseless personal attacks? youtube.com/watch?v=ooQ3hkneWis#t=5m18s - How are you not a dweeb?

Don't look now, but you may have switched sides, as this is a perfect argument to go with DASH. It will be used by billions, because WE define it.

Mastercard is a great name to start, that makes it easier to build the brand. It's the perfect argument against having to do extra work because the community chose a bad name to start with.

Just throwing this back out there for anyone who missed it and might be interested in entertaining InstantX as the new branding.

I think InstantX would make a better brand name than Dash. The payment system could be called InstantX just like Visa or MasterCard and the units could be called dashes instead of dollars.

I like InstantX :cool:

I love InstantX

Hummmm.....InstantX is also an interesting choice...

Borrowing from earlier ideas, we could do something here that would solve another problem with Bitcoin: separating the Bitcoin currency from the Bitcoin transaction network. This dual usage of the name causes some confusion when explaining how Bitcoin works.

We could have DASH for the currency and InstantX for the transaction network.

first, i don't think the morse code is dumb, i think it's symbolic of the history or electronic communications and where we've come.

second, i kind of like InstantX as well, IX. "do you accept X? .. yah, do you accept IX here?"

Made acount just to post this.
I love InstantX. I love the idea of separating the network from the coin.
I don't like dash.
I love DRK but I think it will never reach full potential like this.

How come no one took the name Crypto? is it too generic? Good, then call them InstantX cryptos. How about that for a change?
I would buy some InstantX cryptos anyday.
Bye

We ARE competing with Western Union. InstantX could put them out of business.

Baseless personal attacks?
- How are you not a dweeb?
I see nothing here that would lead anyone to believe that I am not someone they would like to have a beer with! One day we will all get together when all of this is over for a drink. Seriously man, bury this personal vendetta you have against me, it's not healthy for this conversation.

I see nothing here that would lead anyone to believe that I am not someone they would like to have a beer with! One day we will all get together when all of this is over for a drink. Seriously man, bury this personal vendetta you have against me, it's not healthy for this conversation.

And the fish thinks the fish tank is their entire world. You have to be on the outside looking in to realise things are not the way they seem most of the time. Alternative names, let's find some because Dash can't be the end all solution. Pulse is already way better and the person who brought it up did that in a few seconds. Ripple is a common word but it conveys way more than Dash ever could. Put Dash aside for a few days and actually work on real alternatives, that's the vendetta I have against you.

Just throwing this back out there for anyone who missed it and might be interested in entertaining InstantX as the new branding.

I think InstantX would make a better brand name than Dash. The payment system could be called InstantX just like Visa or MasterCard and the units could be called dashes instead of dollars.

Because we are here, and honest sir stickrell took the effort to compile some of our opinions,
would someone be kind enough to also offer us a graphical preview of how InstantX would stand next to Visa or Mastercard?
I think that should put things into perspective

Remember, kids have had their X and Y and space generations, but currency has been the same as a concept for centuries. Time for the X generation of money.

Back