• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Continued Support for the Dash.red project

Would you vote to continue support for the Dash.red project?

• YES

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
then why dont you just increase the CPU of your servers?
We did increase the CPU of the servers. We did so until we reached the limit of our provider, Digital Ocean. I wanted to go to 32 CPUs but they don't offer more CPUs per dropplet in North America. Even with a 16 CPU database server, and a 16 CPU web server, the multi-account people drove the website into the ground.

We did increase the CPU of the servers. We did so until we reached the limit of our provider, Digital Ocean. I wanted to go to 32 CPUs but they don't offer more CPUs per dropplet in North America. Even with a 16 CPU database server, and a 16 CPU web server, the multi-account people drove the website into the ground.

Why dont you buy droplets from other providers? Why dont you move to another provider? Why dont you add an application server in front of your site, capable to redirect to multiple providers in case there is high cpu load?

Additionaly why dont you open source your design, your server configuration and/or/xor your code implementation? That way maybe someone could help you optimize your system.

Last edited:
It is not your home since you ask for funds from the budget system.

The DAO has trusted me to run my business to promote Dash digital currency, but it is still my business and where I spend my life.

There is a place for anonymity and privacy but it does not have to be everywhere and in everything we do. If you invite me into your business, you expect me to act according to your expectations and no one would blame you for verifying my identity and intentions before you open the door.

There is a place for anonymity and privacy but it does not have to be everywhere and in everything we do. If you invite me into your business, you expect me to act according to your expectations and no one would blame you for verifying my identity and intentions before you open the door.

Although this is the common spirit of everyday life and buisness, maybe it is not the spirit of the DASH DAO.
You have to take into account the spirit of the people who fund you.
Maybe you should ask a governance question to the masternodes, asking them whether they agree with your centralized system.
I disagree of course, but my opinion does not count, as long as I am not a masternode.

Last edited:
we are using: 16 CPU Application Server, 16 CPU database server, 1 CPU Dash wallet server

That should be more than enough horsepower for the scope of our project.

I mean a central application server that redirects to several droplets, that in their turn have their own application server, database and wallet.

It is not enough horsepower, this is proved in practice, as long you have cpu problems. This is maybe because of real abuse , or maybe because your system is not optimized.

The scope of the project should be to serve as many people as you can, provided there is financial support. Otherwise you have a wrong scope, IMHO

maybe because your system is not optimized.
I have over 20 years experience working with databases and application servers. I know a thing or two about what I am doing. :D
Optimization comes in many forms, including changing the way people think about the system they are using.

I have over 20 years experience working with databases and application servers. I know a thing or two about what I am doing. :D
Optimization comes in many forms, including changing the way people think about the system they are using.

It is not only a matter of application server, it is also a matter of the coding style of the games, that should consume as low resources as possible.

I respect your experience, but you are not perfect, are you? :)

Maybe someone out there, is better than you, and can help you. The help you desperately need can arrive in two possible ways. Either you hire the better person, or you opensource your system hoping that the better person will have mercy on you.:p:D

Last edited:
The help you desperately need can arrive in two possible ways.
I have found the solution that fits my life and my business, and we have discussed it. I don't need anything "desperately" except perhaps continued funding for the dash.red project. Can we get back on track here?

we are using: 16 CPU Application Server, 16 CPU database server, 1 CPU Dash wallet server

Why you allocate 16 CPU into the database? This indicates to me that you may also need a database optimization. What database are you using?
Do you store everything into the database? This is cpu consuming, on terms of performance. Some critical files that are requested frequently and do not require complicated sql queries, maybe you should try to store them in plain files and change the code accordinly. Are your using ssd disks or not?

Last edited:
Why you allocate 16 CPU into the database?
Our most popular games are the 4 slot machine style games. Playing these games requires a security check and transaction once every 4 seconds per user on the website. We have reached over 300 members online simultaneously - and that is when we are NOT under attack. That means the database can process hundreds of calls per second. I improved performance by removing the logging on these 4 games which removes one transaction per spin.

Having an ultra-fast database is worth more to me than saving a couple of bucks a month for an 8 core server. The difference in website response is clear to the end-user.

Why you allocate 16 CPU into the database? This indicates to me that you may also need a database optimization. What database are you using?

Talking about database optimization, you may follow an alternative approach. Make visible through http(s) all your non critical data in a plain JSON format, then make the client do the queries, by using javascript.

Our most popular games are the 4 slot machine style games. Playing these games requires a security check and transaction once every 4 seconds per user on the website. We have reached over 300 members online simultaneously - and that is when we are NOT under attack. That means the database can process hundreds of calls per second. I improved performance by removing the logging on these 4 games which removes one transaction per spin.

Having an ultra-fast database is worth more to me than saving a couple of bucks a month for an 8 core server. The difference in website response is clear to the end-user.

Couldnt you use javascript for this? Node.js maybe?
Node.js , among others, is based also on the principle I just said.

As far as I know, node.js can also authenticate the client so you can pass to the client part of the load, you could even allocate to the client some of the critical tasks you just mentioned.

Last edited:
Yes. It would be nice if you could join us for the Dash conferences in Venezuela.
I would love to go to Caracas. Unfortunately, my passport is not very welcome there. Paula and I are thinking about it frequently. It might happen.

The website is working extremely well as it is right now.
IMHO it is not working well, because you were forced to reject the people who caused cpu load. A website is working well only if it can scale so that it can serve everybody.

I would love to go to Caracas. Unfortunately, my passport is not very welcome there. Paula and I are thinking about it frequently. It might happen.
Yes there are a lot of problems for US passports but you could apply to a temporary visa claiming you are coming for a conference. Just an idea.

Back