• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bitcoin Rush episode Thread

TaoOfSatoshi

Hello to all!

I have met, through the DTPI, a gentleman who runs the show "Bitcoin Rush". He is a wonderful, funny speaker and the team and I feel that it would be great to have him feature us on his show. This would not be our official promo video, so these fears can be put to rest....

Please click here to see an example of his work:

http://t.co/XLHAHlJxD1

This will be a great opportunity to help debunk the myths that surround Darkcoin, show off our superior technology, and promote Masternode ownership.

An episode of "Bitcoin Rush" usually lasts about 15 minutes, and is divided up into many smaller parts. However, for this episode, he has agreed to dedicate the whole episode to Darkcoin.

He usually asks for a $70-100 donation for his services, but we would take up the whole episode, so we offered him $300 in DRK and he accepted.

So, we need help to come up with content for the video, (images, creative snippets, and whatnot) and to crowdfund the $300.00 in DRK.

Use this thread to brainstorm possible ideas....

An added bonus, Evan has agreed to do an interview, or recorded monologue for the show!

The host of "Bitcoin Rush" will create an account here, post on this thread, and help us out as well!

Please submit ideas here. Looking forward to the community's creativity! Spread the word as well, Darkcoiners...

Tao Of Satoshi

---flare do you know who's the Mod right now? I need the thread title changed to "Bitcoin Rush Video Thread (Not the official Promo Video)"

Last edited by a moderator:
The 15min StoryBoard

1. - Introduction - (0.5 min)
2. - Brief History - (1 min)
3. - What is DRK - (1 min)
4. - Why Privacy is important (1.5 min)
5. - Evan Interview and/or statement - (2 min)
6. - What are MN's and why are they important - (2 min)
7. - Latest features and Release info - (3 min)
8. - What is InstantX and how it will Change Crypto - (2 min)
9. - Brief closing statement from Evan - (1.5 min)
10. - Conclusion - (0.5 min)

Exactly 15 mins

- - - - - - - DRAFT - - - - - - - TO BE REVISED - - - - - - - NOT FINAL - - - - - - - DRAFT - - - - - - -
Contributor's (in no particular order):
TanteStefana
MangledBlue

Camosoul

1. - Introduction - (0.5 min)
Darkcoin is a crypto currency based off of the more famous Bitcoin. For those familiar with Bitcoin, Darkcoin is built upon Bitcoin’s foundation and therefore it is easy to modify existing programs built for Bitcoin to service merchants, exchanges, wallets, etc... The new technology the Darkcoin developers have created has been built upon this foundation.

2. - Brief History - (1 min)
It has become increasingly clear to many that the current monetary system the world functions under is corrupt, unsustainable and so grossly manipulated by governments that it has caused the world economy extreme volatility. Many people have tried since the 1960s to create a monetary system that was not corruptible nor subject to counterfeiting. Many inventions from the past, going back to cryptography’s beginnings in WWII have contributed to the eventual creation of Bitcoin, but it was not until Satoshi Nakamoto combined cryptography, with a system of “mining”to create new coins, and a ledger called the blockchain that a true crypto currency was finally created. As the miners mine the coins, they are also verifying the blockchains integrity. If the blockchain is manipulated by someone, and more than 50% of the other miners disagree with the changes, then their input will be rejected. In this way, the blockchain is kept safe from false coins being introduced to the system or from coins being spent twice.

3. - What is DRK - (1 min)
Despite Bitcoin being so amazingly useful and secure, there has come to light a major issue. Privacy. Once a person spends their coins somewhere, that person’s identity can be attached to their account, and from there, one can trace all the coins in that person’s wallet since they were acquired and see where they were spent or how many coins are in their wallet or wallets. Especially with new services that can be used online, it is trivial to look inside of a person’s wallet and see what they’ve spent their money on. Even multiple accounts or wallets that belong to one person can be determined with relative certainty via analysis.

4. - Why Privacy is important (1.5 min)
Why is privacy important? In the United States of America, the right to privacy is spelled out in all 4 of the first 4 amendments to our constitution. It was obviously the first thing the founding fathers realized they missed when writing the constitution. Unlike other amendments that didn’t survive the test of time, these amendments have never been repealed. They make up our most basic freedoms. Glenn Greenwald recently did a TED talk entitled “Why privacy matters”. At it’s root, people do not act freely if they feel they are being watched. From pursuing your passion of collecting light bulbs, to enjoying that chocolate cake, if the powers that be looked down upon these perfectly legal activities, would you indulge in those activites freely when you know they could be recorded? You have nothing to hide! Or do you?

5. - Evan Interview and/or statement - (2 min)
Who are you and why did you become interested in crypto currency?
When did you realize you should make yet another alt coin?
Did you expect your alt coin to become so successful?
What do you see as the future of Darkcoin?

6. - What are MN's and why are they important - (2 min)
Masternodes are regular wallets, usually run as a basic command line daemon rather than the graphical interface most people use, but not always. They process DarkSend transactions. DarkSend is the name of the technology that obfuscates coins, making them fungible, or interchangeable and without individual identity like cash. What makes these nodes or wallets different is that they have access to and have put on hold, 1000 coins as collateral. This allows them to function at another level where they are entered onto a Masternode list and, if randomly chosen by the network via a voting system, this wallet will host the mixing process which obfuscates the history behind the coins. When being mixed, the mixing of the coins and the connection to the past of the coins is never recorded into the blockchain. In this way, although the identity of a coin is verified going in, what comes out is a coin of equal value that has a new identity, but you cannot tell which of the 3 coins (of the same value) got which new identity. It is possible for a rogue Masternode to record what happened, however, if the user chooses to mix the coins a multiple number of times, it becomes more and more impossible for any entity to follow the coins. Even if they hold 90% of the Masternode network, which is in itself an improbability due to the cost of making the nodes (1000 coins for each node) and how gaining enough nodes to control the network would inflate the price of the coins exponentially. This is a well thought out balancing act that can be adjusted over time if need be. - Happy MasterNode'ing

7. - Latest features and Release info - (3 min)
With DarkSend now functioning as intended, the Darkcoin team is now focusing on instant transactions. This new technology is being called instantX.
There have been many other proposals for the Masternode network. It could possibly be used as a TOR-like network which, with the masternode network being decentralized and secure, can be far more secure than current options for accessing the internet anonymously. (see why is privacy important above). Another issue that Masternodes may solve is creating a fully decentralized exchange, so that exchange failures, frauds and thefts can be a thing of the past. Current ideas include using exchange businesses to do the actually matching up of sells and buys, while the masternodes process the transfers that never leave the control of the wallet owner until the moment of exchange. This would use something like a multi-signature wallet.
Others have expressed interest in having Masternodes host a decentralized marketplace, and a p2p private messaging system is also enthusiastically being awaited.
It is becoming apparent that this masternode network Darkcoin created, due to it’s decentralization and security in redundancy, presents endless possibilities for future growth in the crypto coin environment.

8. - What is InstantX and how it will Change Crypto - (2 min)
InstantX? What is it? The developers are now giving the Masternodes the tools to verify, beyond doubt, that a transaction is valid, which only takes a handful of seconds, instead of waiting for miners to find a block, which takes an average of 2.5 minutes. If any transaction should turn out to be unverifiable, the transaction will be held until it can be verified by the mining process which acts as a backup. This should only be a rare occurrence. If this process proves to be extremely reliable, there is a possibility that finding mining blocks might be extended to only once an hour or a few per day, reducing the size of the blockchain, and keeping blockchain bloat under control.
The bloated blockchain is always a problem, because wallets are required to download and store what becomes a massive file. Currently, the Bitcoin blockchain is closing in on 24 gigabytes. That’s a lot of hard drive space every single wallet user must maintain. Otherwise, a user must rely on a single blockchain host and a specialty wallet. This is usually fine, however it creates centralization and a possible point of failure. Masternodes, on the other hand, could also host the blockchain for lightweight wallets. And being a part of a large network whose blockchains are constantly being checked, does not create a single point of failure. So once again, longer block times equals a smaller blockchain and masternode network can keep the blockchain decentralized while serving it up to lightweight wallet holders without possibility of compromise.

9. - Brief closing statement from Evan - (1.5 min)
Whatever he would like to say.

10. - Conclusion - (0.5 min)
Since the early, reckless beginnings of Darkcoin, Evan Duffield’s passion for finance and programming has pushed it to the extreme forefront of alternate crypto currencies. In fact, no other coin currently functions in the realm of privacy as securely and as well as Darkcoin. The coin’s functionality and code have already been peer reviewed by Kristov Atlas, who’s few concerns have been addressed and corrected already and nearly all the kinks that required hard forks (probably the most hard forks of any coin) are in almost Darkcoin’s past now. Not only that, but the technology also created by Evan Duffield of the “spork” or soft-fork, has made forking the code much safer for the network. You can expect Darkcoin to continue on it’s sprint as the most innovative coin around, and the possibilities truly are endless. It may take a miracle for anyone to catch up with this team, and the Darkcoin team intends to keep that lead for the foreseeable future.

And remember, there's only one, true, DarkCoin. Join us, at, darkcoin.io

E PLURIBUS OBSCURUM - IN DRK WE TRUST​

Last edited:
To be honest I did not like the sample video - have found it a bit too annoying to watch. Even for those that find it acceptable to watch he draws too much attention to his style rather than content he presents.
This is a valid point. This is why I invited him to join the creation process. He could be asked to be a little more subdued...without taking too much away from his style.

I was thinking of a 5 minute info-mercial, with interviews from some of Darkcoin's leading project team members, explaining what Darkcoin is and what it means for the future...
This is a possible avenue, as Evan has already agreed to be interviewed...we have 15 minutes to fill with a variety of things...

To be honest I did not like the sample video - have found it a bit too annoying to watch. Even for those that find it acceptable to watch he draws too much attention to his style rather than content he presents.

The video will make good reference to facts about darkcoin.

I mean, it's better than any video we currently have explaining darkcoin.

BTW,

I would like to see the show start off with explaining why privacy is essential.

I think a segment should be dedicated to masternodes, explaining how they co-exist with mining, what they do and how much they pay out. (with relevant links to more info).

The rise and fall of the darkcoin price should be discussed, and any "theory's" debunked about rc3 on and on.

The plans for instantx... Which btw is an awesome name for it :p

There is so much to get out really...

I started off really hesitant, but now I'm thinking it has a lot of potential. It probably depends on the work we put in. I am imagining it would be really nice to have an animation tracking of a bitcoin purchase from address to address, followed by one of drk going 1 round or darksend mixing, then 2, 3 4 5 6 7 8 rounds. Could be an excellent chance to deliver a clear visual of it. And if we are going to crowd fund it, maybe we could also raise a little bit more to go to specific goals, like the animation mentioned above etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started off really hesitant, but now I'm thinking it has a lot of potential. It probably depends on the work we put in. I am imagining it would be really nice to have an animation tracking of a bitcoin purchase from address to address, followed by one of drk going 1 round or darksend mixing, then 2, 3 4 5 6 7 8 rounds. Could be an excellent chance to deliver a clear visual of it. And if we are going to crowd fund it, maybe we could also raise a little bit more to go to specific goals, like the animation mentioned above etc.
This is an excellent idea. Is there anyone who could pull this off?

I believe a 15 minute interview would definitely be much more interesting than a monologue of Evan for 15 !
Are we supposed to write the questions for Bitcoin Rush ?!
Are we going all out and promoting as much as we can , or are we keep this simple in a journalistic way ?!

Back