This week has been another fantastic week for Dash with numerous integrations, developments, and announcements! Continuing reading for a summary of the week.
Dash Developments of the Week:
- Dash Text Expands SMS-enabled Dash Payments to Colombia, Strengthens Remittance Corridor: The popular service that allows Venezuelans to send Dash to each other via text messages and even continued to work while other POS services failed during recent Venezuelan blackouts will now be expanding to Colombia. The Dash Text team prioritized Colombia for expansion due to the fact that 59% of Colombians do not own smartphones, much like the 60% of Venezuelans and that Colombia has a high percentage of Venezuelans that could be interested to send remittances back home to family and friends.
Dash Integrations of the Week:
- Brazilian Exchange 3xbit Integrates Dash With InstantSend Support: 3xbit will now support Dash traded against 10 different cryptocurrencies, including Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. 3xbit will also support Dash InstantSend, which is now available for nearly all transactions by default, but is still dependent on the specific vendor to recognized the transaction as being secured and displaying that status to consumers. 3xbit joins a growing list of Brazilian exchanges that are rapidly supporting Dash, which is rapidly helping increase liquidity in the country.
- Largest P2P Cryptocurrency Marketplace in Europe Adds Dash: Bitcoin.de claims over 775,000 customers and now allows consumers to buy and sell Dash against Bitcoin since they will hold the other parties’ Bitcoin until the Dash transaction is complete. This is a familiar service for the exchange since they previously offered it with euro-to-Bitcoin trading. The integration will allow for more price movement differentiation against Bitcoin, which is required for a maturing market rather than everything simply following Bitcoin’s price movements.
- WisePass Integrates Dash to Provide Consumers with Enhanced Choices: WisePass offers consumers a lifestyle subscription service where they can get access to a daily sampling of various items for a monthly fee. Dash Embassy Thailand recently got them to accept Dash for their “one-time Pass” and are hoping to integrate Dash for more of their services in the future. The integration illustrates Dash’s rapid growth in Thailand and will help increase the number of consumers visiting merchants asking if they accept cryptocurrency, which is required to increase real-life usage.
- eToro Launches eToroX Exchange With Dash Support and 8 Fiat Stablecoins: eToro’s new licensed cryptocurrency exchange, eToroX, will be supporting Dash among other cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, and fiat. eToro has recently been involved in a few studies illustrating younger generation’s acceptance of cryptocurrency over traditional finance and aims to capitalize on that to increase Dash and cryptocurrency adoption. The exchange will not only offer more liquidity, but will also offer more competition as major exchanges are starting to delist coins.
General News of the Week:
- Graphene V2 Report Shows Mass On-Chain Scaling Progress, 1GB Blocks Possible on Basic Hardware: New research and improvements by the Graphene team has focused on various security and performance improvements in phase 1 and failure recovery and mempool synchronization in phase 2. During their research they were able to achieve an overall mean compression rate of 0.995, including a mean compression rate of 0.998 for blocks with more than 1000 transactions and a compression rate of 0.999 for the largest block of 2545 transactions. One of their researchers, Andrew Stone, highlighted that while cryptocurrency is not going to “be using 1GB blocks tomorrow, but the fact is that a relatively inexpensive computer today can do so”, which balances scalability and decentralization. Dash is pursuing a similar goal of increasing scaling while also remaining decentralized as the research team at Arizona State University recently showed that Dash can scale up to 10 MB, which is the equivalent of 40 MB on Bitcoin due to Dash’s 2.5 minute block intervals versus………..
Please read Full Story at:
Author: Justin Szilard
Original link: https://dashnews.org/this-week-in-dash-april-15th-april-20th/