• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashBoost Official Launch

Hey @Pasta
This is my proposal.
I have only 1,5 dash, so if I give 1 dash as proposal fee I will not be able to vote in dashboost!
I am asking for 1 Dash in order to host mnowatch, and you want 1 dash as proposal fee!!
How is that possible?
Shouldnt the proposal fee be propotional to the amount I am asking?

Proposal Category: Technical
Funding Requested: 1.00000000 DASH
Payment Address: XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
Project Summary
My site (mnowatch) that was initally hosted in github was banned.
I would like to host mnowatch in a VPS server (for example in hostinger) so I am asking 1 dash from the community for that purpose.
Thank you.
Project Scope Statement
Project Purpose / Business Justification

The scope is to keep statistics of the way the masternode owners and operators vote in the budget system
Objectives (in business terms)
I will run my mnowatch script in crontab, then install a lamp server and upload the html files.
The benefits that this project provides is that the Dash community will be aware of the way the masternode operators vote.
This transparency in the governance of Dash will be an advantage over competitors of other governed cryptocurrencies.
Key Deliverables
1) Vps server.
2) crontab.
3) lamp server
Success Criteria
The project will be succesfull if the site is up and running, and hosts the html files that are created by the mnowatch script.
Voting
Yes: 0
No: 0
Abstain: 0
Net Votes: 0
Team Project manager
demo
Team members
everyone is welcome
StakeHolders
Everyone who is a masternode owner or operator.
Major Known Risks
In case I cannot find a vps server provider that accepts dash.
Communication Strategy
I will communicate here, in this thread.

Last edited:
@demo
In the case of proposals which are as small as yours you have a few options:
1. Put up the proposal for a total of 2 dash (1 dash requested, 1 dash fee)
2. Find the funds by some other means.

We have no plans to reduce the fee, or make it directly proportional to the amount requested in order to maximize quality.

We have no plans to reduce the fee, or make it directly proportional to the amount requested.
Dashboost was supposed to facilitate microproposals. So the proposal fee should be proportional to the total amount of the micro budget.

In the original dash budget system, the proposal fee is set to 5 dash and the budget is 6200 dash. So the fee is set to the 1/1240. If we use your rationale, and we set the proposal fee to the 1/40, the proposal fee in the original budget system of dash should be set to 155 dash!!!

Having set the proposal fee to the 1/40 in dashboost, this by no means facilitates micro proposals. If you insist in your wrong road, you have better rename your site from "dashboost" to "dashcrash"....:p:rolleyes:

Again, @demo, you seem to have quite flawed logic.

1. DashBoost has been clear from the start that the fee will be around one dash or lower, depending on the cycle.
2. This system was not designed for everyone to participate. It was designed to allow smaller budget proposals. DashBoost is not a charity. It is a competitive process for funding which allows more people to participate, due to the way it is setup. DashBoost already appears to suffer from a problem of voter apathy, meaning not enough people are voting to vet these smaller proposals. How do you predict this might change if the fee structure is readjusted to allow the tiniest of proposals? I'll tell you, virtually nobody will vote!
3. Your comparison between the DashBoost fee and the treasury's fee is completely irrelevant as the treasury has been designed to handle a lot more proposals then DashBoost is.
4. The fee must be sufficiently high to warrant the time spent vetting and voting, as well as an anti-spam and quality assurance feature.

If you disagree, that is fine. This is the way it will stay for now, unless I come upon information which changes my opinion, or I see community consensus about the (non)issue. And I'll save you a bit of time. Based on your prior postings, you won't be able to provide any information which will hold much merit and change my mind.

The biggest challenge I see with DashBoost is getting the word out about it and keeping it stocked with new Dash for every cycle.

I discovered it had some Dash to award and informed the Latam community.

I hope it continues having new Dash to award so that Dash Boost can play an important role in funding projects that are too small for the treasury, that are in that critical seed stage where they have a couple months or more of operation under their belts but aren't quite ready to ask for 20+ dash from the treasury.

Again, @demo, you seem to have quite flawed logic.

1. DashBoost has been clear from the start that the fee will be around one dash or lower, depending on the cycle.

This is a bad decision , and also a decision that suffers from centralization (because you decided that, and no one else).
Could you please point where you have said that the proposal fee in dashboost will be around one dash, and not lower?

I love this platform for micro proposals. It is a great initiative that we congratulate. It took me time to register my wallet (I had to do it by trial and error), the instructions are not clear so I recommend improving that section on the website.
Greetings and success!

The biggest challenge I see with DashBoost is getting the word out about it and keeping it stocked with new Dash for every cycle.

I discovered it had some Dash to award and informed the Latam community.

I hope it continues having new Dash to award so that Dash Boost can play an important role in funding projects that are too small for the treasury, that are in that critical seed stage where they have a couple months or more of operation under their belts but aren't quite ready to ask for 20+ dash from the treasury.
Thanks! I'm glad you appreciate the service. We will continue to advertise it on Reddit and other mediums. Hopefully word gets around well.

This is a bad decision , and also a decision that suffers from centralization (because you decided that, and no one else).
Could you please point where you have said that the proposal fee in dashboost will be around one dash, and not lower?
"1 Dash Proposal Submission fee" (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/gc-dash-boost). Since that is the statement which the MN network agreed to, we will follow by it unless community consensus is clearly shown.

I love this platform for micro proposals. It is a great initiative that we congratulate. It took me time to register my wallet (I had to do it by trial and error), the instructions are not clear so I recommend improving that section on the website.
Greetings and success!
Thanks for the feedback! I've shared this with my team and I'll try to get on that soon to put new text in for it.

Will there be another cycle soon? I am advising new Latam organizations that are not quite ready for the treasury but are beyond the DFN meetup prizes, and want to set their expectations appropriately.

Will there be another cycle soon? I am advising new Latam organizations that are not quite ready for the treasury but are beyond the DFN meetup prizes, and want to set their expectations appropriately.
We will do everything we can do get another cycle up as soon as possible. But if we will have the funds to, I do not yet know.

We are looking into it, but since the treasury is so tight, we are unsure how it would go.

We are looking into it, but since the treasury is so tight, we are unsure how it would go.

We could put out a call for seed projects. Package them up nicely for a treasury request together with your request for funds, show all of the options MNOs will have to choose from.

I will help with Latam, just let me know.

Just some thoughts:

I dont want to be stingy but Is there a way to limit "Meet Up" (aka Marketing) Proposals to a certain amount?
Prioritize a category like "integration" for more Dash?

Would love to hear what others think about this!

Cheers,
Albert

Back