• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[prepoposal] Dash Debit Card ready by Mid-April

Shall we release the DASH debit card within 3 weeks?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
How long for a physical card to arrive in brasil?

So far we have seen everything from 3 to 14 working days. I think it depends where exactly you live and how good the local post service it. We sent one card to the very north of Fortaleza which took 9 days. But we found out that the person really lived in the middle of nowhere. So I assume if you are in Sao Paulo or Rio, it is rather on the low end. From our end, we mail the card the same day we receive the order.

In-app NFC tap&pay still not active, right?

Also, KYC is done on per-case basis and until then, the spending limit is $3k per month?

Trying the app...

Awesome, looking forward to your feedback.

In-app NFC tap&pay still not active, right?

Correct, we have some test-users who already can use it, so we see if all the API is working, but expect to have it rolled out fully by end of April.

Also, KYC is done on per-case basis and until then, the spending limit is $3k per month?
Correct, without KYC you can only spend 1K per transaction and 3K per month. WITH KYC this would fall away.

Sounds good.

If i deposit 1 Dash to my card account,
and 1 Dash value(rate) is 100€, how much
i get in real value in my card?

Does this card work ok if i live in Finland,
but card is issued to Singapore?

Thanks.

Sounds good.

If i deposit 1 Dash to my card account,
and 1 Dash value(rate) is 100€, how much
i get in real value in my card?

Does this card work ok if i live in Finland,
but card is issued to Singapore?

Thanks.

Thank you for your question. As mentioned in a comment above, we leave the crypto in crypto. So if you deposit crypto (e.g. 1 Dash), you will have Dash in our TenX wallet. Assume you go to any store in the world, it can be in Finland or anywhere else and you use your TenX card, then in THIS VERY MOMENT the best available exchange rate is used to spend your Dash in fiat.

Does that make sense?

Would you be able to ship these cards direct to US?

Would people be able to set up accounts from US?

How long would shipping time be to US? Is it direct from you?

These are things that MANY would like to know, as the main issue right now is a physical dash debit card that can be used in US. @CharlieShrem is tackling this problem with his card. I want to know if this will be a valuable possibility as well for the US market, and who can verify your legitimacy? Perhaps work with @babygiraffe to finalize this!

Thank you for your question. As mentioned in a comment above, we leave the crypto in crypto. So if you deposit crypto (e.g. 1 Dash), you will have Dash in our TenX wallet. Assume you go to any store in the world, it can be in Finland or anywhere else and you use your TenX card, then in THIS VERY MOMENT the best available exchange rate is used to spend your Dash in fiat.

Does that make sense?
Yes, but how much i can spend if have that one Dash, which is at that time exchage valued 100€ and i want buy something, in Euros?

Would you be able to ship these cards direct to US?

Would people be able to set up accounts from US?

How long would shipping time be to US? Is it direct from you?

These are things that MANY would like to know, as the main issue right now is a physical dash debit card that can be used in US. @CharlieShrem is tackling this problem with his card. I want to know if this will be a valuable possibility as well for the US market, and who can verify your legitimacy? Perhaps work with @babygiraffe to finalise this!

At this very moment we do not do KYC checks as a standard process. That is why right now, we discourage not necessarily prohibit US users, to get our TenX cards. Saying that, this is an issue we are actually solving with lawyers these very days, as we feel we are on the safe side, but rather safe than sorry.

We are shipping cards all over the world nevertheless and we do see a clear road to offer these DASH Debit cards also to US users.

Verifying our legitimacy it depends on what you are looking for exactly:
  • That we guys exist? Happy to do a live broadcast with our team.
  • That our app works? Just download it and try our app with Bitcoin on Android.
  • That we can handle the Dash integration? We've had a few Dash Masternodes live for quite some time already. The actual integration into our app is similar to Bitcoin, as Dash is a fork. So the RPC is the same.
I personally do not know @babygiraffe, but happy to get "verified" through her/him.

Let me know if any further questions, happy to answer.

At this very moment we do not do KYC checks as a standard process. That is why right now, we discourage not necessarily prohibit US users, to get our TenX cards. Saying that, this is an issue we are actually solving with lawyers these very days, as we feel we are on the safe side, but rather safe than sorry.

We are shipping cards all over the world nevertheless and we do see a clear road to offer these DASH Debit cards also to US users.

Verifying our legitimacy it depends on what you are looking for exactly:
  • That we guys exist? Happy to do a live broadcast with our team.
  • That our app works? Just download it and try our app with Bitcoin on Android.
  • That we can handle the Dash integration? We've had a few Dash Masternodes live for quite some time already. The actual integration into our app is similar to Bitcoin, as Dash is a fork. So the RPC is the same.
I personally do not know @babygiraffe, but happy to get "verified" through her/him.

Let me know if any further questions, happy to answer.

! I would vote in favor if US is possible. I will not sit here and grill you on legitimacy, and I like what I am seeing. I do hope that the core team recognizes this proposal and gives some feedback or inquiry.

100€ ?
So i'm asking your fee.

We do NOT charge fees. Please understand that it is not always possible to charge the exact same exchange rate you might find on Google or an exchange since there might be small time delays, but we only work with the fees from the merchant.

! I would vote in favor if US is possible. I will not sit here and grill you on legitimacy, and I like what I am seeing. I do hope that the core team recognizes this proposal and gives some feedback or inquiry.

We totally understand that and trust me when I say that we are working on this very hard. To be honest, we are quite confident even with the current setup we could already encourage US based users to sign up, but we want to be double protected. That is why we do NOT prohibit but rather discourage US based users atm. Be assured that within the next few weeks we will have this working.

We do NOT charge fees. Please understand that it is not always possible to charge the exact same exchange rate you might find on Google or an exchange since there might be small time delays, but we only work with the fees from the merchant.
Ok, thanks, that sounds very nice.

Back