• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Darkcoin Foundation Is Open for Business

I thought what the hell, let the bastards come for me... as a registered gun owner in the UK I'm already on the hit list. :tongue:

eduffield : the foundation-site does not mention its privacy policy. Before I disclose my private address I'd like to know more about how this information is used, who can see it and so on.
You are right, that is an error on our side. We'll prepare something asap. Meanwhile, I'll give you the key points:
  • At the moment only Evan and I can see the info. In the future the other members of the board will get access to the website so they can start posting content. I'll see if we can limit access more, but I'm not completely sure if that is possible.
  • When signing up you are being included in a mailing list. We won't ever share that list with anybody and will only send emails once in a while.
  • The address and name are only requested because in order to gain our tax exemption with the state of Arizona and IRS we need to keep a list of members. This list is not provided to them proactively, but they can ask to check it in the future. Those data will never be used to anything else
+1 is an pseudonymous membership possible?
I dont want to see the DRK headquarters raped by the MI6 some day and suddenly the MOSSAD knocks at my door to "ask questions" ;)
We are not required to check the validity of the information provided.

To be honest, I was surprised that a potential Darkcoin Foundation Member is asked to provide all those sensitive information but Who said you have to give your real address, name, private email etc? ;)
We only asked for name and address to be tax exempt. Email is to be able to communicate with you and for you to log into the website. Darkcointalk username is to be able to give permits in the dedicated forum when we have it.

I'm really proud of you guys, congratulations! These are moments that will lead to a better world. I would be honoured to be a member, the only thing I would like to know more about is the conflict of interest clause and its implications. I'm not too sure where a source of conflict would arise from the 4 mission statements of the Darkcoin Foundation. Could you give us an example? My only real immediate concern with regards to this question is for the sustainable charity development I am creating… as long as that isn't a conflict I only see a benefit from coordinating our decentralized forces for maximum efficiency :)

I'm really proud of you guys, congratulations! These are moments that will lead to a better world. I would be honoured to be a member, the only thing I would like to know more about is the conflict of interest clause and its implications. I'm not too sure where a source of conflict would arise from the 4 mission statements of the Darkcoin Foundation. Could you give us an example? My only real immediate concern with regards to this question is for the sustainable charity development I am creating… as long as that isn't a conflict I only see a benefit from coordinating our decentralized forces for maximum efficiency :)

From: https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/about/conflict-of-interest-policy/
"The purpose of this conflict of interest policy is to protect the interests of The Darkcoin Foundation, Inc. (the “Corporation”) when it is contemplating entering into a transaction or arrangement that might benefit the private interest of an officer or director of the Corporation."

It's about how Founders with access to the funds spend the Foundation money, not, I hope, about any one member like you or I having alternative interests. Because I have several hobbies that are frequently in conflict with my desire to buy more DRK. Eating, for instance.

The conflict of interest policy is there to avoid that any officer or board member of the foundation puts his/her interest before the one of the foundation. Imagine, for example, that I start an exchange. If the foundation were to select an exchange to use with its own funds, I should not take part on that decision because I obviously have a conflict of interest as I would probably favour mine over others, even if others were a better option.

Okay, I signed up.

Do I get a T-shirt?
From the announcement:

Neither class of members receives any perks, really, other than the right to vote for board directors (this may change when Darkcoin is on its way toward world domination). For now, it’s best to think of membership as an act of support.

Let's make it happen and t-shirts will follow. Unless Halle Berry gets to wear it, in which case I'll pay for it with my own money :)

From: https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/about/conflict-of-interest-policy/
"The purpose of this conflict of interest policy is to protect the interests of The Darkcoin Foundation, Inc. (the “Corporation”) when it is contemplating entering into a transaction or arrangement that might benefit the private interest of an officer or director of the Corporation."

It's about how Founders with access to the funds spend the Foundation money, not, I hope, about any one member like you or I having alternative interests. Because I have several hobbies that are frequently in conflict with my desire to buy more DRK. Eating, for instance.
Exactly, it doesn't affect regular members, only those who perform specific tasks for the foundation. But those tasks don't need to be related with access to the funds necessarily, it is more broad than that.

So awesome to see this taking shape!! Saw the announcement of the foundation a few months back and absolutely consider this to be a pivotal moment for Darkcoin -- proud to be a member :)

Exactly, it doesn't affect regular members, only those who perform specific tasks for the foundation. But those tasks don't need to be related with access to the funds necessarily, it is more broad than that.

Awesome. This is so exciting. I love the concept, signing up for a lifetime membership with the Darkcoin Foundation! :)

All my DRK is in cold storage. I'll join up when i have them online again. Exciting to see the progress and look forward to seeing what happens in the future!

Back