• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Pre-Proposal] - To seed Dash love through what people actually love

eximius

Hello everyone,

We are GulliCricket, a team formed in 2012 and was active for a couple of years before we left it to enable multiple startups. Currently we have 3000+ followers on our facebook page. GulliCricket was a cricket fantasy facebook app.

The Proposal:
Cricket is the major and most followed sport in India. India is said to be the subcontinent of millennials, with two third of its 1.3 Billion population less than 35 years of age. India is still in its nascent stage in term of cryptocurrencies. We aim to use cricket as a platform to educate users about the cryptocurrencies.

Why Now?
Lately, over the couple of months, there has been quite some news coverages about the bitcoins and many people still dont know the term altcoins. Also, the cricket extravaganza event (T20 league called IPL, 11th edition) is around the corner and due to start in April 2018.

Why Dash?
We have been researching blockchain technology for a year now. We are a couple of months old to the Dash world. Though we love Ethereum as a platform, we were surprised by the dash community, especially the energy of DashNation on discord. At the time when we lost hope on bitcoin, because of the multiple forks, it was a relief when we learnt about the "masternodes" and definitely the self funding architecture.

Why Us?
Im Vishnu Govind, a software engineer by education and a product guy by experience. I have enabled 4 startups and currently working as a CTO of one. One of the startup(sportskeeda.com) where I was a VP Product Development is now Asia's largest all sports news portal in terms of web traffic. I have a facebook page for GulliCricket with 3000+ followers. I have volunteered as a mentor for a blockchain hackathon conducted by the state government. Im a mentor to 10+ students from two different colleges. I also featured in a video covered by Google.

(Im the one in the Maroon polo shirt in the video above.)

The team has vast experience in mobile app development. The team has collectively done more than 500+ mobile apps over a period of last 9 years.

What do we have?
  • We have the marketing and development budget.
  • We have an off chain fantasy mobile app almost ready in both iOS and Android platforms, with all backend ready to scale on the cloud.
  • We can advertise in one of the largest sports news portal in India.
  • We have a referral scheme already built into the app
  • We have done a rebranding to partner with Dash. Please find the attached new logo file.
  • We have 3000+ followers on our facebook page (but the count is couple of years old, we will have to run a campaign to get them back active)
What we do not have?
We do not have the cryptocurrency for the giveaways. The giveaways that are planned are
  • 0.01 units for every new user acquired by us.
  • User and his friend gets 0.01 each through the referral program.
  • The Final reward for winning the game (Winner to be announced on the last day of the series).
  • Daily reward (to give an equal opportunity for the new users who are acquired while the series is in progress).
What is our ask?
  • 10 Dash for the first 1000 users (1000 x 0.01)
  • 60 Dash for referrals (1000 first users referring 3 users on an average. (3000 x 0.01) + (1000 x 0.03))
  • 25 Dash for the final winners (It is planned to distribute it among the users rather than giving it to the top few. The first spot gets 30%, the second gets a 15% of the remaining 70 and so forth)
  • 50 Dash for daily giveaways (it is a 50 day sporting event, 50 x 1)
  • 5 Dash as proposal fee reimbursement
  • 25 Dash for legal work.
Totalling to 175 Dash for 4000 users.
(Though we can achieve more, we wish to prove one capabilities first. )

What is our business motive?
Our motive is to market Dash to the Indian community and later on start a Dash only exchange. There is only one exchange that offers Dash at the moment.

What we can offer back to the community?
We can sign an exclusive deal with Dash Core/Community.

What are the risks?
The Indian government is yet to make a statement about its support for cryptocurrencies. As on 8th Feb 2018, it is neither illegal nor legal. The cryptocurrencies are treated as crypto assets and a capital gain tax is levied on the holdings (rather should i say hodlings).

We would love to discuss more and welcome comments for the improvements.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    54 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I think that India is a very good market for Dash and I congratulate you for making the decision to do a project for that market
But I also believe that the legal risk that you have mentioned must be evaluated.
I could see that in the budget you have placed a mount for the legal area, specifically what will you do with it?
I mean, what will the lawyers do?

Hello everyone,

We are GulliCricket, a team formed in 2012 and was active for a couple of years before we left it to enable multiple startups. Currently we have 3000+ followers on our facebook page. GulliCricket was a cricket fantasy facebook app.

The Proposal:
Cricket is the major and most followed sport in India. India is said to be the subcontinent of millennials, with two third of its 1.3 Billion population less than 35 years of age. India is still in its nascent stage in term of cryptocurrencies. We aim to use cricket as a platform to educate users about the cryptocurrencies.

Why Now?
Lately, over the couple of months, there has been quite some news coverages about the bitcoins and many people still dont know the term altcoins. Also, the cricket extravaganza event (T20 league called IPL, 11th edition) is around the corner and due to start in April 2018.

Why Dash?
We have been researching blockchain technology for a year now. We are a couple of months old to the Dash world. Though we love Ethereum as a platform, we were surprised by the dash community, especially the energy of DashNation on discord. At the time when we lost hope on bitcoin, because of the multiple forks, it was a relief when we learnt about the "masternodes" and definitely the self funding architecture.

Why Us?
Im Vishnu Govind, a software engineer by education and a product guy by experience. I have enabled 4 startups and currently working as a CTO of one. One of the startup(sportskeeda.com) where I was a VP Product Development is now Asia's largest all sports news portal in terms of web traffic. I have a facebook page for GulliCricket with 3000+ followers. I have volunteered as a mentor for a blockchain hackathon conducted by the state government. Im a mentor to 10+ students from two different colleges. I also featured in a video covered by Google.

(Im the one in the Maroon polo shirt in the video above.)

The team has vast experience in mobile app development. The team has collectively done more than 500+ mobile apps over a period of last 9 years.

What do we have?
  • We have the marketing and development budget.
  • We have an off chain fantasy mobile app almost ready in both iOS and Android platforms, with all backend ready to scale on the cloud.
  • We can advertise in one of the largest sports news portal in India.
  • We have a referral scheme already built into the app
  • We have done a rebranding to partner with Dash. Please find the attached new logo file.
  • We have 3000+ followers on our facebook page (but the count is couple of years old, we will have to run a campaign to get them back active)
What we do not have?
We do not have the cryptocurrency for the giveaways. The giveaways that are planned are
  • 0.01 units for every new user acquired by us.
  • User and his friend gets 0.01 each through the referral program.
  • The Final reward for winning the game (Winner to be announced on the last day of the series).
  • Daily reward (to give an equal opportunity for the new users who are acquired while the series is in progress).
What is our ask?
  • 60 Dash for referrals (1000 first users referring 3 users on an average. (3000 x 0.01) + (1000 x 0.03))
  • 25 Dash for the final winners (It is planned to distribute it among the users rather than giving it to the top few. The first spot gets 30%, the second gets a 15% of the remaining 70 and so forth)
  • 50 Dash for daily giveaways (it is a 50 day sporting event, 50 x 1)
  • 5 Dash as proposal fee reimbursement
  • 25 Dash for legal work.
Totalling to 175 Dash for 4000 users.
(Though we can achieve more, we wish to prove one capabilities first. )

What is our business motive?
Our motive is to market Dash to the Indian community and later on start a Dash only exchange. There is only one exchange that offers Dash at the moment.

What we can offer back to the community?
We can sign an exclusive deal with Dash Core/Community.

What are the risks?
The Indian government is yet to make a statement about its support for cryptocurrencies. As on 8th Feb 2018, it is neither illegal nor legal. The cryptocurrencies are treated as crypto assets and a capital gain tax is levied on the holdings (rather should i say hodlings).

We would love to discuss more and welcome comments for the improvements.

you are asking $5 per user i think $2 should be enough , overall the ask is too high for the return that is expected.

That would be 0.1 Dash per user that is too expensive. How exactly does your app make money? I would assume betting. Does that mean you will switch to only using Dash in your App?

It should be 0.01 Dash per user as per what eximus has quoted. Also, it sounds like Dash is only giveaways, but eximus needs to make it clear how the app the going to make money.

Building Dash as the underlying token of a Fantasy cricket league would be more attractive venture.

That would be 0.1 Dash per user that is too expensive. How exactly does your app make money? I would assume betting. Does that mean you will switch to only using Dash in your App?

@TheSingleton It will be great to know how you arrived at 0.1 Dash per user. The proposal is for 0.01 Dash per user. As @Dashmaximalist mentioned, if 0.01 is too high, then we can work it out for $2(approx 0.005 Dash) as he mentioned.

The fantasy games fall under the Game of Skills in India, not into Game of chances. It will be called betting if it is under Game of Chances and will have legal issues. On the business model, we will charge a transaction fee on the withdrawals to support our development and maintenance costs. As I have mentioned in the proposal, our aim is to open up a crypto exchange and we are using this as a medium to educate people about Dash.

If we get the support, then Yes. We will exclusively support only Dash.

Hope I have answered your queries. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and hoping for your support.

I think that India is a very good market for Dash and I congratulate you for making the decision to do a project for that market
But I also believe that the legal risk that you have mentioned must be evaluated.
I could see that in the budget you have placed a mount for the legal area, specifically what will you do with it?
I mean, what will the lawyers do?

Hey Ezio Rojas,

Thanks for the encouraging words. As of now it is neither illegal nor legal. I have spoken to the tax officials. It cannot be used as a legal tender but can be held as an asset at the owner's own risks.

The T20 league is governed by the IPL body, a part of board of cricket India. They have some legal issues in using the names of the teams and trademarks. The legal money will be used for clarifying all such issues. Also, we will need clarification on the KYC process, if at all required. Since, cricket is a religion in India, we need legal help to run without any infringements.

We are already taking up the development, maintenance and marketing cost on us. If it could have been possible, we would have definitely taken up the legal costs as well.

you are asking $5 per user i think $2 should be enough , overall the ask is too high for the return that is expected.

@Dashmaximalist, we are only give it away to the users. We came up with the number just to beat the competition where the competitor is giving away approximately $4 (INR 250). There are many other established fantasy apps in the market and to get the eyes of the user, we have to be more lucrative. Saying that, we are open to feedback from the community and open to accommodate the suggested amount from the community

It should be 0.01 Dash per user as per what eximus has quoted. Also, it sounds like Dash is only giveaways, but eximus needs to make it clear how the app the going to make money.

@Manish Kumar, we are planning to charge a transaction fee on the withdrawals. This will support our maintenance cost. But our main intention is to start a crypto exchange. With support we can even do an exclusive Dash exchange for India.

Oops my math was off but it's still more then 0.01
In the referrals, you have 1000x0.03 which I assume is a bonus for the referrals. I thought you'd get 0.03 for each user referred but that's the total so it's 0.04 for the first 1000 and 0.01 for the rest.

Anyway, it's still expensive though if your app keeps growing afterwards it should be fine.
This is probably not the most efficient use of dash but if there is space in the budget I will vote for it.

Oops my math was off but it's still more then 0.01
In the referrals, you have 1000x0.03 which I assume is a bonus for the referrals. I thought you'd get 0.03 for each user referred but that's the total so it's 0.04 for the first 1000 and 0.01 for the rest.

Anyway, it's still expensive though if your app keeps growing afterwards it should be fine.
This is probably not the most efficient use of dash but if there is space in the budget I will vote for it.

@TheSingleton We are definitely considering the feedback and thinking of 0.005 instead of 0.01 as the referral benefit. This is for the users to try to Dash and we are not taking any cut. So we are happy with whatever the community will recommend.

Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate that.

Back