• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Baikal New miner Giant-A900 Now open for sale

I bought mine from asicminermarket.com. On that same page, they say that their Skype is: yangrongdai and their wechat (IM) is 18682180435. On that same page, I've sent them an email through the 'Contact Us' link. I'll try to get an answer on their WeChat.

I want to set a static ip for baikal A900. Please help me. Thanks everyone.
Are you already connected to the Baikal? If so, post screenshots of what the interface is to help you out. I found a tutorial, but they don't explicitly say how to change your miner's IP address to static. But there should be an IP Settings or something to that effect, if it's even posible.

https://www.eastshore.xyz/tutorial-baikal-giant-a900-x11-miner-900mh-217w-dash-miner/
https://www.eastshore.xyz/how-to-scan-out-the-configuration-ip-address-of-the-miner/

Each time I restarted ip again jump. I want fixed ip for easy management. I found the tutorial but no link to download this software.

Each time I restarted ip again jump. I want fixed ip for easy management. I found the tutorial but no link to download this software.
Download what software? The IP tracker? Please be more complete with your answers, as I'm not sure exactly which step you need help with.

I don't know what the baikal interface looks like, so you're going to try to find an IP settings or something on your web interface.
If you don't find it and can't configure your miner to a static address, you can limit your range of DCHP pool address to be just 1. So you're sure that the only IP address that will get assign to your miner is the one you determine. Obviously, this is cumbersome because you'll need to assign static IP addresses to all of your other devices connected to your router (phone, computer, etc). But that's the only way I can think of.

E.g.
Miner IP address: 192.168.1.137 (dynamic)
Router IP address: 192.168.1.1
PC IP Address: 192.168.1.2 (static)

Then configure your router to assign IP addresses via DHCP in this range:
192.168.1.137 - 192.168.1.137.

If you have 2 routers, you can actually use a dedicated router with the configuration above for your miner, and then connected to another router which will have DCHP for more devices, which you will connect all your other devices (PC, mobile phone, etc)

Hi everyone,
I hope it is okay that I'm posting this question in this thread. (I'm a noob)

I'm currently looking to purchase a Baikal Giant A900, but nearly everywhere appears to be sold out.

I have followed up with:
AsicMinerMarket - Sold Out (E-mailed requesting restocking dates)
EastShore - Sold Out (E-mailed requesting restocking dates)

I would consider purchasing directly from Baikal, but since they reqire to be paid in Bitcoin or Dash, I've figured this isn't the best/easiest for myself. I live in Canada, and would need to exchange into USD, then again into BTC or DASH, costing more money each exchange. The least amount of currencies involved, the better (CAD - USD). Aside from purchasing from a Canadian site (Bitcoinware net) requesting $4,000, are there any other trusted online retailers I could purchase a unit from, which is currently in-stock?

I've looked at as-shop, su, but believe this to be a scam. SU is Soviet Union, and it says their building location is in some big fancy complex in Costa Mesa California. Pretty sure it's not legitimate.
The only remaining site I've been able to find with the A900 In-Stock, is Alibaba, which I've never purchased from (not sure to trust), and their online stores are reporting 10,000 units available each, which is very hard to believe. I would prefer to avoid this route if possible.

If anyone knows of another trusted site, or even retailer in North America, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll be in the U.S. later this month, so I'm fine with Canada or U.S., pending the price is fairly similar to the manufacturer.

Hi everyone,
I hope it is okay that I'm posting this question in this thread. (I'm a noob)

I'm currently looking to purchase a Baikal Giant A900, but nearly everywhere appears to be sold out.

I have followed up with:
AsicMinerMarket - Sold Out (E-mailed requesting restocking dates)
EastShore - Sold Out (E-mailed requesting restocking dates)

I would consider purchasing directly from Baikal, but since they reqire to be paid in Bitcoin or Dash, I've figured this isn't the best/easiest for myself. I live in Canada, and would need to exchange into USD, then again into BTC or DASH, costing more money each exchange. The least amount of currencies involved, the better (CAD - USD). Aside from purchasing from a Canadian site (Bitcoinware net) requesting $4,000, are there any other trusted online retailers I could purchase a unit from, which is currently in-stock?

I've looked at as-shop, su, but believe this to be a scam. SU is Soviet Union, and it says their building location is in some big fancy complex in Costa Mesa California. Pretty sure it's not legitimate.
The only remaining site I've been able to find with the A900 In-Stock, is Alibaba, which I've never purchased from (not sure to trust), and their online stores are reporting 10,000 units available each, which is very hard to believe. I would prefer to avoid this route if possible.

If anyone knows of another trusted site, or even retailer in North America, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll be in the U.S. later this month, so I'm fine with Canada or U.S., pending the price is fairly similar to the manufacturer.

Last I heard (few days ago), Baikal was also out of stock on all miners. Even if they weren't I'd still be hesitant to buy from them, because, contrary to PayPal, I can't ask for a charge back if I never get the unit / something bad happens.

Anyway, I was able to find this one in Alibaba (not sure if it's the same as AliExpress, though). I also can't advocate for any particular vendor, as I'm a noob as well. Hope this helps.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/X11-miner-900M-Baikal-Giant-A900_60607282337.html

Thanks mrearthbound.

I've contacted a seller on Alibaba (they request contact, and don't offer a 'Buy' option), even though I would prefer to avoid this route.
Do you (or anyone) have any experience using Alibaba or AliExpress? Any personal info aside from reading online reviews would be much appreciated.

Also, what do some of you use for your PSU?
I've been looking at grabbing a EVGA for myself, but wonder if anyone has a better idea. Either looking at a <500w 80+ Bronze with 2x 8pin, or might consider a >650w 80+ Bronze with 4x 8pin, in case I'd like to add a second unit down the road.

I contacted them and they said they out of stock of all the types

I don't know when the gonna have it available

I contacted them and they said they out of stock of all the types

I don't know when the gonna have it available
I'm on the same boat as you are. Ordered mine over a week ago and they said that they still don't have it in stock, or any X11 ASIC in stock, for that matter. Contacted someone from Alibaba and they also don't know when they'll have an ASIC in stock.

I ordered 10 Giants directly from Baikal (via mail) a couple of weeks ago just before they became out of stock. Got them all up and running. They work like a charm... ill put up some picture of my setup and hashrates after 24 hours running. They mine well over intended Hashrates as you can see in the picture.
IMG_1067.JPG
hashrates24.png

Update: They have been running for 5 days straight now. No problems.

I ordered 10 Giants directly from Baikal (via mail) a couple of weeks ago just before they became out of stock. Got them all up and running. They work like a charm... ill put up some picture of my setup and hashrates after 24 hours running. They mine well over intended Hashrates as you can see in the picture.View attachment 3134 View attachment 3135

Update: They have been running for 5 days straight now. No problems.
Nice! Thanks for the info. I'll ordered just 1 Giant A900 Baikal from asicminermarket. Communication is almost non-existing now. Haven't shipped the product. Not worried because I paid with PayPal, so I'll likely get my money back without much hassle.

Communication with Baikal is more straight forward, but they only take BTC or wire transfer (yuk!). So I'm was a little hesitant on ordering. They say that they have ~200 ASICs on back order, and if you place an order now, you'll probably get it shipped within a month.

I chatted with Susan on WeChat, which I believe I got it from the baikal official site. But when asked if she works for Baikal, she just said that their company is reponsible for sales. So not really a straight answer.

Nice! Thanks for the info. I'll ordered just 1 Giant A900 Baikal from asicminermarket. Communication is almost non-existing now. Haven't shipped the product. Not worried because I paid with PayPal, so I'll likely get my money back without much hassle.

Communication with Baikal is more straight forward, but they only take BTC or wire transfer (yuk!). So I'm was a little hesitant on ordering. They say that they have ~200 ASICs on back order, and if you place an order now, you'll probably get it shipped within a month.

I chatted with Susan on WeChat, which I believe I got it from the baikal official site. But when asked if she works for Baikal, she just said that their company is reponsible for sales. So not really a straight answer.

My personal communication with Baikal was in better words "excellent". i payed them over 19k usd in BTC after a few e-mails talking about orders. It was my first time ordering aswell but after seeing so much positive feedback about their customer service i never felt i was going to lose my money. They are a well respected company in the industry. Baikal Customer Service anwsered all my question and i felt taken care off. I would recommend them over any other hardware miner seller. Ive been in contact with asicminermarket aswell and communication was horrible.

And the day after i ordered i got tracking number from baikal saying the shipment was underway. I live in a Country in Northern Europe. Shipping from China to my doorstep was 3 days.

Last edited:

What is the site that you used Paypal with ?

Hi,

I am looking to sell my miners- I have a number of Baikal -Minis, Quads and Giants. I have had the Giants for 4 months and have done well with them.

They are in perfect working order and have been run inside an office building. Can send pics etc.

I will sell them at a discount to the last prices listed with Baikal. Message me if your interested to work out the details.

Payment in Dash.

Since you are buying off a random internet guy I suggest we arrange some type of escrow. I havnt sold like this before so not sure of the exact service but Im sure we can find a suitable solution.

Hi,

I am looking to sell my miners- I have a number of Baikal -Minis, Quads and Giants. I have had the Giants for 4 months and have done well with them.

They are in perfect working order and have been run inside an office building. Can send pics etc.

I will sell them at a discount to the last prices listed with Baikal. Message me if your interested to work out the details.

Payment in Dash.

Since you are buying off a random internet guy I suggest we arrange some type of escrow. I havnt sold like this before so not sure of the exact service but Im sure we can find a suitable solution.

I'm interested in the Giant! Why are you selling them?

Hi, I have EVGA 1300w power supply use it for Antminer R4 which consume nearly 820 watts Which mean that it have a surplus of approximately 500 watts, my question is can I connect Baikal Giant-A900 X11 Miner 900MH Which it is needs 217 watts with the same power supply Supply?
thank you in advance

Hi, I have EVGA 1300w power supply use it for Antminer R4 which consume nearly 820 watts Which mean that it have a surplus of approximately 500 watts, my question is can I connect Baikal Giant-A900 X11 Miner 900MH Which it is needs 217 watts with the same power supply Supply?
thank you in advance

Yes you can, but its best if you have own psu for each device. Say you buy a 650 or 750/850 EVGA G2 or G3 for your Baikal. Then you can run it in "eco" mode and save electricity for a more stable operation. Or even buy a 850 G2/3 evga if you are going to buy more A900 Giants in the future, you can daisy chain connect them together later with your psu.

Look at my picture above. I have 2 sets of 3 baikal Giants running off an 850 G3 in daisy chain mode and 4 Giants running off an 1k evga psu.

Yes you can, but its best if you have own psu for each device. Say you buy a 650 or 750/850 EVGA G2 or G3 for your Baikal. Then you can run it in "eco" mode and save electricity for a more stable operation. Or even buy a 850 G2/3 evga if you are going to buy more A900 Giants in the future, you can daisy chain connect them together later with your psu.

Look at my picture above. I have 2 sets of 3 baikal Giants running off an 850 G3 in daisy chain mode and 4 Giants running off an 1k evga psu.

Thank you so much for replay i have one Giant-A900 and one Baikal mine miner with
ATX PCI-E PCI Express PCIE 6pin to 5pcs DC 5.5X2.1mm Plugs i attach a picture for the cable but i never use it so if I bought 1k evga PSU can I use those miners I have with it Without any problems is that ok to using the devices need a little power with high watts power supply? because Gaint miner use about 217 watts and the mini miners use 40watts, I wish you could explain to me this thing because I do not have experience with that

Attachments

• HTB1u2YpPXXXXXbTXXXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg
    HTB1u2YpPXXXXXbTXXXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 194
Back