• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

Will there be a limit to how many masternodes can be run in one instance? I can't help but think it just makes it easier for someone to track what's going on (if a loop hole were found)

Will there be a limit to how many masternodes can be run in one instance? I can't help but think it just makes it easier for someone to track what's going on (if a loop hole were found)
You still need unique remote instances for each masternode. This just allows all the local wallets and configs to be in one file each instead of a pair for each masternode.

You still need unique remote instances for each masternode. This just allows all the local wallets and configs to be in one file each instead of a pair for each masternode.
Correct, "start-many" is just a convenience method. The architecture for masternodes does not change.

Hi, guys. Was the 0.10.15.13 binary compiled from the v0.10.15.13 branch or the master branch?

if(!darkSendSigner.IsVinAssociatedWithPubkey(vin, pubkey)) {
LogPrintf("dsee - Got mismatched pubkey and vin\n");
pfrom->Misbehaving(100);
return false;
}

This block of code above is missing in the v0.10.15.13 branch but it is in the master branch and v0.10.14.1 branch. Does it have any effect on the disconnect behavior we are seeing in masternodes in the past few days?

EDIT: This block of code is from src/main.cpp

I am curious though why recent blocks found by suchpool and wafflepool are being paid to RC3 masternodes, unknown, or unpaid according to drk.mn even though they are on onyx.

Yes, that's exactly the way it's working, there is now a 'masternode.conf' file with each line containing the masternode-n-addr and masternode-n-privkey.

Look at https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commit/f088a8f56d3908c140e2e92c65ac33c83783ade2 to get an idea of how it works :)

So to start 4 masternodes you'll need to have 4 addresses funded with 1000DRK in your wallet and the masternode.conf file containing 4 lines with masternodeaddr and masternodeprivkey for each MN - and then fire a "masternode start-many" command
Words can't describe how happy I am right now...

oblox just posted it some seconds before you :))
we still need miningpoolhub to be dark

oblox just posted it some seconds before you :))
we still need miningpoolhub to be dark
They will. They've been prompt at updating when I've messaged them, however, they haven't been on BCT in days so probably haven't seen it.

I am curious why the blocks above were paid how they were.

yes that is strange, the different versions but anyway suchpool paid them, Evan do you ready this?

Would just two wallets standing by with say 1000DRK in each of them be enough to get anonymisation flowing on mainnet? Or three, scripted to keep juggling amounts of DRK about? Such a sevice could maybe be provided to assist until DS usage became more prevalent?

Have you heard the Story of Alibaba and the 40 thieves? Open Sesame. :) We should try to relate Darkcoin to Treasure somehow, like Gold. Gold is anonymous but Cash Money isn't, Gold is heavy but Darkcoin isn't. It could help people who wouldn't necessarily reverberate with the word Darkcoin.

I am curious though why recent blocks found by suchpool and wafflepool are being paid to RC3 masternodes, unknown, or unpaid according to drk.mn even though they are on onyx.
It seems like but my node was also getting not_detected payment once with 0.10.15.13. Also, it seems that we cannot trust the monitoring nodes on poolhash or drk.mn. But, when pool hash shows that my masternode is completely inactive, it often goes from 1 to 0 in the grep result. sv02 from poolhash has a nl status now.

Back