• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can someone briefly explain "denominated funds" to me?

You own address X1A and everyone knows that this is your address. You hold 100 DRK there.

Denomination is a early process of darksend. A denomination transactions splits your funds in 100, 10, 1 and 0.1 pieces of DRK and sends it to fresh unsused addresses X9D, X7Z and X6R. These founds are now denominated because the addresses are not obviously your addresses.

This is the simplyfied versoin to explain that for you. To really denominate your coins, they will be mixed with other inputs from Guy B and his address X2B and gal C and her address X3B.

One darksend round simplyfied:
X1A, X2B, X3C ---> Split coins in amounts (power of ten) ---> Mix inputs and outputs in a single transaction ---> Denominated funds on X9D, X7Z and X6R.

If you do this multiple times through up to 16 rounds for all your available funds, your holdings of Darkcoin are almost impossible to trace back to your original holding address X1A.

Would you suggest 16 rounds to be on the safe side vertoe ?
well there is always the possibility of tracking the mixed funds like 0.00000000001% :D if not less.... :) but if you start mixing mixed coins the possibility of tracking is like 0,00000000000000000001% is it enough? If not do another 16x mixing.... :grin::grin:

well there is always the possibility of tracking the mixed funds like 0.00000000001% :D if not less.... :) but if you start mixing mixed coins the possibility of tracking is like 0,00000000000000000001% is it enough? If not do another 16x mixing.... :grin::grin:

Thanks :D And just because I don't want to move through dozens of pages of text: How often do I have to pay the 0.1DRK collateral fee? and is it ok if I stop mixing during the process or logout or do I need to wait until the progress bar is complete?

Thanks :D And just because I don't want to move through dozens of pages of text: How often do I have to pay the 0.1DRK collateral fee? and is it ok if I stop mixing during the process or logout or do I need to wait until the progress bar is complete?
It`s better to start mixing till the end, because you don`t risk to hit 0.1 so often.
The probability of corrateral is higher when you have shit internet connection or interuptions of your network during the mixing.
The 0.1 anominisation amount is possible 1 out of 40 rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you suggest 16 rounds to be on the safe side vertoe ?
I would. I asked Evan for 25 rounds but now we've got 16/17 rounds. You should try to anonymize some coins at these rounds and then try to trace your coins back to your origin address to see if you can! :grin:

I would. I asked Evan for 25 rounds but now we've got 16/17 rounds. You should try to anonymize some coins at these rounds and then try to trace your coins back to your origin address to see if you can! :grin:

I'm a fan of unlimited mixing, but 16 should be enough.

Thanks guys for the heads-up! It's working really well for me right now, albeit a bit slow bit rather safe than sorry, right :D

Just ONE more question and I will go back to my cave: "Is it ok to have a max of let's say 1000DRK/16Rounds configured in the client while only actually having a few dozen DRKS right now and then keep adding/removing funds from the main wallet and/or the DarkSend portion of the wallet OR is it better to have one supply of let's say 100DRK, DS it in one go and then use a different wallet for other incoming/outgoing stuff until I have depleted the entire DS?

Just checking how to operate this the best way :)

Thanks guys for the heads-up! It's working really well for me right now, albeit a bit slow bit rather safe than sorry, right :D

Just ONE more question and I will go back to my cave: "Is it ok to have a max of let's say 1000DRK/16Rounds configured in the client while only actually having a few dozen DRKS right now and then keep adding/removing funds from the main wallet and/or the DarkSend portion of the wallet OR is it better to have one supply of let's say 100DRK, DS it in one go and then use a different wallet for other incoming/outgoing stuff until I have depleted the entire DS?

Just checking how to operate this the best way :)
If you set an "Amount to keep anonymized" higher than what you have in your wallet, it's ok, because it will only anonymize what you have. It's also okay to add to your wallet while mixing, but be careful in removing/spending your funds so much while DS is mixing because you can get collateral fees, like what happened to me here:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-release.3923/page-5#post-41763

And UdjinM6 explained it here:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-release.3923/page-5#post-41773

Your coins will not be anonymized to every little duff because you have change left, and my suggestion is not to send your change with your anonymized coins but just keep the change until you add more DRK to the wallet and start the DS cycle again.

Thanks moli, this is what I was looking for :)

Thanks as well for the heads-up, this will make my life a lot easier and cheaper!

Much <3 to the DRK!

Back