• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Forking Megathread

I think the network is starting to sort itself out, I'm no longer getting errors and can use "masternode count" and "masternode list" again. drk.mn needs to reindex as it looks like it's on the wrong chain.

Just took another screenshot of the network traffic:

upload_2015-1-22_11-57-34.png

It seems the network is not forking anymore but why does it still look so red?

Just took another screenshot of the network traffic:

View attachment 812

It seems the network is not forking anymore but why does it still look so red?

Can you explain what red and green colours mean? I have no clue what I am looking at but I would really like to know :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Green is data received to your QT and red is data transmitted from your QT.

You'd expect to see a lot of green when downloading the blockchain for example.

Green is data received to your QT and red is data transmitted from your QT.

You'd expect to see a lot of green when downloading the blockchain for example.
Hm... So it doesn't mean it's showing the current status of the whole network?
I thought Green is when the network is healthy and Red means there's trouble.

Hm... So it doesn't mean it's showing the current status of the whole network?
I thought Green is when the network is healthy and Red means there's trouble.
Nope, it's just downloads and uploads.

Barrr:grin: The darkcoin that got 'lost' going to bter have turned up in the wallet there, its never took nearly 24 hours before, would a wallet update on their behalf bring back the coins from a fork or poor network propagation perhaps?

Barrr:grin: The darkcoin that got 'lost' going to bter have turned up in the wallet there, its never took nearly 24 hours before, would a wallet update on their behalf bring back the coins from a fork or poor network propagation perhaps?
Hey, you're lucky it turned up there... I was so afraid many people were losing their DRKs to the abyss.. or dishonest exchanges...
IMHO, it's not a good idea to do transactions while the network is unstable, but how do we know when it's unstable.. :/

I do think I lost 100DRK in a transaction a few days ago. I wonder if it'll turn up at destination or back in my wallet...

EDIT: No, neither in wallet or at Directbet. Perhaps I was just mistaken.

I do think I lost 100DRK in a transaction a few days ago. I wonder if it'll turn up at destination or back in my wallet...
Hope you get it back, I even got 10 darkcoin back once that had been transfered to the Xcoin addy by mistake(and ages after). Can you work out it out in chainz explorer? Talking of mislaid coins, in the heat of moment I transfered a bitcoin to an exchange and forgot to pay the charge and now its stuck unconfirmed forever in blockchain.info, I am trying to re broadcast it to the miners using a none fee paying node called Eligius as an addnode, I suppose it should come back eventually, well hopefully :(:)

So is this resolved now? Has the fork been unforked? I've been away from a computer for most of the evening and can't see any info on what happened and what we should do.

In light of this I think I'm just going to go to bed and not get out until I feel it is safe again to do so.

So is this resolved now? Has the fork been unforked? I've been away from a computer for most of the evening and can't see any info on what happened and what we should do.

In light of this I think I'm just going to go to bed and not get out until I feel it is safe again to do so.

Seems like there is only one chain with roughly 100GH/s. Although the cause of the fork is unknown. No update from a developer as of yet.

Seems like there is only one chain with roughly 100GH/s. Although the cause of the fork is unknown. No update from a developer as of yet.

Cheers. Sounds like things are mostly back to normal then. My masternodes have stayed up for longer than they have managed in recent days so far.

Hopefully the devs are busy doing a proper post mortem.

This has been a mostly panic free fork. The price has been fairly stable. I think its a great sign of confidence in the coin and the team.

However, we need a strong response in terms of what, why and what will be done to prevent this kind of thing happening again.

Maybe this is something that needs/has to happen, like a surgery, to go from litecoin codebase to bitcoin codebase? ... A crypto anaesthesia before the surgery might help... lol j/k

Are we out of the woods yet, anybody know?

P2Pool Still have strage numbers. weird block numbers. Is it issue of people not upgrading to latest version?

It looks like something is wrong. pool finds blocks, but not being payed. Guess I'm not on the correct chain.

running v11. Done -reindex this morning.

My block number is correct: 207601.

Could it be that p2pools that forked are finding blocks and that shows on the "good" pools?

Nope....Bitcointalk was down :grin:
Out of dct almost nobody knew about the net issues ;) and as we are all supporters, the active users, there were not many dumping their coins. Yes the price stayed quite stable.
Wondering if tomorrow we will see bct back ot live.
I got even 3 payments today but after all my MNs went down though it would be impossible but from the other hand it is because the enforcment is off so the random payments are in game now.

Back