• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What's Going on at Dash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dash Community,

In the spirit of radical transparency, today we begin sharing area updates from our bi-weekly management meetings. In this way, you can follow the evolution of our organization and decision-making, as well as our product development. We hope you use this information to hold us accountable to our plans, learn with us, and contribute to our growth as an open-source, not for profit, decentralized autonomous organization.

Of note, some elements are redacted, such as Business Development. We do not publicize ongoing activities with our partners. We will continue to announce partnerships through separate press releases.

Attachments

• Area Updates.pdf
    238 KB · Views: 653
This is a fantastic update and I'm encouraged to see Dash Core continuing to improve its communication during the last couple months.

Thanks so much for doing this, I really appreciate the efforts being put into communication recently from DCG. As both an investor and an enthusiast this is really good to see. Looking forward to the 12.3 release!

I see that there is a search for a new CTO. What is the deal with Andy? Is he leaving Dash or assuming a new position?

I see that there is a search for a new CTO. What is the deal with Andy? Is he leaving Dash or assuming a new position?

Last I heard he was going to be Chief Architect and the new CTO will help out with external activitties whilst Andy will be internal resource. Good move imo.

Also, I am happy to see Core finally getting their act together with respect to transparency and communication. It only took 2 years and for us to drop 9 places on Coinmarketcap. Stakeholder confidence is extremely important as if the price drops, then so does out treasury and so does our operating budget.

Secondly, I really think our PR strategy needs to be fixed - news being released on Friday nights so its burried and left behind in other news come Monday morning when people catch up. Also, when press releases come out we should be on Cointelegrap, Coindesk etc, not stupid obscure sites that nobody reads, this should be a priority to get us being noticed. At the moment news is released and nobody cares as nobody can get access to the news. Is this a problem with our PR partner (Waschman?) do we need to change companies. Either way this needs to be sorted before Evolution, just like the communication and transparency issue or nobody will know its even released!

Lastly @Alexander Chopan - these "Whats going on with Dash" updates need to be posted where people can access easier, not just on the forum. Be it on the dash.org website or every bi-weekly on the dash.org blog. Lets standardize and make things accessible and easier!!!

Last edited:
Lastly @Alexander Chopan - these "Whats going on with Dash" updates need to be posted where people can access easier, not just on the forum. Be it on the dash.org website or every bi-weekly on the dash.org blog. Lets standardize and make things accessible and easier!!!
+1. Let's not keep these beautiful update PDFs to ourselves, they may encourage others to join Dash Nation!

Hello Dash Community,

In the spirit of radical transparency, today we begin sharing area updates from our bi-weekly management meetings. In this way, you can follow the evolution of our organization and decision-making, as well as our product development. We hope you use this information to hold us accountable to our plans, learn with us, and contribute to our growth as an open-source, not for profit, decentralized autonomous organization.

Of note, some elements are redacted, such as Business Development. We do not publicize ongoing activities with our partners. We will continue to announce partnerships through separate press releases.

Where is @UdjinM6 in the report? Where is @codablock? The people who are proven to work, are not mentioned at all ...

Where are the references in your report? Why in the report there are no urls that point to the proof of your claims? Furthermore, nearby the faces mentioned in your report, you should inform us how much the Dash community pays for their salary (if any)...

This what I call transparency....But of course the stupid majority of this community likes (or tolerates) obscurity, thats why your message is up rated, and mine will be rated as troll and dump.

Last edited:
Neither @codablock nor @UdjinM6 operate on management level, so their reports are aggregated into the area of deputy CTO @nmarley, category "Core".

Is the management level of DASH designed to be mute or hidden? Because the only visible messages of @nmarley that can prove his management duties are these:

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/commits?author=nmarley
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues?q=author:nmarley+

How can you manage someone if you do not send messages to him? And how is it possible for a DAO to tolerate management through hidden and obscure messages, not visible to the members of the DAO? You should not call it DAO (Decentralized Autonomus Organization) in that case, you have better call it CMO (centralized managed organization).

Last edited:

Hi there,

I'm assuming the new position of Chief Architect. This is because i'm probably the person who spends most of their time on protocol design; internally improvements to the protocol follow our DIP process and many different devs are involved so I don't get a special pass to push anything through, we all have to agree.

The role of the new CTO position is mainly for managing delivery / execution now the team has scaled to quite a large size. This is the part I don't think i'm best suited for, although I took the role when Evan moved aside from Core to Dash Labs I think we can find someone much better suited to that now, and I can focus on L2 coding and any remaining design tasks for Evolution that come up which is what i've been doing for the last 2 months.

This will streamline our execution and delivery now we're at a larger size and there's some candidates in the pipeline. Right now, Nathan is doing a great job of the CTO role actually (better than me) :)

best
Andy

This awesome work, from the Dash core group. Only downside I see is that people mistakenly look at Dash as if where an EVIL CENTRALIZED Company, especially now that we are starting to look and behave more and more professionally. We all and I do mean ALL of community to keep explaining that Dash is a DAO, and everything that comes with it. This counts double for MNO's. These efforts are allot cheaper more needed than voting for all those expensive marking campaign's. For example Ripple just donated almost 30mil but got very little goodwill from it.

I am happy to see Core finally getting their act together with respect to transparency and communication. It only took 2 years and for us to drop 9 places on Coinmarketcap. Stakeholder confidence is extremely important as if the price drops, then so does out treasury and so does our operating budget.

...when press releases come out we should be on Cointelegrap[h], Coindesk etc, not stupid obscure sites that nobody reads, ... news is released and nobody cares as nobody can get access to the news ... this needs to be sorted before Evolution, just like the communication and transparency issue or nobody will know its even released!
Seems they started taking it seriously when they couldn't pay the bills for that last 18 months' expansion.

Weird, how me saying this was a matter of concern back then was just a bunch if trolling, and I am/was a stupid asshole for even suggesting, but now it matters...

If you insist on learning every lesson the hard way... There is no wisdom of the crowd, just a mob of clueless communists. I'm not trying to spotlight myself, but pointing out yet another example that the best decisions are made by the minority at the edge, not the clueless majority at the center.

Anyway, glad to see this. But, if it doesn't affect a broader change in thinking after the same motif has repeated so many times... Sigh...

This awesome work, from the Dash core group. Only downside I see is that people mistakenly look at Dash as if where an EVIL CENTRALIZED Company, especially now that we are starting to look and behave more and more professionally. We all and I do mean ALL of community to keep explaining that Dash is a DAO, and everything that comes with it. This counts double for MNO's. These efforts are allot cheaper more needed than voting for all those expensive marking campaign's. For example Ripple just donated almost 30mil but got very little goodwill from it.

Not just dash, there are many other crypto projects in a similar situation. All it takes is a politically motivated crackdown specifically targeting DCG and the price will plummet, perhaps another 80%. How could the dash DAO fight back and survive? What we desperately need is a huge war chest plus multi-scenario live simulations.

Does Dash Core have any plans to, or see value in, acquiring money transmitter liscenses for US states?

Is Dash Core looking at putting up a satellite network, like the bitcoin satellite network, in case the grid goes down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back