• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is it really so hard to buy DRK with EUR?

Tallyho

I bought my first batch of DRK on Sunday from Easydarkcoin.com and I think I was a little bit spoilt. They wanted to know nothing about me other than a contact email address, no sign up required and I had my coins within the hour - on a Sunday evening. Now I'd like to buy some DRK from a Euro account that I have and I'm getting frustrated.

Both Litebit and Anycoin will take SEPA transfer in euros but both require me to register. I decided to try Litebit but they wanted all my personal details and to verify my bank account. Considering the desired anonymity of Darkcoin I don't see that my personal details or my bank account are any of their business as long as they receive the funds. I went along with it anyhow and 24 hours later I acknowledge that I could be waiting a day or two more before Litebit receives my 1 eurocent transfer and allows me to buy anything.

The rest of the exchanges only seem to want to exchange other coins rather than fiat and I don't see the point in buying BTC just so I can exchange it for DRK.

Am I missing something?? Is there no easy way of buying DRK with EUR or do I have to wait until I get some more GBP to be able to buy from Easydarkcoin again? Or is it a standard route to buy BTC first, which seems kind of against the whole point? :confused:

I bought my first batch of DRK on Sunday from Easydarkcoin.com and I think I was a little bit spoilt. They wanted to know nothing about me other than a contact email address, no sign up required and I had my coins within the hour - on a Sunday evening. Now I'd like to buy some DRK from a Euro account that I have and I'm getting frustrated.

Both Litebit and Anycoin will take SEPA transfer in euros but both require me to register. I decided to try Litebit but they wanted all my personal details and to verify my bank account. Considering the desired anonymity of Darkcoin I don't see that my personal details or my bank account are any of their business as long as they receive the funds. I went along with it anyhow and 24 hours later I acknowledge that I could be waiting a day or two more before Litebit receives my 1 eurocent transfer and allows me to buy anything.

The rest of the exchanges only seem to want to exchange other coins rather than fiat and I don't see the point in buying BTC just so I can exchange it for DRK.

Am I missing something?? Is there no easy way of buying DRK with EUR or do I have to wait until I get some more GBP to be able to buy from Easydarkcoin again? Or is it a standard route to buy BTC first, which seems kind of against the whole point? :confused:
I have to agree with you on this one. I'm in Australia and I haven't one place where I can directly purchase DRK with fiat. There's always shapeshift but you need other crypto to exchange
I've resorted to pay pal purchase for GHS at EOBOT and let it slowly mine Dark. Only deal is you have to wait 180 days to withdraw
https://www.eobot.com/new.aspx?referid=46755

You can do smarty cash or SEPA to snapswap.eu The fee there is 1% (but never more than 5 euro fee) and you have to get verified. If you're ok with that then you withdraw EUR IOUs from there to your ripple wallet. I would would be happy to sell Darkcoin IOUs from there (at a fair price) for your EUR. The DRK IOUs would be issued by Dividend Rippler, which is the only anonymous ripple gateways that i know of. And they have been around for at least a couple years now (no log in required). DivRip is in the middle of a bug fix but they should be issuing and redeeming IOUs again very soon. PM me if you want me to put up some DRK offers. I can sell 1000 this week but will have to wait for DR to fix the bug before i can depo more in my ripple wallet.

Back