• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Decision proposal: Budget proposals

AgnewPickens

Staff member
Chief Sock Advisor
Budget proposals that expect longterm funding should not be able to ride rises in Dash valuation for multiple cycles.

Specifically, if a proposal is being funded, and it has no rollover method in place and continues to ask for funding
with a rising Dash valuation, it should be downvoted by the network beyoind a certain percentage rise in valuation
absent a new proposal being put forth.

Dash has seen a large rise in USD valuation over the last couple of months, and although a continuation in this rise in
valuation is not absolutely guaranteed, tokenomics models expect this rise in valuation.

Proposal owners that submit proposals for more than 3 voting cycles should be subject to a review in Dash valuation
each cycle, as the market matures, Dash valuation is expected to rise, having proposals that came in at 80-100 USD
Dash valuation expecting to get continued funding at 240 USD Dash is ridiculous.

Some have suggesated we lower the proposal fee, open up compettition for funding, what I am suggesting is that any
proposal initiated at a funding rate that is 40% or higher at current Dash valuation be discontinued. We have a situation
now where there is no room left in the budget because of POs that were funded initially at a much lower Dash valuation.

Thank you.

Response to inquiry in Discord:

I am a delegate, only, but I can't see further bureaucratization of the network as a plus, we are supposed to be decentralized, the DAO has been making some good decisions, you saw my post about Budget Proposals, the problem is voters are too lazy to revisit proposals with asks that came in at much lower Dash valuations, we could use a requirement that votes have to be renewed each cycle.

Back