• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Group announces first v19 chain halt

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
With great pleasure, Dash Core Group announces it's first v19 chain halt. I'm sure you will all join in celebrating this well thought out landmark victory in dash's history. Congratulations to everyone who helped make this happen.

Holy F

See :
Instead of Twitter, i rather see critically important announcements like these on dash.org/forum.
Or inform us both on Twitter and dash.org/forum. I now had to search for what OP was alluding to.

I would advice people to not make any Dash transactions right now or any CoinJoin mixing.
I can't remember witnessing a Dash Blockchain stall (not producing any blocks) on Dash Mainnet before, a first indeed ?

Last edited:
My posts on DashPay Reddit about this are getting deleted !!! Lets see if this one stays a little bit longer :

Knipsel.JPG

To see the stalled Dash blockchain for yourself : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/

Last edited:
We don't see anything in the modqueue on Dashpay Reddit, did you delete your posts?
No, of course not.

First one was a direct link post to the DashPay Twitter tweet of Sam. I think i also put a comment in there pointing to the dash.org/forum thread.
Second one was a normal post with links to the DashPay Twitter tweet, the Dash.org/forum thread and to the blockchain explorer to check the Dash blockchain stall.

Both posts disappeared after a minute or so.
No deletion from my side.

Maybe it was tripping over the links or edits ?

Update
: xkcd found them marked as spam and was able to restore them. Very strange, never happened to me before.

Last edited:
And it got removed again (all my DashPay Reddit posts of today) by Basilpop for consolidation purpose, eventhough my orginal DashPay Reddit post was older and pointing to the issue first. Whatever... at this point i am getting tired of using DashPay Reddit and the moderation taking place there .. automatic moderation (marking as spam) or manual moderation (Basilpop).

A fair case of moderation would have been to keep my orginal first DashPay Reddit with Sam's tweet (which is older then all the other posts about this topic) and delete the other two. This feels too much as supression of my DashPay Reddit posts right now and covering up that DashPay Reddit can mark posts as spam from well known Dash users and remove them, without valid cause.

I have decided to stop using DashPay Reddit because of what has been happening with my DashPay Reddit posts today.

Last edited:

Wu Blockchain reports that the Binance crypto exchange has temporarily suspended the distribution of DASH mining rewards.

Binance stated in an official blog post: "Due to the situation following the v19 activation of Dash Core, the Dash (DASH) network has temporarily paused the production of new blocks. As such, Binance Pool will temporarily suspend the distribution of DASH mining rewards until the network resumes block production. No further announcement will be posted."

@qwizzie I am sorry to see you leave the r/dashpay subreddit, the moderator u/basilpop just consolidated threads into one and reposted your comments there. Can you recover your account? It looks like it was deleted entirely.

@qwizzie I am sorry to see you leave the r/dashpay subreddit, the moderator u/basilpop just consolidated threads into one and reposted your comments there. Can you recover your account? It looks like it was deleted entirely.
Sorry, once an account is deleted its gone forever as i understand it. And i am okay with that.
I did not understand he would be reposting my comments in there, i just saw my posts deleted and something about consolidating to keep it visible.
But what done is done. If i ever feel a need to return to DashPay Reddit, i will create a new account.

On another topic : good that spork 23 (quorum pose) is disabled, as a lot of masternodes will be doing a reindex. At least no unnessary PoSe scoring.

Knipsel.JPG

So unfortunate and frustrating for you, it was not my intent to add to that, so now I feel bad that shit shook out the way it did, but yeah, if you want to return let me know because new accounts with low karma tend not be able to post at first either.

@Pasta

Should v19.1 not have been merged on top of the master branche in Github ?

Knipsel.JPG

Now sites like dashninja.pl won't be able to 'see' v19.1 as latest actual masternode version.

Knipsel.JPG

Also after updating to v19.1 and doing a reindex my debug.logs of some (maybe all) of my masternodes are getting bombarded with this error :
CActiveMasternodeManager::Init -- ERROR: Local address does not match the address from ProTx.
I think its actually inflating the size of my debug.logs
And i dont think any of my masternodes got past the masternode_sync_blockchain (1) phase.

Update : decided to remove the blockchain and most of the .dat files on my masternodes, to see if that clears the error message and get those masternodes downloading from scratch and syncing correctly again. It seems to work.

Last edited:
With great pleasure, Dash Core Group announces it's first v19 chain halt. I'm sure you will all join in celebrating this well thought out landmark victory in dash's history. Congratulations to everyone who helped make this happen.

They are bloody bastards, all of them! We have warned them too many times, @GrandMasterDash, didnt we? Idiots! Completely idiots. The stupid masternodes got exactly what they deserved! Stupid masternodes, keep voting for DCG, keep voting for HPMN, keep voting for the dashplatform/Evo, and the fruits of your vote awaits you. But, can you vote now? Can you reverse your vote? No, you cannot, the chain halted, so voting is not possible! After entering the death spiral a long time ago, you are now reaching very close to the end of that spiral, where the irreversible and permanent death of dash is waiting you.
This is a pre-proposal that may be added to the budget system if it turns popular.
Let all the actors (MasterNodes, Miners, Stakeholders) to vote, then take into account only the Masternodes votes. Although the MNOs will obviously dont want to give their voting power to others, it is important for them to know what is the opinion of the rest actors for whatever issue. Everyone should be able to see what is the opinion of the masternodes on a issue, what is the opinion of the stakeholders and what is the opinion of the miners. So if there is a disagreement between the masternodes and the rest actors, this may make the masternodes to reconsider their vote. Or if there is convergence of views, this is a sign that everything goes well in the community. So the software should allow all the actors to vote, for information purposes, but then take into account only the MNOs votes. This is very important, because although the decision power will remain to the masternodes, the votes of all the actors will be recorded, and in the depth of times we will see which actor was the wisest one and deserves to decide.
So what do you think about it?
Stop believing that the masternodes are the best to decide because the core team said so. Stop taking the pills. Start knowing who deserves to decide. Let them all vote, let the masternodes decide, and let history to reveal who was right and who was wrong.

hqdefault.jpg

A simple tiny vote into the paradise tree, led the human race and the whole universe straight to hell. Vote is a very dangerous weapon, and who ever uses it unwisely, dies. Rightness is scarce, while stupidity is limitless and endless. So, never again dare to give voting power to proved idiots, that's the moral of the story.

Last edited:
I noticed there are now Windows binaries available for v19.1 on DashPay Github, so i downloaded one (after signature and SHA256 verification)
and updated my Windows wallet.

It is currently on block 1875092

Knipsel.JPG

It does come with a visual warning inside the wallet : unknown new rules activated (versionbit 8)
I assume this is related to the postponed v19 activation that Dash Core v19.1 brings with it.

Dash blockchain explorer that currently shows the correct block and which can be used to compare blocks with : https://insight.dash.org/insight/
(credits : xkcd)

Last edited:
I wonder when ChainLocks starts kicking in again, last ChainLocked block height : 1874879

Knipsel.JPG

More then 60% of the masternodes have currently updated to v19.1
Update status of miners unclear to me

Last edited:
They are bloody bastards, all of them! We have warned them too many times, @GrandMasterDash, didnt we? Idiots! Completely idiots. The stupid masternodes got exactly what they deserved! Stupid masternodes, keep voting for DCG, keep voting for HPMN, keep voting for the dashplatform/Evo, and the fruits of your vote awaits you. But, can you vote now? Can you reverse your vote? No, you cannot, the chain halted, so voting is not possible! After entering the death spiral a long time ago, you are now reaching very close to the end of that spiral, where the irreversible and permanent death of dash is waiting you.

hqdefault.jpg

A simple tiny vote into the paradise tree, led the human race and the whole universe straight to hell. Vote is a very dangerous weapon, and who ever uses it unwisely, dies. Rightness is scarce, while stupidity is limitless and endless. So, never again dare to give voting power to proved idiots, that's the moral of the story.

Yes we sure did.

Beyond my disdain for HCMNs, the driving factor for me rejecting HCMNs - which I made perfectly clear - was that DCG was introducing too much risk. But everyone rejected it, said it was all going to be okay.

Well look at the fucking mess they made.

Until now, dash could proudly say, not only is it an OG but operated 24/7 without any downtime. No chain halts, ever. Thanks DCG for taking that away from dash. Hope you are proud of yourselves, though I know you will never fully admit and carry the weight of your errors. You will call it the price of progress or claim no one lost money, some pathetic attempt to ignore the reputational damage you have caused that will regurgitate for years.

Back