• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Neither MPOS nor NOMP can connect to Dash port. Please help.

Mark2701

Hi there,

I have dash coin daemon running on port 9998 but neither MPOS nor NOMP can connect to it. It seems to reject any access to the RPC port with the supplied username and password. Here's the error that SSH throws when I ran:
cd nomp
node init.js

2016-10-12 02:55:03 [Pool] dash Unauthorized RPC access - invalid RPC username or password
2016-10-12 02:55:03 [Pool] dash Unauthorized RPC access - invalid RPC username or password
f25965e6-8f9f-11e6-97b8-3b98a42f2bca.png

I'm positive that my dash.json & dash.conf are all good and have the right RPC username or password.

PS: I'm using NOMP as the stratum server & MPOS as the front end.

Please, any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mark

Last edited:
Try to change them both in dash.conf and dash.json, then restart daemon and try to start pool again.

EDIT: fixed dash.js -> dash.json

Last edited:
when I search for dash.js, there are 3 files pops up. Am I going to apply the changes to all of the files? Here's the screenshot
2016-10-12_1855.png

I got the same error @UdjinM6 :( This is what I did:
1. I changed the rpcuser and rpcpassword on dash.conf, dash.json & global.inc.php
2. I restarted the daemon by logging in to the root and run this command on ssh:
service ssh restart

2. I restarted the daemon by logging in to the root and run this command on ssh:
service ssh restart

Errr.... That's not how you do that. You restarted ssh daemon which has nothing to do with dashd. You should run "dash-cli stop", wait few seconds and then run "dashd" (if you have them in /usr/local/bin or any other globally available place, otherwise "cd" into folder with dashd and dash-cli first and then "./dash-cli stop", wait, "./dashd").

Oh sorry. Yes,thank you for that @UdjinM6 . But I received the same error running that command. It's the same error I got from running the stratum:
2016-10-13_2146.png

I don't understand. I got the same rpcuser &rpcpassword on both dash.conf & dash.json :(

Oh sorry. Yes,thank you for that @UdjinM6 . But I received the same error running that command. It's the same error I got from running the stratum:
View attachment 2714

I don't understand. I got the same rpcuser &rpcpassword on both dash.conf & dash.json :(
Ah, right, my bad! Should stop daemon first and THEN change username/password. Kill it via "killall dashd" and start again via "./dashd".

It worked! I love you man @Balych ! This is what I did for others who are having the same problem:
1. Login to your root in ssh.
2. run sudo killall dashd
3. Then changed the rpc username and password on dash.conf, dash.json & global.inc.php.
4. Then log back in to ssh. But this time, login as user.
5. "cd" into folder with dashd and dash-cli and run "./dashd"
6. Finally, "cd", then "cd nomp", then "node init.js".

Cheers @UdjinM6 & @Balych !! You guys are the champion!

I noticed that I still got this
2016-10-14 02:39:06 [Pool] [dash] (Thread 2) Unauthorized XdyWJuriHVxDxk1KRNozbJzWgbKdLi6AoD:x [175.201.84.97]
2016-10-14_1031.png

And it says "No new blocks for 55 seconds - updating transactions & rebroadcasting". Did I miss something?

Here's that part on my dash.json @UdjinM6 :

"mposMode": {
"enabled": true,
"host": "127.0.0.1",
"port": 3306,
"user": "root",
"password": "mypassword",
"database": "dashcoinpool",
"checkPassword": true,
"autoCreateWorker": false
}

Is the port correct for dash coin?

Here's that part on my dash.json @UdjinM6 :

"mposMode": {
"enabled": true,
"host": "127.0.0.1",
"port": 3306,
"user": "root",
"password": "mypassword",
"database": "dashcoinpool",
}

Is the port correct for dash coin?
That port is for mysql iirc and looks correct. Is "XdyW...." actually registered on your mpos as a user with password "x"? If not, there is no wonder he is rejected.

Code:
        /* Checks for valid password in database when miners connect. */

/* Unregistered workers can automatically be registered (added to database) on stratum
           worker authentication if this is true. */

Thank you for explaining that @UdjinM6 . But I'm confused on "XdyW..." part. I don't see the "XdyWJuriHVxDxk1KRNozbJzWgbKdLi6AoD" on mPOS directory. It's not on the global.inc.php either. But I found this on the net when I'm searching for the problem:
https://bchain.info/DASH/addr/XdyWJuriHVxDxk1KRNozbJzWgbKdLi6AoD

Maybe this will help explain the problem?
If I get it correctly, "XdyWJuriHVxDxk1KRNozbJzWgbKdLi6AoD" is some miner who is trying to mine on your pool and who probably assumes that he doesn't need to register to mine. This is true for nomp pools usually but it's not the case for your mpos-enabled pool given the settings you use.

Back