• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal Idea -- Scholarships/Awards for over-achieving students?

HOLY HELL! Just had an idea hit me.

Every student has a senior project of some sort right? Every college has tech classes that do research projects and such.

Why don't we offer an ongong bounty for these kids who do projects on Dash? Hy don't we reward them for a job we'll done, and help them get an A++? We could all donate, or get some funds from the MN's, but either way this would be a great way to incentivize and promote kids that do these projects.

Just basically host links to all of the projects online somewhere, have certain projects thrown into a pot, then split the bounty to the pot, it doesn't have to be massive amount. Maybe like 100-200 bucks per bounty depending on the amount of participants.

Every student has a senior project of some sort right? Every college has tech classes that do research projects and such.

Why don't we offer an ongong bounty for these kids who do projects on Dash? Hy don't we reward them for a job we'll done, and help them get an A++? We could all donate, or get some funds from the MN's, but either way this would be a great way to incentivize and promote kids that do these projects.

Just basically host links to all of the projects online somewhere, have certain projects thrown into a pot, then split the bounty to the pot, it doesn't have to be massive amount. Maybe like 100-200 bucks per bounty depending on the amount of participants.

I could even test run this with a middle school media tech teacher I know.... i'm sure he'd be down for it.

Might be a good idea if the project include program that include dash integration, games with miner, games with wallet, etc

what do you think ?

I kept meaning to talk about this, somebody posted a video of the ether DevCon and it reminded me. I think its as great idea FTG, I know budgets are full at the moment (could any excess be put into a DashDev fund so it doesnt get burned? I might not understand how it works)

When it reaches a certain amount we could post around social media we are hosting DashDev/DashDesign comps and winners will be paid out in Dash? I would post up on some design sites and see what we get back.

I kept meaning to talk about this, somebody posted a video of the ether DevCon and it reminded me. I think its as great idea FTG, I know budgets are full at the moment (could any excess be put into a DashDev fund so it doesnt get burned? I might not understand how it works)

When it reaches a certain amount we could post around social media we are hosting DashDev/DashDesign comps and winners will be paid out in Dash? I would post up on some design sites and see what we get back.

Nope, extra funds get burned at the end of each month to make sure no money is being "printed" for no reason.

Back