• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Time to hussle steam games

I think Steam is using BitPay, so we would either have to approach BitPay to add Dash or provide some similarly convenient solution to Steam.

I think Steam is using BitPay, so we would either have to approach BitPay to add Dash or provide some similarly convenient solution to Steam.
if we crack some sort of exclusivity deal with bitpay we are looking 5-10X growth immediately , so it's worth poring few million on this

please please take this seriously !

if we crack some sort of exclusivity deal with bitpay we are looking 5-10X growth immediately , so it's worth poring few million on this

please please take this seriously !

Forget it, they are bitcoin maximalists. Here is a very recent email from them:

"Thank you for the suggestion. Competition among cryptocurrencies is important, but we do not have plans to accept anything besides bitcoin at this time.

Thank you again for reaching out and for your interest in BitPay."

Forget it, they are bitcoin maximalists. Here is a very recent email from them:

"Thank you for the suggestion. Competition among cryptocurrencies is important, but we do not have plans to accept anything besides bitcoin at this time.

Thank you again for reaching out and for your interest in BitPay."
I doubt it , they are bleeding because of the high fees , soon they will make the switch we should convince them to move to dash instead , if they don't agree we should target the next best guys like coinpayments.com and pump them with millions ...

I doubt it , they are bleeding because of the high fees , soon they will make the switch we should convince them to move to dash instead , if they don't agree we should target the next best guys like coinpayments.com and pump them with millions ...

You'd be surprised how tribal some of these companies are. Some companies, like bitpay, have a long history with very entrenched views. Of course, I would love for them to come around, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You'd be surprised how tribal some of these companies are. Some companies, like bitpay, have a long history with very entrenched views. Of course, I would love for them to come around, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

possibly , in that case let's just fund their competition , but this is an extremely important piece in the journey of being digital cash which we can't ignore. without a right fiat bridge merchants will never jump on to the bandwagon. the more merchant that show 'we accept dash' badges the more good things will happen.

Last edited:
I hope the business Dev team gets up and running soon. It is time to strike, the iron is hot IMO.

Definitely. Does somebody knows who's in charge of business development currently ? @tungfa, @fernando ?

At some point, Dash Core should appoint a team within their team and present it to the network for funding as a Business Dev DAO.

It will be easier for the community to follow and get some feedback.

Because Business dev is in itself a non transparent activity : you can't really negotiate efficiently if everybody knows who you are talking to, when you are talking to them and what you are proposing them

And that is actually why we need to structure it in the most transparent way possible such as having a seperate DAO with weekly or monthly report (even if it is to only say : this week we have contacted 3 busniess, we have been contacted by 5 businesses. Currently, we consider that 5 of our contact are qualifed prospects and 10 are only prospects)

I noticed the drop of bitcoin as a purchase option in the last sale. That was like two weeks ago. They are really slow with the communication. I also don't think that bitpay will change it's ways.

I hope the business Dev team gets up and running soon. It is time to strike, the iron is hot IMO.

Maybe it would be a good Idea to choose one of the fiat gateways and write emails and forumposts to steam with the recommendation? It should be one with an instant send option imho.

Do you think they'll agree? everything about the interests

It should be one with an instant send option imho.
Nobody knows IS/IX exists.

When you tell Kraken, or any other exchange about it, they get annoyed because it requires more work than a copy-pasta of code in order to support it, and they can't be bothered. Even if you offer to pay the costs for them... They don't want anything outshining their easy-money shitcoin ponzi trade market fees.

As an alternative we should reach out to bitrefill [dot} com They integrated Litecoin a few days ago and now you can use LTC to buy Steam vouchers. Check out their twitter for the details

Nobody knows IS/IX exists.

When you tell Kraken, or any other exchange about it, they get annoyed because it requires more work than a copy-pasta of code in order to support it, and they can't be bothered. Even if you offer to pay the costs for them... They don't want anything outshining their easy-money shitcoin ponzi trade market fees.

Really? That sounds pretty childish if you ask me.

So in this case, I see a new opportunity. Why don't we make an own DASH-FIAT Gateway service. I mean with the DAO, Proposal and all? You don't have to "shower them with millions", but it would send an incredibly strong message around the cryptoverse.
A Cryptocurrency with everything from the network itself, no middle men. Just DASHER like you and me.

(Before you guys and girls ask, I'm not a coder sooooo, maybe someone else is up to the challenge?)

Back