• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre) DASH is the first cryptocurrency to land into Portuguese instore payments (500 locations)

Would you vote for having Stores accepting DASH in Portugal?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would you vote for having stores accepting DASH in Portugal?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Summary:

Our goal is to present DASH as the first Cryptocurrency to land in Portugal supported by a “real economy” strategy. At the end of the project, the Portuguese market will get to know DASH as the first mover Cryptocurrency in their homeland, allowing 500 real stores to sell in DASH currency, on face-to-face transactions. At the same time and upholding this considerable innovation project, a broad marketing campaign will be held (TV interviews, news, blogs, fintech sites, banking, social media and other Media channels) in order to present the project concept and bring DASH as one of top of the mind Cryptocurrencies in Portugal. Portugal is a perfect market to launch such a project, as the “new economy” is the most widespread expression nowadays with intense support from the local government as the two last world Websummit have recently proved.

Our wish is to establish and sustain a long-term partnership, continue to distribute and spread the Dash brand and we would be honored to be an enduring ambassador of Dash in the local market.

About our company:

The company offers an extremely innovative solution to any offline merchant. Using Parcela Ja “Point-of-Sale” terminals, merchants have the option to offer payments for their products and services from 2 to 12 installments, free of interest to their end customer while paying with Visa or Mastercard. There is a full explanation with a short video on how our unique system works on our website. We've made our first transaction in June 2017 and we've reached until now 103 stores as customers. We've recently strike a new deal for 300 new customers on a store chain.
As a company we are willing to create market disruption when it comes to payments.
Our mission is to expand and enhance the traditional buying solutions offered to consumers by giving them more convenient purchase options.

About Miguel Quintas:

Parcela Já Co-Founder and Managing Director, Miguel Quintas, is the typical entrepreneur willing to take any project up to the next level. Drive is his main asset and he’s surely willing to take any new challenging project, particularly when combining new ideas and technology and web solutions with the real economy, like the current proposal. He has 7 start-up’s in his curriculum, out of which 2 have failed, 3 are running on green numbers and 2 are making their way for the last two years (out of this last two, one is Parcela Já). Most of his Start-up’s have been and are funded by himself. Nevertheless, he uses to say “thank God I went bankrupt on my first Start-Up!”. He also has a multinational background on Mars Inc, General Motors and Amadeus (Travel IT Company), being the West Europe, Middle East and Africa Regional Manager on IT Consulting Services, on the latest one.

What are we proposing to do:

Deploy 500 instore (Travel Agencies, Computer Stores, Optical Stores, Perfumeries, Auto Repair Shops and others) POS terminals with DASH payment functionality and vastly advertise the nationwide achievement (an interesting bulk of 500 merchants) in the Portuguese media. The achievement can also be used for worldwide advertising/news for DASH, if the community has an interest in doing so.

To achieve our goal we will also need to develop and integrate specific software for our POS terminals, server and website, as explained further in this proposal.

Motivation and background:

Because we have an innovative solution, and because we have innovation in our DNA, we want to bring Dash as form of payment into our POS terminals as well. Also, we believe DASH is the right partner because it is committed to low interchange fees, instant payments and the right governance model to keep investing in its own future as a wining solution for Cryptocurrencies. On top of it, we also believe there is a huge opportunity in being the first mover in the Portuguese Market when it comes to have DASH as the biggest Cryptocurrency top-of-mind recognition for the country. Therefore we’re offering a three-in-a-whole solution:

- Increase DASH brand awareness in Portugal and set foot to become the mostly known Cryptocurrency in the market;

- Keep Parcela Já market innovation statement by being the first Portuguese POS terminal to offer a Cryptocurrency payment in the country in several type of stores (apart from the current instalment payment plans);

- Increase Parcela Já POS terminals penetration with the help of DASH (leverage brand recognition and financing support).

We will, of course, use exclusivity for DASH in our POS terminals.

We also believe 500 stores is a perfectly achievable goal as recently we’ve closed a deal with a 300 Travel Agencies consortia (Airmet Portugal) to deploy our terminals in their stores. For future memory, Airmet is also present in Spain (around 800 Travel Agencies) and Brasil (around 100). Within the next three months we are expecting to close extra 100 merchants.

Benefits to DASH:

- First worldwide market to accept instore DASH payments on a “light bulk” basis;

- Broad Portuguese market (and international?) awareness on DASH Cryptocurrency (from all society sectors – economy, social and political);

- 10 million people market acknowledging DASH has the main Cryptocurrency in the real economy. And a 22 million tourists coming every year might also be a leverage;

- Enhance DASH merchant worldwide figures with 500 new merchants (to be listed in DiscoverDash and on Parcela Já website);

- First mover advantage over other Cryptocurrencies in Portugal

- Possibility to increase Portuguese market penetration up to 30.000 POS’s if current project is successful (10% of the Portuguese market)

- Chance to replicate the model on a European basis;

- We will work closely with DASH to develop and execute a successful DASH branding strategy for advertising, events, videos and any other content.

- DASH Cryptocurrency as an exclusive for the POS terminals

High level scope:

The following are the project activities we will undertake:

1. Hardware: We will need to replace our current POS terminal for new ones with a wider screen for a clear end user DASH information and QR coding purposes. This solution will also enhance the end customer purchase experience while using cryptocurrency payment.

2. Installation: We will subcontract our current hardware installation team to deploy the new POS terminals in each contracted merchant

3. Software development:

a) Transactional software: We will need to develop new functionalities, interfaces and integrations to accept DASH as a payment and convert it to Euros (please refer to the project development below);
b) POS software: The new POS terminal will have to have a specific in built software to run our new application
c) “Parcela Já” website enhancement for end customers login: To be contracted to our current website developer. It will include a front-end interface for our customers to login and check/control on their DASH payments with the following features:
c) 1. Purchase date; Store name; Product (if available); Value; Dash exchange rate; Number of installments paid (if available/used); Number of installments left (if available/used).
c) 2. End user interface structure allowing different users to view and or modify their personal data.

4. Marketing and Advertising: A specific and already identified Portuguese lobbying, communication and advertising company should be hired in order to make sure we will be in all media (TV, TV interviews, news, blogs, fintech sites, banking, social media and other media channels) presenting our most innovative solution.
Instore deliverables and advertising has also to be produced and delivered (flyers, stickers, price tags) in order to deeply activate the service and DASH brand.
We will also hire “500 days” of instore trained stewardesses with a personalized uniform to generate customer awareness when entering any different “DASH store” and offer tailored assistance about DASH and the payment system.

We are happy and willing to work with the DASH team on this particular and sensitive subject, to make sure we deliver the expected return.

Detailed Software Project Development (Server and POS Terminal):

dash 1.jpg
Dash 2.jpg
Dash 3.jpg
Dash 4.jpg
Dash 5.jpg

Funding Breakdown per item (considering 1 DASH = 1 030,00 USD):

a) Hardware - (163 680,00 USD) - 159 DASH
Includes:
- 550 hundred locally certified terminals at $237,60 each. Includes 10% of POS stock for emergency purposes - $ 130 680
- 500 instore installations at $66 each. Includes the removal of our current 103 POS terminals - $ 33 000

b) Software: (49 900,00 USD) - 48 DASH
Transactional software (Server): ~360hrs/month @ 52,5$/hr = 18 900,00 USD
2. Built in application (POS Terminal): ~160hrs/month @ 37,5$/hr = 6 000,00 USD
3. Current website enhancement (subcontracted to our current provider): 25 000,00 USD

c) Communication & Marketing plan - (227 000,00 USD) - 220 DASH
1. Hiring a local Advertising and Communication company: in order to leverage the marketing investment and take it to a national level. The following are the channels we need to hit: 132 000,00 USD
. Events: Public speaking and networking at events.
· Documentation: Information to be shared with the media and end customers
· Advertising & Publications: Information published with wide distribution such as media news, blogs, web pages, newspapers (on and offline), magazines and TV news and interviews.
· Graphics: Production of standard company brand aligned with DASH.
· Audio: Radio interviews
· Video: Video such as film or streaming video to distribute via website or on the Youtube channel
· Social Media & Digital Communities: Digital tools for communicating, sharing and producing content.
2. Instore deliverables and advertising for 500 stores (flyers, stickers, price tags): 25 000,00 USD
3. 500 days of instore stewardess/promoters (training included and uniforms): 70 000,00 USD

We are eager to work and share with DASH team all information in order to get the best outcome from the communication and marketing plan.

d) Project Management (6 000,00 USD) - 6 DASH
Includes:
· Recruiting/hiring
· Managing the project’s staff
· Ensuring all work will be delivered according to the set dates and reporting to masternodes and DASH community

SUB-TOTAL: (446 580,00 USD) - 434 DASH

e) Unpredicted Expenses & proposal reimbursement (34 DASH)

Includes:
· Reimbursement for proposal work – 5 DASH
· Small unforeseen expenses (redesigns, extra development for unforeseen features, etc.) – 7 DASH
· Covering DASH fluctuation price/slippage/volatility (5% of 434 DASH) – 22 DASH

PROPOSAL TOTAL: 468 DASH

Deliverables, monthly funding & schedule:

1st month:

1. Software development (POS & Server) – 13 740,00 USD
2. Software development (website):
a. Specifications
b. Contract signing (50% upfront – 12 500,00 USD)
3. Setup the communication & advertising strategy
4. Instore deliveries design and contract (50% upfront – 12 500,00 USD)
5. Place hardware/POS order (50% upfront – 65 340,00 USD
6. Project management (2 000,00 USD)
7. Unpredicted Expenses – 11 DASH

Funding needs: 106 080 USD + 11 DASH = 114 DASH

2nd month:

1. Software development delivery (POS & Internal) – 12 460 USD
2. Hardware/POS remaining payment & setup - (remaining 50% payment – 65 340,00 USD)
3. Marketing:
a) Engage into contract with media/advertising company
b) Preparing marketing campaign
c) Media/advertising company contract signing (50% upfront - 66 000,00 USD)
d) Recruiting hardware installation team
e) Recruiting/training Hostesses for the "500 days" campaign (50% upfront - 35 000,00 USD)

4. Project management (2 000,00 USD)
5. Unpredicted Expenses - 11 DASH

Funding needs: 180 800,00 USD + 11 DASH = 186 DASH

3rd month:

Marketing and advertising campaign in the air at months end

1. Hardware setup & instore deployment - (instore installation – 33 000,00 USD)
2. Software development (website):
a. Delivery (remaining 50% – 12 500,00 USD)

3. Marketing:
a) Fine tuning marketing campaign
b) Media/advertising company on the air (remaining 50% - 66 000,00 USD)
c) Instore deliveries design and contract (remaining 50% – 12 500,00 USD)
d) “500 days” hostesses campaign (remaining 50% – 35 000,00 USD)

4. Project management (2 000,00 USD)
5. Unpredicted Expenses – 12 DASH

Funding needs: 161 000,00 USD + 12 DASH = 168 DASH

Terms:

We are requesting a monthly payment of 156 DASH for three months on a grand total of 468 DASH.

In case of DASH price volatility comes to a shortfall we will be needing/requesting for extra funding. If the price brings excess payment, we would like you to consider us to expand the project regarding marketing or the number of stores to be deployed within this project.

If the project is successful we would like also you to consider the possibility of bringing it to a whole new level, increasing the presence up to 30.000 stores (10% of the Portuguese market) in the following months.

Project milestones control:

We will set ourselves at your full request in terms of reporting on the project development. Nevertheless we commit to publicly present, on a monthly basis (minimum) the project status. We believe control is an asset for the community and the credibility of any current and future project.

We also hope you believe the project brings lots of extra value for the “DASH world”. We are keen to clarify any question you may have or incorporate suggestions and adjustments. Feedback is extremely welcome. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
ok. you want dash to invest 500k in your business. it's been done before.

- no escrow = no vote.
- dash investment should be a minority investment. who are the other investors and how much do they invest?
- what are the projected profits? how are you going to make more profit in dash than in eur? i want to know the business model for taking on the euro with 500k.
- what's the roi for the mno? how much and when are you going to pay us back?

thanks.

ok. you want dash to invest 500k in your business. it's been done before.

- no escrow = no vote.
- dash investment should be a minority investment. who are the other investors and how much do they invest?
- what are the projected profits? how are you going to make more profit in dash than in eur? i want to know the business model for taking on the euro with 500k.
- what's the roi for the mno? how much and when are you going to pay us back?

thanks.
Hi Vedran, Thanks for your comments! Appreciate it. It's difficult to give you a straight answer due to the complexity of your questions. I'll take the questions one by one:
- Escrow - I believe you're referring on the payments/account (sorry, I'm new to this). I have to add it to the proposal. Thanks.
- Dash investment Vs other investors - If we take the unpredicted expenses (those are mainly volatility) & reimbursement, this project is mainly about advertising Dash as the first critptocurrency in the Portuguese market and software development to take Dash payments (62% of total investment). The remaining is setting up a infrastucture that will allow the end customer to pay with Dash (POS terminal with a wide screen for QRCode). All the remaining investment is made by our company, as it has been since inception - in this case, me.
- Projected profits - It's hard to say, as the project it's mainly a marketing step to engage the Portuguese public into DASH. It's a "virgin" market ready to be explored, when it comes to Criptocurrency. The first to set foot with a Criptocurrency payment to retail stores will take most of the "free" media advertising and public attention. Regarding business as usual, we take a fee per payment as contracted with each store.
- Again, hard to evaluate right now the ROI as it is mainly a marketing project although we expect DASH transactions over the POS terminals. The Dash team is probably the right entity to evaluate it, due to their huge experience on this. We need to bear in mind that if we manage to have end customers to buy DASH, have it on their wallet and use it on the POS is an unvaluable figure for the time being.
Please let me know if I managed to answer your questions and there is any other comment you would like to make/ask. Thanks again!

Sounds Amazing !!! how many users you have in Portugal Now ?
Hi Studioz, Thanks for your comments. Today we are present in 108 stores and are setting up operations for 300 new customers (contract already signed). It would be interesting if they could use DASH payments in the future!

thanks for the quick response.
- Escrow - I believe you're referring on the payments/account (sorry, I'm new to this).
yes, contact @Green Candle for details.
It's hard to say, as the project it's mainly a marketing step to engage the Portuguese public into DASH
that's what it looks like. i don't like marketing without clear benefits for all involved. marketing is all most can come up with around here. not a fan.
hard to evaluate right now the ROI as it is mainly a marketing project
no offense, but i'm in it for the profit. all else has no priority for me.

no matter what i say, good luck with your proposal.

Please name your sub-contractors. Where are you headquartered?

Also, imo, large proposals like this should also arrange video interviews (Dash Force News etc).

Hi Studioz, Thanks for your comments. Today we are present in 108 stores and are setting up operations for 300 new customers (contract already signed). It would be interesting if they could use DASH payments in the future!
thx , how many clients have used your system so far ,the system is already running without Dash right ? https://www.parcelaja.pt/, correct me if i'm wrong . Muito Obrigado !

thanks for the quick response.

that's what it looks like. i don't like marketing without clear benefits for all involved. marketing is all most can come up with around here. not a fan.

Hi Vedran, thank YOU,

Thanks for the tip. Will get in contact.

No offense taken at all. At the end of the day, we are all into it.

Any saying is welcome and a chance to learn and think Vedran. Thanks!

Please name your sub-contractors. Where are you headquartered?

Also, imo, large proposals like this should also arrange video interviews (Dash Force News etc).

Hi GMD, Thanks for your reply. I believe you're referring the contractors we're going to need for take the proposal into reality. For hardware (POS Terminals and their high level programming) we should keep the our current provider (http://www.goodpartner.pt/tablet/goodpartner-eng.html) and for marketing/advertising we would like to use Cunha Vaz (http://www.cunhavaz.com/?lang=en). I've worked with them in the past and know their reach and what they are capable of.
We are based in Lisbon, Portugal.

Regarding the interview, I'm more than happy to make it. But need to check how to do it. I'll have a look into it. Thanks again.

thx , how many clients have used your system so far ,the system is already running without Dash right ? https://www.parcelaja.pt/, correct me if i'm wrong . Muito Obrigado !
Hi studioz, yes you got the website right. The system is up and running since June '17, our first POS Terminal in production and first transaction. Up to today we have roughly 1500 transactions on our system. Far from where we want to be, but good as for our initial expectations (considering there is no instore installments in Europe whatsoever). We are working to get up to 80% installments transactions, as we have in mature markets such as Brazil. Obrigado eu!

Hi @Miguel Quintas Thanks for your proposal, integrations are great for dash.

Have you had a chat with @dmitriybtc who has been integrating with POS terminals and is currently expanding his scope?

I would be interested if you guys have any synergies or if @dmitriybtc has any time or cost savings with work already done (just throwing an idea up).

Hi Mquintas, that sounds fantastic. From my point of view a proposal, should demonstrate in what way the merchant and customer will be incetivised to use dash i.e. the merchant will gain by reducing costs and the customers gains by pay less. Evolution will make it very simple for merchants to take Dash so your timing is perfect. Obviously there would be a need to train staff especially the customer service staff and it might be an idea to have an area specifically dedicated to Dash, showing customers how to download the mobile wallet and showing them how to buy Dash which is where Alt thirty six ATMs can come into play. Also anybody who uses Dash in your stores could be entered into a monthly draw to win car or something along those lines :) They are some of my initial thoughts. Good luck with your proposal :)

Hi @Miguel Quintas Thanks for your proposal, integrations are great for dash.

Have you had a chat with @dmitriybtc who has been integrating with POS terminals and is currently expanding his scope?

I would be interested if you guys have any synergies or if @dmitriybtc has any time or cost savings with work already done (just throwing an idea up).
Hi ewok, Thanks for the tip. I'll get in contact with @dmitriybtc and check on that. Could be interesting. Tks

Hi Mquintas, that sounds fantastic. From my point of view a proposal, should demonstrate in what way the merchant and customer will be incetivised to use dash i.e. the merchant will gain by reducing costs and the customers gains by pay less. Evolution will make it very simple for merchants to take Dash so your timing is perfect. Obviously there would be a need to train staff especially the customer service staff and it might be an idea to have an area specifically dedicated to Dash, showing customers how to download the mobile wallet and showing them how to buy Dash which is where Alt thirty six ATMs can come into play. Also anybody who uses Dash in your stores could be entered into a monthly draw to win car or something along those lines :) They are some of my initial thoughts. Good luck with your proposal :)
Hi MartinD, Thanks a lot for spending some time thinking about our proposal and furthermore for sharing your ideas. If we keep DASH transactions low, it will surely be competitive and we will have another good grip. The car idea is great (or the concept of a big prize). Thanks! I'm not sure if masternodes would like to invest on that extra money. But will surely take the project up to a new national level! A Ferrari... that would be on the opening news!! :)

Did someone request the escrow fairy??

please send an email to [email protected] we have reviewed this project and would be very happy to help bring this to the network and fix any of the issues that come up during the due diligence phase. Looking forward to your email!

- All the remaining investment is made by our company, as it has been since inception - in this case, me.

Can you clarify on that since you're a minority (1%) shareholder of the company?

Isn't 300k for a 10 million country a big budget for marketing?

PS: Code quality red flag - unit testing being performed after development is just bad practice. Unit testing is part of the implementation.

Back