• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recovering Lost Wallet

Apologies if this is not the best place to post this.

Recently I had to reinstall the operating system on my laptop (issues with a Windows 10 preview build). Usually I am pretty good at doing backups of my wallet, but hadn't done one for a while.

As a result my latest backup has about 60 DASH less than what was in my wallet when I reinstalled the OS. I can afford to loose this, but it's about US $240 so worth putting a little effort into recovering.

Any suggestions on hard drive recovery software, or other tips? If I do recover them as a result of a suggestion here I'll send a few Dash your way.

Just an update. No luck recovering them, thanks for the advice.

That's 60 DASH lost forever, I guess it makes everyone else a little richer.

Just an update. No luck recovering them, thanks for the advice.

That's 60 DASH lost forever, I guess it makes everyone else a little richer.

Sorry to hear

I do not understand that reference to anybody else getting richer ! What is that supposed to mean please ?

60 fewer coins in existence means the value of the remaining ones is enhanced Tungfa.... (60 coins out of 22 million ain't much tho...)

There was a story in the UK a few years back, of a guy who accidentally threw out an old hard drive into the garbage... He had mined tens of thousands of bitcoins back in the day an had forgotten about them! He went to the local landfill site to search for it.... To no avail!

I thought the same thing as our unfortunate friend hiddendark when I heard this story.

Back