• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Personal Views on the Miami Conference

With all this prioritising to be done, maybe we could vote on that? - not one at a time, but in terms of direction? At this point my preference is for mobile apps and gaming

nice roundup and thanks for sharing the conversations, would be good to hear some of the other use cases / questions too sometime.

First, there was more than one. Some were indeed well-known. However, in the interests of maintaining professionalism and trust of those investors, I feel it would be unwise to disclose names on the internet. They value their privacy, and I'm sure wouldn't want the world knowing ahead of time where they are considering investing... especially if that were disclosed by the very project they were considering investing in. So you'll just have to just trust the core team on this one as it is probably in all of our best interests to treat potential investors the way they would want to be treated... with professionalism.
I would agree. That would be very personal information and divulging that would be unprofessional if not given the ok to do so. IMHO.

Yeah, babygiraffe thnx for your input and beings there to support the team, I appreciate you`ve shared your feeling about how the conf went.
Nice piece of reading.

Ryan, thank you so much for your report. It's very encouraging to hear that things went at least as well as labitconf!

The only thing that worried me was AA's tweet injecting negativity into the conference, but apparently it did not do so. As always, ping me in Slack with anything y'all need me to work on!

Don't worry about AA's tweet, he responded to a troll, so it was rather baited. Afterwards, a team member contacted him and explained it wasn't an official stunt, and he said he had, basically - me paraphrasing - a knee-jerk reaction because he was rather annoyed with TNABC as he felt their security was lax (I take it he had a bad experience there in the past). So don't put more into the comment than it deserves. Tweets are something people just quickly react to, and it's hard to be on guard against being pulled into saying something by a troll or manipulator.

Don't worry about AA's tweet, he responded to a troll, so it was rather baited. Afterwards, a team member contacted him and explained it wasn't an official stunt, and he said he had, basically - me paraphrasing - a knee-jerk reaction because he was rather annoyed with TNABC as he felt their security was lax (I take it he had a bad experience there in the past). So don't put more into the comment than it deserves. Tweets are something people just quickly react to, and it's hard to be on guard against being pulled into saying something by a troll or manipulator.

That's good to hear, thank you! That's one of many reasons why I hate/refuse to use Twitter. lol

AA lost my respect. Had a spat with him on twitter. Anyways what kind of people use sex to sell products? Jeeez. So gross. /s

9m17O75h.jpg

His knee jerk reaction was tweeted to 400k people who may or may not have ever heard of DASH. AA's ass head knee jerk reaction is some of those people's first impression. He should rescind his statement, but he's a tribal leader so he wont. If he goes against the tribe he might lose some tribal members.

Yah, but as Tungfa just wrote, nobody else really cares :grin: Stress not my fellow Dashers! The questions about it on the BCT thread are 1. all concern trolls, not real and 2. not even observed by anyone who matters (other than our own team) Frankly, I think our work is done there, and I don't see the point in continuing that thread, but others do, so.... :rolleyes:

His knee jerk reaction was tweeted to 400k people who may or may not have ever heard of DASH. AA's ass head knee jerk reaction is some of those people's first impression. He should rescind his statement, but he's a tribal leader so he wont. If he goes against the tribe he might lose some tribal members.
He posted this https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/691678021766393856 which doesn't really make any sense since it contradicts his first statement. He tried to downplay it eventually but what's he now saying makes zero sense. He specifically singled out dash. Knee jerk reaction like you've said. He was so quick to jump the gun and retweet some the BS of some shady account created for the sole purpose of trashing Dash. I don't believe he ever bothered to say anything positive about Dash but he went out of his way to retweet that detractor.

He posted this https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/691678021766393856 which doesn't really make any sense since it contradicts his first statement. He tried to downplay it eventually but what's he now saying makes zero sense. He specifically singled out dash. Knee jerk reaction like you've said. He was so quick to jump the gun and retweet some the BS of some shady account created for the sole purpose of trashing Dash. I don't believe he ever bothered to say anything positive about Dash but he went out of his way to retweet that detractor.

lets just let this thing die out, the more we talk about it the more frustrating everyone gets. Who knows, maybe he's honestly naive? He blocked me for calling him a troll, so i'll never find out :p and I'm fine with that.

Back