• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Create the first DASH gateway on Ripple

I'm the owner of the open-source Ripple GW proposal and I consider it unfortunate that currently this proposal isn't going to pass. Dash and Ripple users will get much more benefit by having both solutions online.

Their platform doesn't work with people reporting lost and stuck funds. See link just from today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/6b8wxp/transfer_from_gatehub_to_another_wallet/

I don't think it would be good for the community to fund an integration that puts peoples DASH at risk.

This proposal is premature.

Before integrating other coins, these guys should instead focus on getting their basic functionality working.

Their platform doesn't work with people reporting lost and stuck funds. See link just from today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/6b8wxp/transfer_from_gatehub_to_another_wallet/

Are you kidding?? The above link has nothing to do with lost and stuck funds.

No funds have been lost at GateHub.

Some transactions do take somewhat longer than usual to get processed, but this is the case with other exchanges as well, even the big ones (e.g. at Poloniex all ETC withdrawals were disabled for the whole day yesterday), and has a lot to do with the recent delays on the Bitcoin network itself.

Such completely untrue allegations from members of the DASH community benefit no-one.

Edit: formatting

Last edited:
Are you kidding?? The above link has nothing to do with lost and stuck funds!

No funds have been lost at GateHub.

Some transactions do take somewhat longer than usual to get processed, but this is the case with other exchanges as well, even the big ones (e.g. at Poloniex all ETC withdrawals were disabled for the whole day yesterday), and has a lot to do with the recent delays on the Bitcoin network itself.

Such completely untrue allegations from members of the DASH community benefit no-one.

Below are direct quotes from from the link:

"I can't send or receive ripple to my gatehub wallet." (han5li)

"I transfered 21 ripple just to try, address took 20 and i received only 0.70 ripple." (Donkii)

There are other links on ripple reddit reporting similar issues. This was just a link From today.

There are other links on ripple reddit reporting similar issues. This was just a link From today.

All issues I could see mentioned on Reddit are issues from user not fully understanding how Ripple works (just like the one from your link). This will be cleared up by GateHub's support team.

All exchanges always have pending user support requests -- this is a normal situation and in itself doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the exchange. You will find similar posts about Poloniex, Kraken, Bitstamp.. every exchange, at any time, and especially now.

Such requests of course grow enormously when there are many new users to the platform that are not yet familiar with the technology, and this is exactly what happened on GateHub last week.

All issues I could see mentioned on Reddit are issues from user not fully understanding how Ripple works (just like the one from your link). This will be cleared up by GateHub's support team.

All exchanges always have pending user support requests -- this is a normal situation and in itself doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the exchange. You will find similar posts about Poloniex, Kraken, Bitstamp.. every exchange, at any time, and especially now.

Such requests of course grow enormously when there are many new users to the platform that are not yet familiar with the technology, and this is exactly what happened on GateHub last week.

If you could give us a sense of the scale of future oriented plans and new resources to resolve the current issues, and more importantly, prevent/minimize future similar problems. Quantified numbers, even better.

Thanks in advance

Note that the other proposal (which I also support) produces a piece of open source software that would allow anybody that is motivated to set up a Ripple/Dash gateway. It does not necessarily end up with a fully functional gateway, that's outside the proposal.

This proposal (although private/closed source) does result in an actual functional gateway--that's the whole point.

Voted yes. This is the type of integration we need to keep banging out. 100,000 gatehub users, $2M/day in existing volume.. It's not just about the dev work on this one.

The guy is going to hopefully make some money off us, but that's the point. Go capitalism.

Voted yes. This is the type of integration we need to keep banging out. 100,000 gatehub users, $2M/day in existing volume.. It's not just about the dev work on this one.

The guy is going to hopefully make some money off us, but that's the point. Go capitalism.
130,000 Gatehub users now. How could anybody in their right mind hesitate on this proposal yet vote for circuses and airshows?

Integrations like this is where the money is at. Dash doesn't even need to hunt the deal - it's being offered up as a prize.

I've personally votes yes for this proposal. I would like to see it done, since we have the funds in the Treasury anyway.

How do we get this thing across the line?
* It's a quality proposal with achievable scope
* Dash needs trading integrations that incorporate fiat crosses
* It complements the open source proposal
* Seems like there's room in the budget for it

Agreed.

Perhaps if ten masternodes who support this would ask again, on all the forums (reddit dashpay, the Dashnation slack (sub-channel proposals) and DashCentral) that would be enough. I'll go do my part.

My reasons as to why this is valuable and worthwhile:

1. It adds substantial tools/capabilities to trade back and forth easily and painlessly between various currencies. That's what Ripple does. It's like the Babel fish if you're a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan. Or, it's like Star Treks Universal Translator.

2. The cost is very reasonable to get this done considering the man hours it will take.

3. These are the people who know Ripple frontwards and backwards, and the logical choice for who to get this done in a timely and effective manor.

4. Ripple is going places. A strategic partnership between Ripple and Dash will accomplish far more together than separately.

https://ripple.com/insights/forty-seven-japanese-banks-move-towards-commercial-phase-using-ripple/
http://www.the-blockchain.com/2017/04/28/ten-banks-join-ripples-global-payments-network/

5. Some are concerned that we are paying money to a for-profit company. If it's profitable, they should just pay for it themselves. While I understand this point of view, and this point of view is not wrong, I view it very differently. You know how cool it is to buy premium tickets to get front row seats, and then you ALSO get passes to go backstage and meet the rock stars?

That's what we're paying for, premium express service. We, as a community, need to get used to the idea that we are rich. There's nothing wrong with being rich. Get used to it. Act like it. Embrace it. Raise your hand if you want to go to the front of line, instead of the back of the line!

6. Some are concerned that the end product is not an open source software product, and there is another proposal that does the "same thing" by a community member and results in an open source software deliverable. Evan even said so.

Yes, this is true. And yet, begging to differ with Evan. These two proposals do not do the same thing. These are complementary projects, and even the other open source proposal owner Akhavr wants both to happen.

This project will result in a functional gateway with support. Akhavr's project will result in software that anybody can use to open a gateway, but how many people will actually do that? And provide support? I don't know. How many Linux users are there? How many Microsoft users are there? Isn't it great that WE COULD HAVE BOTH!

What expands the Dash universe the fastest? Do both.

Back