• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core can no longer continue safely and will quit

MrGold

I just completed all the steps of starting a Node40 master node to where it says I have 1 pending node and I need to stop and then restart my wallet and remote-start the master node. I just upgraded to 12.1 and everything was working well. But now when I attempt to restart this window comes up (this is all on maxOS Sierra Version 10.12.2):

A fatal error occurred. Dash Core can no longer continue safely and will quit.

Sometimes a different window appears with this text:

Failed to create backup, file already exists! This could happen if you restarted wallet in less than 60 seconds. You can continue if you are ok with this.

But when I click OK the first message appears.

How can I fix?

Thank you,

I just completed all the steps of starting a Node40 master node to where it says I have 1 pending node and I need to stop and then restart my wallet and remote-start the master node. I just upgraded to 12.1 and everything was working well. But now when I attempt to restart this window comes up (this is all on maxOS Sierra Version 10.12.2):

A fatal error occurred. Dash Core can no longer continue safely and will quit.

Sometimes a different window appears with this text:

Failed to create backup, file already exists! This could happen if you restarted wallet in less than 60 seconds. You can continue if you are ok with this.

But when I click OK the first message appears.

How can I fix?

Thank you,

The Dash data directory location was changed for 12.1 and some data files from 12.0 are incompatible, you need to modify some things manually. Details are here, the "users" version should cover all that's needed if your MN is hosted at Node40:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Updating+to+12.1+-+Users
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Updating+to+12.1+-+Masternodes

Hi, thanks I previously did all the steps in the "Updating+to+12.1+-+Users" guide, and all was well. What I did after that was to send myself 1000 Dash and then use that public key for Node40, and also sent the Node40 fee, which all worked without errors. Node40 now tells me that I have to start and restart my wallet and then remote-start the Master Node. I was thinking aboot preserving the new DashCore directory versions of wallet.dat and masternode.conf and redoing the v12.1 upgrade. Does that sound right? I'm confused, though, why v12.1 seemed to be working fine until that last restart. Could something have happened because I restarted the wallet within 60 seconds of quitting?

when you close the wallet it will make a backup, if you launch it right away while or just after closing you might get a warning box about the backup still running, not sure if this is related or not but good to know.

I ended up saving the wallet.dat and masternode.conf files and redoing the procedure to copy from Dash directory to DashCore and followed the instructions to let the wallet re-sync. Everything looks okay but now I can't remote start the Node40 masternode. Tried sending this message in their help window but it fails:

This pending node is ready for a remote start:

XhhZ7hAsZNegU9QawYFE2UHw924okwUj6g

But does not appear in my masternodes tab on Dash Core Wallet (12.1). When I provided the public key address to Node40 and paid the fee it gave me this line to put in my masternode.conf file:

alias 34.192.88.175:9999 7s1CmWE61e76oE52QXWKQjbHhX6JbjN13dLt7GRv5R5txmsWWxa null null

I've tried "Start Missing" but it fails to start anything. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.

should be
Code:
alias 34.192.88.175:9999 7s1CmWE61e76oE52QXWKQjbHhX6JbjN13dLt7GRv5R5txmsWWxa 836c32b8a6402e867d4572f5d84af1a329eb368c1ed7fc0f6907036350f02712 1

You should report Node40 about last null null

I ended up saving the wallet.dat and masternode.conf files and redoing the procedure to copy from Dash directory to DashCore and followed the instructions to let the wallet re-sync. Everything looks okay but now I can't remote start the Node40 masternode. Tried sending this message in their help window but it fails:

This pending node is ready for a remote start:

XhhZ7hAsZNegU9QawYFE2UHw924okwUj6g

But does not appear in my masternodes tab on Dash Core Wallet (12.1). When I provided the public key address to Node40 and paid the fee it gave me this line to put in my masternode.conf file:

alias 34.192.88.175:9999 7s1CmWE61e76oE52QXWKQjbHhX6JbjN13dLt7GRv5R5txmsWWxa null null

I've tried "Start Missing" but it fails to start anything. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.

Last edited:
should be
Code:
alias 34.192.88.175:9999 7s1CmWE61e76oE52QXWKQjbHhX6JbjN13dLt7GRv5R5txmsWWxa 836c32b8a6402e867d4572f5d84af1a329eb368c1ed7fc0f6907036350f02712 1

You should report Node40 about last null null

Hi @MrGold . I sent you a direct message. Happy to help you get that masternode up and running.

Back