• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent Problems with Dash Electrum

tlogs

Hello team,

I hope all is well today. I recently (within the last month) downloaded Dash Electrum (2.4.1 I believe) and sent a non-trivial amount of DASH to that wallet. All of the DASH receipts show up in the Electrum wallet, and the balance updates properly.

Recently I went to send those DASH to another address, however whenever I initiate a transaction, it shows up as 'pending,' subtracting from my balance but never confirmed on the blockchain.

To troubleshoot, I've already changed my network node connection to electrum.masternode.io and electrum.dash.org or whatever was suggested by another post I found here in the forum.

Recently, I was unable to find the original Electrum download I utilized, it seems to have been removed from both the Dash and Electrum websites.... Hopefully that doesn't mean the developers took it down because it was a completed f*cked release.....

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

The solution is in progress. Closer than you think. Just stay calm. Devs are aware of the problem and working on it.

The solution is in progress. Closer than you think. Just stay calm. Devs are aware of the problem and working on it.
Do you know of a dash application where I could easily import my private keys via .txt backup file from electrum?

Do you know of a dash application where I could easily import my private keys via .txt backup file from electrum?

there is a way
but all i know it is complicate (above my pay grade definitely)
i had a bunch of requests via email about the same problem and i am advising these guys to hang tight and just wait until this is sorted from the Dev's
(coins are save - no stress)

I think he was trying to take a profit on the market and got hamstrung... Now it dropped as he waits...
Pretty much.. but it in all seriousness I'm worried about not being able to send my funds at the moment... I know they're there. Is there any guidance or information for the electrum users who are apparently stuck in limbo? If this was ethereum and I was using a light wallet like myetherwallet.com I would simply switch to something like MetaMask, but I'm unable to find any easy process for uploading my Electrum wallet elsewhere.

there is a way
i had a bunch of requests via email about the same problem and i am advising these guys to hang tight and just wait until this is sorted from the Dev's
Hello, any update on Electrum? THanks!

there is a way
So I've been doing some experimenting and it doesn't seem that the backup from my Electrum wallet (.json or .CSV file only 3KB) is able to replace the wallet.dat file in Dash Core. Is there anywhere that an Electrum wallet backup is upload-able?

So I've been doing some experimenting and it doesn't seem that the backup from my Electrum wallet (.json or .CSV file only 3KB) is able to replace the wallet.dat file in Dash Core. Is there anywhere that an Electrum wallet backup is upload-able?
Yes, you can export Private Keys to json/csv but no, you can't just replace wallet.dat with that. However, you can open it in any text editor to copy private keys and then import them into Dash Core via Console command importprivkey.

I have a substantial amount of dashcoin stuck as unconfirmed with this error and as others have mentioned in previous thread I'm losing money as the price goes down.

I followed a different thread and downloaded 2.6.4 on ubuntu. I was then able to send 0.2 dash to an address that was confirmed so I then sent a substantial amount after the first transaction went through and I now have two batches of unconfirmed transactions stuck!!!!!!

Can someone please help .

EDIT: I can't find my transaction ID on block explorer

Also tried recovering my wallet on windows but it isn't connecting (v 2.4.1)

Last edited:
Yes, you can export Private Keys to json/csv but no, you can't just replace wallet.dat with that. However, you can open it in any text editor to copy private keys and then import them into Dash Core via Console command importprivkey.

how to run the console command? how to getinto the console?

I download the core unzipted and ran dash-qt (it is synchronizing) so is the console the dash-cli ? core wallet does not have simple menu option for importing keys? so is this going to even work after importing the keys how do i tell it to resend the transaction?

the electrum-dash wallet worked a month ago but now its not. tried to move some dash to exodus wallet but its stuck in pending. exodus sees the new dash but there is no such transaction on the blockchain. There is no hope of dash going to go main stream if wallets suddenly stop working the core function of sending and receiving coins should be backward forward compatible no matter what version the blockchain is on.

I download the core unzipted and ran dash-qt (it is synchronizing) so is the console the dash-cli ? core wallet does not have simple menu option for importing keys? so is this going to even work after importing the keys how do i tell it to resend the transaction?

the electrum-dash wallet worked a month ago but now its not. tried to move some dash to exodus wallet but its stuck in pending. exodus sees the new dash but there is no such transaction on the blockchain. There is no hope of dash going to go main stream if wallets suddenly stop working the core function of sending and receiving coins should be backward forward compatible no matter what version the blockchain is on.

Export your keys in electrum-wallet. You'll notice one is the address and the other is the private key and there will be multiple pairs. You don't need all of them, just the addresses that received dash but if you want to be on the safe side you should import all of them.

Then open dash-qt and click on Tools / Debug console - and type importprivkey "<privatekey>".

You'll need to do this for every private key manually, you can't enter more than one at once.

Once dash-qt synchronises the block chain you should have all your Dash and you can re-send any transactions.

Export your keys in electrum-wallet. You'll notice one is the address and the other is the private key and there will be multiple pairs. You don't need all of them, just the addresses that received dash but if you want to be on the safe side you should import all of them.

Then open dash-qt and click on Tools / Debug console - and type importprivkey "<privatekey>".

You'll need to do this for every private key manually, you can't enter more than one at once.

Once dash-qt synchronises the block chain you should have all your Dash and you can re-send any transactions.

When I try and import private key from Electrum into Dash core using these instructions I only end up getting an error message:
Method not found (code -32601). What am I doing wrong?

When I try and import private key from Electrum into Dash core using these instructions I only end up getting an error message:
Method not found (code -32601). What am I doing wrong?

Are you definitely using the right command?

Normally if you are in the console and you start typing import - it should pop up a list of commands you can choose which includes importprivkey

Can you take a screenshot and send it please? (Make sure you hide the private key you are pasting.)

Also try importprivkey "PRIVATEKEYADDRESS" or importprivkey PRIVATEKEYADDRESS with and without quote marks.
where PRIVATEKEYADDRESS = your address.

Are you definitely using the right command?

Normally if you are in the console and you start typing import - it should pop up a list of commands you can choose which includes importprivkey

Can you take a screenshot and send it please? (Make sure you hide the private key you are pasting.)

Also try importprivkey "PRIVATEKEYADDRESS" or importprivkey PRIVATEKEYADDRESS with and without quote marks.
where PRIVATEKEYADDRESS = your address.

: ) OK thanks, I was entering the importprivkey and then pasting the private key by itself on a new command line (like a noob, I have no idea).
It seemed to work but it wasn't a recieve key, I have over 60 lines of private keys in my .csv file, so does that mean I have to do this process for every single key listed? (I don't know how to differentiate between a send or a recieve).
Does that make sense?

: ) OK thanks, I was entering the importprivkey and then pasting the private key by itself on a new command line (like a noob, I have no idea).
It seemed to work but it wasn't a recieve key, I have over 60 lines of private keys in my .csv file, so does that mean I have to do this process for every single key listed? (I don't know how to differentiate between a send or a recieve).
Does that make sense?

If you didn't have a lot of transactions it will be fairly easy. You can go to the electrum wallet and check under receiving addresses for which one you got funds. Import your .csv file in your spreadsheet program, when you import make sure to select commas or something similar for the columns to separate each other - there will be 2 columns, the addresses and the keys. You can then highlight the addresses and keys for which you had a balance for.

When you do importprivkey "<privatekey>" at the console, you will need to remove the guillemets < > and only keep the quotation marks "privatekey" that's what worked for me. If you keep the <> i got an error message.

Hope that helps :)

If you didn't have a lot of transactions it will be fairly easy. You can go to the electrum wallet and check under receiving addresses for which one you got funds. Import your .csv file in your spreadsheet program, when you import make sure to select commas or something similar for the columns to separate each other - there will be 2 columns, the addresses and the keys. You can then highlight the addresses and keys for which you had a balance for.

When you do importprivkey "<privatekey>" at the console, you will need to remove the guillemets < > and only keep the quotation marks "privatekey" that's what worked for me. If you keep the <> i got an error message.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for that, I'd already gone through importing the 60+ privkeys individually b4 getting your post (took half the night).
Appreciate the help though. All my dash is accessible in Dash core now, which is a nice feeling, even though intellectually I understood my electrum dash was safe, it's nice to have it at the ready. Much appreciated : )

I was able to do as you say, exported the private key and imported it into the dash core wallet. was able to get everything back up and corrected. thanks to help from this fourm

Back