• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre Proposal: Facebook & Google Targeted Advertising

Crypto Eric

EDIT: Since posting this pre-proposal, I am now collaborating with a friend of mine who has more experience than me in digital marketing to help me with this proposal. Together we are re-writing the entire proposal & marketing model making to it a more effective campaign overall. We are also changing (lowering) the budget quite dramatically. This post is still relevant, but just know the budget & method has been changed quite a bit and I will post the updated proposal once we are finished putting it all together. Thanks for the feedback.

My original proposal:

I'm beginning to put together a pre proposal to get Facebook & Google targeted ads for Dash

This is a targeted internet advertising campaign for people that are already somewhat familiar with cryptocurrency/bitcoin/blockchain. Targeted advertising is a perfect and easy opportunity to raise brand awareness, gather many new users, and show Dash as one of the top cryptocurrencies. With this advertising budget, we could reach out to as many as 559,000 people per day (targeted).

My names Eric Wallace, I'm 24 and live in Scottsdale, Arizona (right next to Dash HQ). I've been involved with Bitcoin & blockchain for a little over 2 years now: https://twitter.com/Crypto_Eric
I first came across Dash in January of this year, and I began mining Dash in July. What drew me to Dash specifically was the technology, the long-term roadmap to make it easier for end users, and the DAO.

Budget lay-out:

Google ads: Targeting people who have interest in Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, BTC, Blockchain, Dash, digital currency... etc
  • $2,000 per day budget for 30 days
  • Daily potential reach for Google ads 16K+ clicks 159K+ impressions
Facebook targeted ads: $1,000 per day for 30 days

Type: brand awareness through photo advertising. Target audience ages 18-40, males, US & Canada

Targeting those interested in Bitcoin, blockchain, cryptocurrency... etc
  • Estimated Daily Results Reach 63,000 - 400,000
Google & Facebook ad budget
  • This costs $3,000 per day total
  • About 109 Dash for the entire month
  • This will reach 222,000 - 559,000 people per day

Thoughts? Constructive criticism? Looking for advice, I really want to make this happen

Last edited:
did u we run any social media ads ?
have successful pages on FB , google or YT ?
ty

did u we run any social media ads ?
have successful pages on FB , google or YT ?
ty

I am active on social media (as seen in my twitter link above), I've also managed a YT channel for gaming in the past. I've used sites like these for years and I am very familiar with how these sites target audiences. I have done research into marketing through various online media platforms and I've realized how helpful this kind of attention can be. I want Dash to stand out as the currency of the internet when people search this topic. I'm confident these forms of media will deliver to the right audience and have strong results

So your answer to @tungfa is no you have never run any advertising campaigns before. You are asking for over $200,000 ($7k per day 30 days) with no "real" experience.

So your answer to @tungfa is no you have never run any advertising campaigns before. You are asking for over $200,000 ($7k per day 30 days) with no "real" experience.

I have not personally run an internet marketing campaign. But I have worked in both sales and marketing in the past, and I know how to effectively market to the right audience. I have a good understanding of how to make targeted campaigns effective: keywords, geographic targeting, age, gender, time of day, interest, ad placement, conversion tracking, catching the attention of mobile users, etc.

Running a larger scale advertising campaign using Google & Facebook is what I was aiming for; however, if the budget size is a core issue, we can start smaller and work from there. Regardless, I will provide additional information and proof of research and present it in a clear manner. Thanks for the input.

I've personally run over $600,000 in adwords campaigns alone (screenshot attached) and am also preparing a proposal on this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.17.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 12.17.19 PM.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 82
For making sales/conversions, which was always my objective, Google has always performed way better than facebook, though I believe facebook may be just as effective if not moreso in driving awareness. For my ad campaigns, they were always sales based so if they weren't generating more revenue than we were spending we were doing it wrong.

Still, I've run a hundred campaigns and spent over $40,000 on facebook ads and continue to run them in smaller campaigns with surgical precision.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 10.30.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 10.30.47 AM.png
    494.5 KB · Views: 77
Feedbands.com mostly, though before that it was entrecard (acquired by ziprunner) and before that it was the million dollar wiki (acquired by namepros.com).

@feedbands Since posting this pre-proposal, I am now collaborating with a friend of mine who has more experience than me in digital marketing to help me with this proposal. We are re-writing the entire proposal and making it a more effective campaign overall. When are you writing yours for? Do you think it may be a bad idea to be running our proposals side by side?

@carlosjem it's twitter.com/crypto_eric

@feedbands Since posting this pre-proposal, I am now collaborating with a friend of mine who has more experience than me in digital marketing to help me with this proposal. We are re-writing the entire proposal and making it a more effective campaign overall. When are you writing yours for? Do you think it may be a bad idea to be running our proposals side by side?

@carlosjem it's twitter.com/crypto_eric

I was generally planning on waiting until the marketing firm Ogilvy & Mather completed their work.

Hey Eric, just saw you update your pre-proposal. So who´s your marketing partner? I looked at your twitter account and saw that you are a criptoinvestor and miner, that´s why I´m intrigued about to know who´s this partner. Because your pre-proposal is about just marketing, not trading or mining.

Hope for your nice reply!

Hey Eric, just saw you update your pre-proposal. So who´s your marketing partner? I looked at your twitter account and saw that you are a criptoinvestor and miner, that´s why I´m intrigued about to know who´s this partner. Because your pre-proposal is about just marketing, not trading or mining.

@Cryptoeric

Nice webpage dude, what was your specific work in the promotion of this brand? @feedbands

I concepted and designed hundreds of different ads and strategies, launched the campaigns, split tested them all, optimized the targeting, optimized the budgets, implemented remarketing, optimized the landing pages for conversions through split testing, you know, all the basic stuff

I think all these proposals for Internet marketing are missing the point. We should be targeting people in the bitcoin sphere, we should be targeting business owners.

Why don't we try with smaller amount and target more strictly to see what happen before running a large campaign?

Back