• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Dash Wallet for Android - Maintenance and Support

why do we need to wait till blockchain rolls, let not be copy cats , lets try and be world class , check coinbase or xapo app

When we get more resources to enhance this app, it may be possible to add this feature which would only be allowed on Android 6 and higher devices. That adds a lot of complexity as we may need to support two different versions of the app. The bread app does support fingerprints, but is not available on Android 4 and 5.

When we get more resources to enhance this app, it may be possible to add this feature which would only be allowed on Android 6 and higher devices. That adds a lot of complexity as we may need to support two different versions of the app. The bread app does support fingerprints, but is not available on Android 4 and 5.

Thanks for the explanation, please check this though , the android needs a facelift https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/facelift-for-android-app.18498/

This function of allowing zero fee transactions along with the lower default fees was released in an update today on Google Play.

there is no option to select between zero free ( slower txn ) and normal fee of 0.00005 ( normal fee based on the data in the block ) which is problematic , coz i sent a zero fee txn and its taking a lot of time to confirm

there is no option to select between zero free ( slower txn ) and normal fee of 0.00005 ( normal fee based on the data in the block ) which is problematic , coz i sent a zero fee txn and its taking a lot of time to confirm

What you seem to be asking for is that the android app should look at the current block and determine if there is room left in it for zero fee transactions. Since the app is an SPV (Simplified Payment Verification) app, it doesn't get full block information nor does it keep track of what is in the mempool. Neither does it know what individual settings that miners have concerning how many free transactions are allowed in a block (Dash Core allows such settings to be customization for the miner). A particular miner can actually set their system to not allow for free transactions and when they mine blocks, those transactions will have to wait until the next block with a miner that does allow them.

Zero fee transactions can take a lot of time depending on network traffic and the configurations of the various miners and mining pools out there. There is no way for this app to make the correct decision because it doesn't have enough information.

I think he wanted an option to define a custom fee, not to be limited to default and zero fee as options.

I think he wanted an option to define a custom fee, not to be limited to default and zero fee as options.

This is how the fee structure works, based what is available with DASH Wallet 5.17.2 (all fees are in Dash per kb of transaction size):
ZERO: 0.00000000 <- By default DASH miners will consider this a free transaction
ECONOMIC: 0.00000500 <- By default DASH miners will consider this a free transaction
NORMAL: 0.00001000 <- Default minimum transaction fee, any fee below this is considered free.
PRIORITY: 0.00010000 <- While higher, this fee won't get a transaction confirmed sooner because DASH is not clogged like Bitcoin.

Dash Miners by default will allow 10000 bytes of free transactions. Given how the structure works and how the DASH blocks are not full, it is not useful to manually set the transaction fee in the app. The fee ultimately is either be NORMAL or FREE. At a later point in time, if DASH gets congested or other rules change other means of setting the fees will make sense.

This is what is in Bitcoin Wallet:

ECONOMIC: 0.00050000 <- This is higher than the default minimum transaction fee of 0.000001000
NORMAL: 0.00200000
PRIORITY: 0.00400000

None of the fees in the Bitcoin Wallet app are considered free (by default). Higher fees ensure quicker confirmation.

Hi Hashengineering,

first off, I really like your app and it's usually my first gateway to introduce people to DASH.

What I would really like to see is a preview for the transaction costs in DASH and FIAT (e.g. EUR), when you're on the send page (for regular and if checked with the Instant Send Fee). I hope it's not to big of a hassle, but would make it easier for new users to see the difference between BTC and DASH.
And on a side note, I wouldn't have to get my calculator out^^

And of course, I support your proposal, and agree with the 3 month cycle.

Feature request: I would very much like to see a wallet display two fiat values. Often, someone is sending dash from one country to another i.e. the destination uses a different currency. That is, I want to see the value in both my native currency and that of the destination. Seems so obviously useful to me.

Hi Hashengineering,

first off, I really like your app and it's usually my first gateway to introduce people to DASH.

What I would really like to see is a preview for the transaction costs in DASH and FIAT (e.g. EUR), when you're on the send page (for regular and if checked with the Instant Send Fee). I hope it's not to big of a hassle, but would make it easier for new users to see the difference between BTC and DASH.
And on a side note, I wouldn't have to get my calculator out^^

And of course, I support your proposal, and agree with the 3 month cycle.

This is do able and probably with very little changes to the code. I will try to figure it out for a future update this month.

Also, this pre-proposal thread was for a proposal that was approved in April or May and the three months has expired. I am now a Dash Core Contractor.

This is an interesting idea. Would the 2nd local currency value need to be displayed in all the places that the first one is or only the Send or Request coins screens?

This is an interesting idea. Would the 2nd local currency value need to be displayed in all the places that the first one is or only the Send or Request coins screens?

For me, I want to see dual currency during the send process.

As for transaction history, it would be useful if the two fiat values were recorded with each transaction i.e. how much I sent and how much was received at the other end.

Back