• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: DashRadar development

Antti Kaikkonen

Pre-proposal: DashRadar development

The goal of this proposal is to fund the development and hosting of DashRadar, which is aiming to provide a comprehensive set of online tools for accessing, visualizing and analyzing the dash blockchain.

Current tools of dashradar.com include an interactive transaction graph visualizer, a collection of interactive charts and a data explorer where users can execute cypher queries against a neo4j graph database containing the dash blockchain.

Deliverables
  • A new block explorer module to DashRadar

• Improving the existing code base and releasing the code as open source
Schedule
3 months.

Budget
Proposal fee reimbursement: 5 Dash

Development: 15 Dash total

Hosting: 1 Dash. Should last for at least 5 months.

Total: 21 Dash

More info
  • DashRadar development thread

• I have developed the project since last summer for free. If I manage to finish the deliverables ahead of schedule then I will continue developing new features from the TODO list.

I'm curious what your current codebase is built in and what you're using to visualize on the chart page?

The charts are very slow for me and I'm on a 6-core machine with a GTX 1080. Gotta get that working better.

I'm curious what your current codebase is built in and what you're using to visualize on the chart page?

The charts are very slow for me and I'm on a 6-core machine with a GTX 1080. Gotta get that working better.
Charts are using chartjs which uses canvas element so it should be pretty fast. What browser are you using? I have only tested it on firefox and chrome and for me it works well on both of them. Is it slow only in the beginning or when you change dates or does it stay unresponsive?

Just restarted my computer and loaded up the site again, definitely just at the beginning.

It appears to be the animate in behavior that's the slowest. Maybe look into turning that off - also maybe worth down-sampling the UTXO transaction count as that's a crap-load of data points.

Also what's with the huge output volume spike in July? That's a crazy outlier, are you sure that's a good data point?

Just restarted my computer and loaded up the site again, definitely just at the beginning.

It appears to be the animate in behavior that's the slowest. Maybe look into turning that off - also maybe worth down-sampling the UTXO transaction count as that's a crap-load of data points.
Thanks for suggestions. I will try if I can reproduce the same issue on my laptop which has windows (and internet explorer) installed. All the charts currently have one data point per day but I think it might be worth down-samping them if users are experiencing performance issues.

Also what's with the huge output volume spike in July? That's a crazy outlier, are you sure that's a good data point?
Someone could have easily repeatedly sent large amounts of dash to oneself.

Last edited:
Back