• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashNexus update: “Which Dash crypto proposals are passing?”

DashNexus answers “Which Dash crypto proposals are passing?” with a stealth launched Leaderboard, outlines a short term roadmap, and adds @Chuck Williams to the team. PLEASE Send FEEDBACK To Dash Nation discord #dash-nexus channel!

DashNexus, a Dash treasury funded project whose goal is to improve the governance experience for Masternode Owners, and Proposal Owners, launched a new “Proposal Leaderboard” for the Dash community this past Friday, July 20th. This allowed nine days (now four as of this writing) to peruse the new proposal summary layout before the next Dash budget cycle voting deadline.

If you’re familiar with dashvotetracker.com, the DashNexus Leaderboard is being released as an initial deliverable as an improvement to that valuable community resource, which has served us all so well.

Like dashvotetracker.com, the leaderboard provides a net-positive-vote sorted view of the latest proposals to the Dash Masternode network. The Dash community and Masternode owners use these to review the governance system’s overall proposal status. The most important value-add here is that we’ve coded in the same rules around the ultimate funding decisions that are found in Sentinel, as well as tool-tips and visuals which will serve to help explain edge cases to the uninitiated.

@ericsammons (owner/operator of dashvotetracker.com) said “...The DashNexus leaderboard looks great! Much better interface than my vote tracker…” in the Dash Nation Discord, moments after launch links were shared in the #dash-talk channel.

The roadmap for the coming weeks includes:
  • leverage the Progressive Web App technology to deliver Desktop & Mobile functionality simultaneously (save the web page to your mobile desktop!) and deliver an application that works offline/online and even supports native notifications. (and we don’t have to worry about App Store approvals!)
  • 3 main views & data visualizations that bring best value & resource to Proposal Owners and Masternode Owners
I’ll be learning & sharing much more as I dig into the application backlog . I’m looking forward to participating in this exciting & necessary project as it grows with the Dash community!

If you have any questions or comments, just tag @Chuck Williams , @jeffh, or @yuribear here and in the Dash Nation #dash-nexus channel!

@ericsammons (owner/operator of dashvotetracker.com) said “...The DashNexus leaderboard looks great! Much better interface than my vote tracker…” in the Dash Nation Discord, moments after launch links were shared in the #dash-talk channel.

I dont think @ericsammons is right.
The user interface of dashnexus may or may not be better than dashvotetracker (this is a matter of personal taste), but the quality of the information that is presented is not.
Dashvotetracker has the vote history, which is a unique and essential information . Dashnexus as currenty presented, repeats the same info that can be found everywhere.

I dont think @ericsammons is right.
The user interface of dashnexus may or may not be better than dashvotetracker (this is a matter of personal taste), but the quality of the information that is presented is not.
Dashvotetracker has the vote history, which is a unique and essential information . Dashnexus as currenty presented, repeats the same info that can be found everywhere.
You're absolutely correct. This Leaderboard is merely a "teaser" that leverages the exact same data that is publicly presented.

What is being demonstrated here is NOT a "better dash vote tracker", but a demonstration of a better experience - which is the focus of DashNexus. Collecting & presenting Data & facts are "easy", but presenting information & meaning in a pleasing way is hard. *That* is the intent of this "teaser" release of demonstrated capability.

Hopefully as additional releases arrive you will resubmit your review.

Collecting & presenting Data & facts are "easy", but presenting information & meaning in a pleasing way is hard.

It is not easy to collect and present data.
Will you collect and present the vote history?
Will you collect and present which masternodes voted which proposals?
If not, then you dont want to present the data, ALL the data.
You want to hide some of the data, and be nice with a pleasant user interface.
The same google search engine does.
Google won the search engine war with its simplicity, and with the power the stupids gave to google, it enslaved all of us.

Last edited:
It is not easy to collect and present data.
Will you collect and present the vote history?
Yes. That is the plan (in a collapsible section of the layout), though enabling actual voting & additional views to evaluate existing proposals will precede updates to the Leaderboard.

I think we can take this as a request. It would be helpful to understand what question you're trying to answer by having easy visibility into voting records. Since there is no "elective representation" in this governance system - I'm curious what value this might have other than to target & socially assassinate active, voting MNO's who are working to support & fund the network by voting action and financial support.

If not, then you don't want to present the data, ALL the data.
You want to hide some of the data, and be nice with a pleasant user interface.
I don't think that the lack of presentation of certain data are evidence of intent to hide data. Your logic is a great example of a "questionable cause" fallacy. Demonstrated with the statement, "Every time I go to sleep, the sun goes down. Therefore, my going to sleep causes the sun to set."

You're saying "Every time someone tries to hide something, they omit data. Therefore, if they're omitting data, they're trying to hide something."

Which is fundamentally flawed.

You're saying "Every time someone tries to hide something, they omit data. Therefore, if they're omitting data, they're trying to hide something."
I am not saying this.
I am saying that you should present ALL data.
If you decide to discard some data, this is not fair.
If you promote some data in the foregroud, and hide some other data in the backgroud, this is also not fair.
You should let the viewer customize the data he wants to appear in his front page.
And your default front page that the non subscibed users can view, should be the data that the average user decided to promote.

I am not saying this.
I am saying that you should present ALL data.
If you decide to hide some data this is not fair.
Even if you promote some data, this is also not fair.
You should let the viewer customize the data he wants to appear in his front page.
And your default front page should be the data the average user decided to put.

The system will be backed by an API by which anyone (including you) will be able to customize any implementation they choose.

It might be helpful to understand how, exactly, you are judging "fairness". Is the whole internet unfair because only 1% of information available shows up in Google searches? Who decides how viewers get to "customize"? If we allow "wrong" customizations that fulfill EVERY ONE of *your possible criteria*, who pays the price if it's not found to be useful or valuable by the community? How do we know the "data the average user decided to put"?

ALL of those questions are direct results of user research. The result of which is an improved user experience, which you seemed to indicate is less valuable than completely customizable access to all available data (which I have NEVER SEEN SUCCESSFULLY IMPLEMENTED or USED). Maybe you have some examples of what you're describing?

Previously you stated that "it is not easy to collect and present data", and that the "...quality of information presented is not [better than dashvotetracker]..." It sounds to me like you're perfectly happy with dashvotetracker.com - and have no interest in supporting, but rather criticizing this project and it's efforts. I'll admit that don't know your history with successful data visualizations, but I assure I have been through many failures to learn what does not work. Too many customizations are confusing to average users, limiting utility, and statistically cause increases in drop-off and engagement rates.

If you'd like to be considered for beta testing &/or demos I would be happy to schedule with you. Otherwise, I would ask that you please refrain from criticizing something that doesn't exist yet.

Too many customizations are confusing to average users, limiting utility, and statistically cause increases in drop-off and engagement rates.
Thats true. You are right on this. Thats why you should allow level of users, and let the user to select what level of customisation he likes.
Naive user, average user, expert user e.t.c
Then create your default front page, as an average of the level of customization your users selected.
That way your default frontpage view for the unsubscribed readers, will be an indication for me, in order to judge the level of your users, and abstain from your dashnexus community in case your users are naive ones.

Last edited:
I am not used to request. I am used to demand.

What value this might have?
First of all, I want all individuals who own masternodes and do not vote at all, to lose their voting rights for a period of time (at minimun for the next budget cycle)
Then I want to target & socially assassinate all active, voting MNOs who vote in a stupid way. And at the same time to target & socially glorify all active, voting MNOs who vote in a clever way. The proof of individuality is essential, and the MNOs, alhough anonymous as real life persons, they should have a virtual social face here in the dash community and they should be accountable for their decisions.

Who are you to make demands? Did you vote for this project? If so, then I would consider you constituent.

However, you are not demonstrating understanding as to how investments, communities, voting, and societies function. Your motives appear to be selfish, emotionally driven, and do not appear in any way help anyone do anything except invoke drama, slander, and personal risk to investors & active community members.

The accountability factor for voting with a Masternode is embedded in the price action, and the longevity of the project. If you want to call out, expose, slander, and defame people for making decisions you are disproportionately favoring inactive voters (like NeptuneDash - a Toronto Masternode Holdings company) for their inaction. People are not here for that drama, people are here to make a meaningful difference to the world economy. World-changing economic network effect cannot be helped by such drama, in my opinion.

Historically, throughout the history of mankind, even, voting has been treated as an essentially anonymous act, and individuals who VOTE have never been under any societal obligation to expose their votes with the specific exception of when their votes are "representative" of other's intent, and affects the lives of individuals directly.

This is *not* made explicitly clear to MNO's at the outset - and I can guarantee you that the risk of personal exposure would cause a mass exodus of the most staked (wealthiest) individuals who are active in this project.

If you want to call out, expose, slander, and defame people for making decisions you are disproportionately favoring inactive voters (like NeptuneDash - a Toronto Masternode Holdings company) for their inaction.
Of course not.
As I said, first measure will be the inactive voters to lose their voting rights for a time period (at minimum for the next budget cycle). Then glorify or blame the active voters.

Last edited:
Historically, throughout the history of mankind, even, voting has been treated as an essentially anonymous act, and individuals who VOTE have never been under any societal obligation to expose their votes with the specific exception of when their votes are "representative" of other's intent, and affects the lives of individuals directly.
Secret voting traditionaly applies in voting for persons (representatives) rather than in voting directly for decisions. Furthermore, what I propose is for people to remain tottaly anonymous. I am talking about dash identities, not about real life identities. If someone has a bad reputation as a dash identity, he may abandon his dash identity and restart with a new identity (of course by doing this he loses all friends and delegates)

This is *not* made explicitly clear to MNO's at the outset - and I can guarantee you that the risk of personal exposure would cause a mass exodus of the most staked (wealthiest) individuals who are active in this project.
I would not like the richest people to be the members of the community. I would like the smartest. I dont care whether the rich leave or not. I care whether the free ones leave, and the slaves remain.

The more loyal or slaves you have, the more money you have. The money you own exists because people believe in it or because you force them to believe in it. If you have no loyal or no slaves, then whatever money you have is tottaly useless. In case you have loyal and faithful people your vote/opinion is what really counts and not your money. In case you have slaves, your power/force (against them) is what really counts and not your money. So money totally depends on someone's vote/opinion and on someone's power/force, and it is impossible to exist otherwise.

Many people are confused and they say that the more money someone has, the more voting power should have. If they are not forced to say this, they say it because they are loyal and faithful to the rich. Being faithful and loyal to the money object (and/or to the rich persons that hold it) without being forced, this is the ultimate stupidity.

Last edited:
Who are you to make demands? Did you vote for this project?
No I didnt vote for your project, because I am not an MNO. All I have is 1.5 dash. But let me explain to you what I mean by "I am not used to request. I am used to demand." (and by the way, where is this quote of mine that @Chuck Williams did reported ? Who deleted it, and for what reason?)

I pray. And I hope my pray to be a demand, and not a request. I hope my pray to be considered as a vote in the knowledge tree . And a vote is always considered as a demand, and not as a request. Of course this is risky. If my pray is considered as a real vote, of course I will be judged according my prays/votes, at the Day of Judgment.

"Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white vote, and on the vote a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it."
"For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
"On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and in your name did we not created/exercised many powers/forces?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."

Last edited:
@demo you do realize this is a single page of what will end up being a full-blown application, right?

To butcher a metaphor - you're judging a book by its foreword, not even by it's cover.

@demo you do realize this is a single page of what will end up being a full-blown application, right?

To butcher a metaphor - you're judging a book by its foreword, not even by it's cover.

You dont understand the BIG mistake the community does, when funding centralized closed source projects like dashnexus.org.

You should rather fund projects that are giving the appropriate open source tools which allow everyone to accumulate the voting data (that unfortunately are designed to be deleted in every budget cycle) in order to crosscheck whatever voting statistics appear in public. A centralized closed source site which presents voting statistics by doing sql queries into hidden and centralized databases, should have no credibility at all, IMHO.

If someone changes the aggregated voting data of this centralized database, he can influance your opinion and your point of view! The database should be able to be replicated and mirrored, and the code that is used to insert the data into the database should be open source, in order for other independant investigators to be able to check the code, then run it and crosscheck whether the same set of data enters into the database.

I wonder why nobody understands that simple truth. Are you blind? Everybody is watching the cheese. Dont you see the mousetrap?

Last edited:
I think this project is needed and the Visibility and Transparency of the data available is paramount. Almost doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on the most important thing is the data. People will always interpret data differently. But at least the numbers won't change and aren't hidden. I hope this comes to fruition soon.

Back