• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Should Platform run on all nodes or should Platform run only on High Performance nodes ?

This is not the topic for this thread. I have a feeling when I respond we will go offtopic. I'll respond very succinctly here. If though you want to continue the conversation about it I would suggest making a new thread dedicated to the topic.

We need to start by having a common understanding of what censorship means. According to the dictionary it is defined as to "examine officially and suppress unacceptable parts of it." According to that definition at launch there will be no censorship. Why? Because we are limiting sizes on Dash Platform to things really very small in order to push this problem to a future release. There is no examination of content so there is no censorship, but the goal of suppression of undesirable content is somewhat achieved.

An illegal content can fit in a chain of small binary objects. You do nothing when limiting sizes, you just make it easier for the illegal content to hide.

Thoughts have been put into place on how to deal with these issues. The conceptual way of how we can deal with this problem is that we create 3 piles of types of content. The first is content that everyone must host, the second is content that everyone can host, and the third is content that no one can host.

Until we have the type of PoSe that we defined in other posts (that has never been done in blockchain) the feature presented here is not possible.

We will ask the network to vote on the types of content it wants to put in each category, it may well vote that all data must be available in every category. However if that is the case I think many would resign including myself.

Can content still be encrypted before uploading to Platform in that conceptual way of dealing with content ? Or is encryption impossible then ?

Last edited:
Can content still be encrypted before uploading to Platform in that conceptual way of dealing with content ? Or is encryption impossible then ?
Encryption of any data is of course possible, but then the only people seeing the content are those with the decryption key.

If the question is if encryption can be used to allow people to offer the categories as mentioned above then no it will not make a difference, because you would be forced to give the decryption key to anyone wanting to see the content.

Once again other thread guys!

Yes...this is the correct thing you should do. Resign, and come back as anonymous.
Welcome to the club.

I would not be coming back, I would not want to be part of anything that could be used to exploit or hurt people. The goal of Platform is to advance society not bring forward the worst elements of it.

I wonder if having encryption active by default on Platform (like Iphone's have active encryption on their storage data), would avoid a lot of problems for Dash.

Edit : last comment of mine on this. It is an interesting topic though.

Last edited:
I wonder if having encryption active by default on Platform (like Iphone's have active encryption on their storage data), would avoid a lot of problems for Dash.

Edit : last comment of mine on this. It is an interesting topic though.
This is not possible, blanket encryption is not possible in decentralized systems like it is in a centralized system (your phone).

We will ask the network to vote on the types of content it wants to put in each category, it may well vote that all data must be available in every category.

Before you do this please consult legal council. I imagine explicitly welcoming specific content is different legally than welcoming all content. It could be a situation where you open the network up to liability.

The network that votes on those three types of content on Platform, are those Platform network masternodes (4K HPM's or 10K HPM's) or all masternodes ?
My thoughts on the topic are just not mature enough to answer this, I would have to think about it.

I will not be responding any more on this topic in this thread as to not derail the main conversation.

Encryption of any data is of course possible, but then the only people seeing the content are those with the decryption key.

If the question is if encryption can be used to allow people to offer the categories as mentioned above then no , it will not make a difference, because you would be forced to give the decryption key to anyone wanting to see the content.

You can use a cryptographic protocol in order to reveal the decryption key, without revealing neither the one who reveals the decryption key nor the one who gets the information of the decryption key.
@virgile the cryptographer, can help on it, cant he?

Last edited:
I would not be coming back, I would not want to be part of anything that could be used to exploit or hurt people. The goal of Platform is to advance society not bring forward the worst elements of it.
You are already part of everything that could be used to exploit or hurt people. And you will come back, while ensuring you will not. This is the protocol everyone follows.

You will come back maybe because deeply inside you you like people to be hurted and exploited, or maybe because you want to discover whatever exploits or hurt people and smash it. But you will come back. As anonymous this time. Because if you come back as eponymous who likes people to be hurted and exploited you will be smashed. And if you come back as eponymous who wants to discover the bad and smash it then the bad will avoid you and you will never discover it.

Finally if you dont come back while knowing that there is something used to exploit or hurt people, if you really dont care to discover it and smash it, then deeply inside you you accept as normality that people may be hurted or exploited. In that case, in the first place, why did you left ? You left because you do not accept it, and now, with you attitude of not coming back, you accept it. Are you insane?

I hope that you are not insane, and that you understand what I have just said. So welcome to the club.

Last edited:
Back