Looks like we finally had a successful migration on testnet and solved all known (critical) issues, so we are ready to start the final phase which is a public testing.
This release includes:\
- DIP0001 implementation https://github.com/dashpay/dips/blob/master/dip-0001.md\
- 10x transaction fee reduction (including InstantSend fee)\
- InstantSend vulnerability fix\
- Lots of other bug fixes and performance improvements\
- Experimental BIP39/BIP44 complaint HD wallet (disabled by default, should be fully functional but there is no GUI yet)
Detailed release notes: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/1675 (work in progress)
- Make sure you made a backup of you mainnet datadir somewhere or at least a backup of wallet.dat/dash.conf/masternode.conf;\
- Remove testnet3 folder, old testnet is not compatible anymore, you need to sync from scratch.
What/how to test:\
- DIP0001 is already active on testnet, so it’s capable of handling 2Mb blocks now and have lower fees. Send some transactions but please spam responsibly \
- InstantSend fix is also activated, so InstantSend is enabled on testnet, give it a try;\
- Try mixing too, let’s see how it works now;\
- Run a masternode or two, make sure it is paid;\
- Create some proposals and/or up/down-vote some of them (remember, you need a masternode to vote but you don’t need a masternode to submit a proposal).
What else you can do:\
- Report serious issues (crashes/hangs/GUI glitches) : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues/new\
- Participate in translations : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/12-2-translations.17122/
- Windows : https://bamboo.dash.org/browse/DASHW-DEV/latestSuccessful/artifact/JOB1/gitian-win-dash-dist/\
- MAC : https://bamboo.dash.org/browse/DASHM-DEV/latestSuccessful/artifact/JOB1/gitian-osx-dash-dist/\
- Linux : https://bamboo.dash.org/browse/DASHL-DEV/latestSuccessful/artifact/JOB1/gitian-linux-dash-dist/\
- Raspberry Pi : https://bamboo.dash.org/browse/DASHP-DEV/latestSuccessful/artifact/JOB1/gitian-RPi2-dash-dist/
Testnet tools (explorers, faucets, pools) : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/testnet-tools-resources.1768/
NOTE: Make sure you pulled Sentinel from
core-v0.12.2.x branch and changed network to
sentinel.conf. If you already have a mainnet masternode on the same server, do NOT run testnet masternode in the same datadir as your mainnet masternode (i.e.
.dashcore). Create new folder specifically for testing (e.g.
.dashcore_test) and make sure you use
-datadir=<yourtestnetdatadirhere> cmd-line parameter for dashd and dash-cli. You’ll also need a separate crontab line for testnet Sentinel. If you are not 100% sure what you are doing, I’d recommend setting up a new machine/instance for testing purposes only instead of reusing your mainnet server.