• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH Español, spanish information hub

JZA

Hi. I am JZA from the Bitcuners group in Cancun. I was lead on the Dash in Cancun project which we feel was highly successful. We have been planing this continuation of outreach for a while now and finally have all the pieces to launch our latest proposal together. This proposal will benefit and increase the adoption, not only in Latin America but of DASH world wide.
H1OMoPxSZ.jpg

I am the admin of Facebook DASH (Dinero Digital) and DASH (Digital Cash) groups as well as co-admin of DASH En Español fb page. I am also part of a crypto enthusiast group in Cancun called Bitcuners which successfully did an event recently in Cancun for merchant adoption. You can read an article about the event from one of the assistants.

Today we are launching (landing page) http://dashespanol.com

We are starting our network of bloggers, podcasters and experts to provide educational training materials as well as social media to inform the community. With a current network of 5 guys we are starting our network from around the globe. At the moment we have 1 designer, 1 producer, 2 bloggers, and 1 podcaster.

Latin America is a big adopter and player of cryptocurrency with many countries experiencing with tight economic and monetary regulation. Cryptocurrency has been a great opportunity for users to escape the failed economies, extreme corruption and political impunity.

We hope to provide well documented information and get good quality equipment and video editors and produce original work for the DASH network.

What we want
We want to go have this grow, however we want to ask the DASH network for support in acquiring equipment, and some rewards to our team. We are looking for a one month payment of 57 DASH.

• Daily news article in Spanish.
  • Weekly podcast on our brand new youtube DASH Español channel
  • Weekly opinion blog with summary of the week's event around DASH
  • Art and gallery expo for DASH aficionados
  • Reward and marketing projects and contests
  • Grassroot event rewards
At the moment we will start with the blogs and podcasts as we organize the teams and get the necessary information to get this wheels turning. We don't want to overpromise and underdeliver but we do see that there are some desired things we could achieve with relative ease since we have the necessary communication channels.

Cost distribution

Some of the things we want might need some fixed costs including equipment, location and other related costs.
  • Video recording equipment 10 dash
  • Production costs 2.5 dash
  • Web development cost 8 dash
  • Location rent 4 dash
  • Team rewards 22.5 dash
  • Marketing/Advertising/SEO 5 dash
  • Proposal cost 5 dash
  • Total: 57 dash
This will allow the community to get better quality information on their native language. We also want to push new ideas that can be integrated into the network.

Technical Notes
We want to build a CMS site using Django CMS hosted on Digital Ocean's Load Bancer on recurrent droplet network, able to handle a heavy load of traffic.
Site will be suing material design layouts with integration to the discuss commenting system.
Video material will be shot in 1080p, with high quality hardware based compression for online distribution.

Studio will be enabled with a high availability fiber network for fast upload of videos.

About the Team
JZA - Production, Webdev
Marilu - Podcast host
Blogger 1 - Silvio
Blogger 2 - Caotic
Blogger 3 - TBA

The Bitcuners group in Cancun Mexico are still actively promoting Dash to local businesses and are awaiting the latest wallet update which will allow Kodaxx’s POS to run smoothly. We are an army waiting for supplies and marching orders. Although we have many merchants already using Dash, the merchants with more complex inventory systems, etc… are looking forward to the Dash POS. which needs a few capabilities from the Core team’s next release.

Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to serving Dash again soon.

Last edited:
Would like to see more details on estore, how quickly it will be up and if it will be exclusively Dash or allow fiat purchases as well, or other alts.

Well is an idea of 'it would be nice to have' to eventually have the site self-sustainable to pay for the bandwith is also an experiment to show if a store can make it with only crypto. Yes the idea is to have DASH only although most payment gateways are more of all crypto (like a bitpay, blockcyphers or Shapeshift checkout button). Unless we develop it in house which would be something more of a different project altogether.
The main idea for the store is also marketing and having people have DASH T-shirts and caps at a relative low price so its easy to spread the word about DASH. (avoiding international shipping fees and customs across Latin America)

Those were the details I was looking for, not sure if a merchant website can be sustained with Dash Merchandise alone, I certainly am not going to try to limit myself that way, to be self-sustaining you should add local items that people already buy with pesos or dollars.

Well is an idea of 'it would be nice to have' to eventually have the site self-sustainable to pay for the bandwith is also an experiment to show if a store can make it with only crypto. Yes the idea is to have DASH only although most payment gateways are more of all crypto (like a bitpay, blockcyphers or Shapeshift checkout button). Unless we develop it in house which would be something more of a different project altogether.
The main idea for the store is also marketing and having people have DASH T-shirts and caps at a relative low price so its easy to spread the word about DASH. (avoiding international shipping fees and customs across Latin America)

Take a look at http://anypay.global/ I don't think it's released yet but worth to keep an eye one. They way i understand it it's basically bitpay but for Dash.

Thanks we have been adjusting the budget to the needs we will have regarding our team. Team will have a 3 bloggers and 1 podcaster. Adjusting the team reward but also reducing equipment cost and the payment times to one month.

Wow, this proposal is far reaching. I'm hoping you (JZA et al) will be working their way toward becoming a "DAO" arm of Dash. Meaning, if you're willing, one of the points of funding which support grass roots projects. And this proposal looks like a great way to increase your exposure to Dash Masternodes. To me, it's very important that we get teams outside of Europe USA and Canada. And mostly English. After Chinese, Spanish is the most widely spoken language in the world, above English. Reaching the Spanish speaking world is beyond important, it's imperative.

I was just watching Joel's interview of Ian Freeman and Mr. Freeman cleared up, for me, the why of inviting and encouraging people to move to New Hampshire. It's easier to get a single area to start moving and voting, etc... for libertarian ideals and move things forward when they are concentrated in one area. Instinctively, I felt Cancun could do this. Not with people moving there, but because of need. Big tourist town, and a need to avoid all that money exchanging. At first, merchants would want to accept Dash to avoid all the fees. Tourists would start seeing all the "Dash accepted here" and take home new knowledge "hey, if you're going to Cancun, get some Dash to use to pay for things. It'll save you a bundle!" Then Merchants will start to find they can buy supplies with Dash, Tourists will start to realize they can use their Dash from home, etc... Really, it's the same idea. And What Cancun has, like Acapulco has, is an active crypto community.... and JZA! When you see a hard working, passionate person like JZA, you want to keep him!

Actually, another project I'd like to see you do is fund merchant support in Cancun for the businesses you on board. I hope you're thinking of this?? I know you have a lot of technical people in Bitcuners, so I'm sure you can do this when the POS is up and running :)

So yes yes YES!

Last edited:
Why is this different from all the other "give me money and I'll make video" proposals?

Because, It's JZA and we know him!

We paid him $1,400.00 per attendee to present Dash and other cryptos... A big "success"!

We pay each and every attendee at his meetup group between $100 and $200 every time they meet at their Bitcoin labeled group with their bitcoin logo and talk about crypto.

Hell yes!

I think it is a great idea to provide DASH content in multiple languages. However, I wonder if this might be done more effectively by adding Spanish contributors to Dash Force News. Has this been considered or discussed with them?

Also, if DASH is going to fund a Spanish language portal I think the URL for that portal should be owned by a DASH DAO. I did a whois lookup on dashespanol.com, but it is WhoisGuard Protected. Who currently owns this domain?

I love the enthusiasm to promote DASH in Latin America, but let's discuss how to keep our branding and messaging unified.

How do you get that, @IronVape ? They don't get paid for meet-ups, and they ran a big campaign in Cancun, which got a lot of attention. Unfortunately, at the time of planning, Kodaxx said he'd have a POS working, then he decided to withhold it until the next version of Dash Core comes out due to some code that needs to be in the wallet. That left the Bitcuners with no POS to promote, so it's an ongoing project for some of the bigger businesses. Still they pulled through 100% professional.

Why not do it with Dash Force? Because Dash Force already has so much on their plate. And it's a whole different audience and demographic. Besides, Dash is more robust with more satellite organizations. The question should be, why do you protest? Why do you exaggerate the cost and malign their work?

Why is this different from all the other "give me money and I'll make video" proposals?

Because, It's JZA and we know him!

We paid him $1,400.00 per attendee to present Dash and other cryptos... A big "success"!

We pay each and every attendee at his meetup group between $100 and $200 every time they meet at their Bitcoin labeled group with their bitcoin logo and talk about crypto.

Hell yes!

Hi @IronVape, hows it going? well we have asked for sponsorship from DASH in order to grow. And because we have done so and we are able to do much more things with those DASH. Including our Business Development campaign. Now we want to do something more for the network on a global scale rather than a local event. Is true, there has been somewhat overpaying but that's mainly because the price fluctuation of DASH which has happened for ever single proposal. I don't see why our proposal is different from others that were overpayed because their DASH request value went up 50% by the time they got their reward? Please explain the difference?

Now we want to produce a show, and we want to have bloggers localizing most of the information that DASH news into Spanish because of the large potential it has. We could harvest new talent like Daniel Diaz and-or Fernando into our crypto as well as attract maybe larger businesses across latin america.

Maybe in the future we could give talks across LaTam and have a large following like Amanda did in Anarchapulco. But that will happen if we start doing things NOW and have the right equipment now so we can produce such content right away. Of course if DASH goes up, we could plan new and better things, but I think at least we proved from the past proposal that:
  1. We didn't took the money and ran.
  2. We plan to keep working with DASH and make this grow.
Like I said I have been promoting DASH way before I made any proposals to the network, and worked with @tungfa and others to localize many things like the major press articles or the past and current DASH.org site into spanish. You can check the history on my forum profile or on the Spanish forum to verify that. Likewise you can check the work on FB posting and reposting on DASH Espanol fb page since last year.

I also localize many of the minor dash campaigns from many DASH actors like @stellabelle art contest. And Amanda's DASH School videos, subtitles.

Not all the work has come from me, but from the Bitcuners group members such as
@SilvioHick who is currently the DASH spokesperson for DASH outreach and gets payed from core and handle the @ComunidadDASH on Twitter as well as has handle most of the wiki localization for DASH wiki Atlassian.

Last edited:
I think it is a great idea to provide DASH content in multiple languages. However, I wonder if this might be done more effectively by adding Spanish contributors to Dash Force News. Has this been considered or discussed with them?

Also, if DASH is going to fund a Spanish language portal I think the URL for that portal should be owned by a DASH DAO. I did a whois lookup on dashespanol.com, but it is WhoisGuard Protected. Who currently owns this domain?

I love the enthusiasm to promote DASH in Latin America, but let's discuss how to keep our branding and messaging unified.

Well that idea was brought up but nothing really was concluded. On the other side we have much different goals in the short term. Also there is the argument for centralization and how efficient is that when there is a high level of redtape to come up with new ideas. Like Evan said in an interview, we need to grow exponentially rather than linear.

As for the domain, I picked it up to have something to show for the pre-proposal as an MVP. I am not sure what you mean owned by DASH DAO? You mean core? I could talk with @tungfa about it. But again, that is funny that one person doesnt like that our logo looks like Bitcoin and another doesnt like that our domain says DASH. I guess you can never please everyone. If the domain was bitcunersnews.com I can bet that someone will raise hell because of funding other people's businesses.

You have to agree the similarity of your logo to the Bitcoin logo is very frustrating for this community!

Why don't you ditch it?

Replace it with something else. You could rebrand Bitcuners. I think you would be wise to do so. The future is Dash. Bitcoin will fade.

Darkcoin rebranded to Dash

That was a much bigger task than rebranding your group.

Please seriously consider my suggestion!

Back