• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DARKCOIL-0.9.18.13: Lightweight Darkcoin Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loading the whole blockchain quite a hard experience, especially with long time coins like Bitcoin (Darkcoin will be like that in future).

I have an idea about light weight wallet that based on master nodes. It used master nodes to keep blockchain data.

Is this possible?

Wait for darkcoin-0.12 which comes with headers-first synchronization.
Or wait for electrum-drk which uses servers to store the blockchain.

Any word on when electrum drk is out? I only use electrum for my coins so DRK is an outlier for me here.

Any word on when electrum drk is out? I only use electrum for my coins so DRK is an outlier for me here.
we are internally discussing currently if we take up on this with the core dev team as the current volunteers are not getting it done in time and/or lose interest too fast.

There is a major update on electrum coming soon (v2.0) and i think we will wait for that release to hit the surface. porting 2.0 will give us a solid and modern code base to work with.

We really need more python devs.

Electrum is acceptable but not really good because it is not decentralize solution and it will not add more value to Darkcoin eco-system.

Loading the whole blockchain quite a hard experience, especially with long time coins like Bitcoin (Darkcoin will be like that in future).

I have an idea about light weight wallet that based on master nodes. It used master nodes to keep blockchain data.

Is this possible?
Hi bhkien.

I suggest you post your idea to the General Discussion section of the forums so we don't get too off topic in this Darkcoil thread. I am interested to hear your idea though and I'm sure the community could give you feedback if it is a possible or worthwhile to implement. Welcome to the forums :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back